Modifications Needed For Drifting

Here we go, Drift your car...

[YT]mzB_IbhPD4I[/YT]

[YT]V_vD4qpsXDU&feature=related[/YT]

----------Next Post------------
Oh!! Okay...OHC is a FWD car [:)]

Last edited by a moderator:
I do own a 240D at present its a rear wheel drive.

SORRY OFF TOPIC

240 D man i love that car. We want a review with loads of pic's please.[:)]
----------Next Post------------

Here we go, Drift your car...
Oh!! Okay...OHC is a FWD car
Well nice video's.The thing that guy is doing in the videos is POWER SLIDE's but in a continuous manner (chain type like arun & i had said before) which is making it look like a Drift.

Where as in proper drifts HAND BRAKES are never used instead the accelerator & steering do the trick.[:)]

Below is a image help understand DRIFT Better -

HAPPY DRIFTING[cheers]

Last edited:

napster

Suspended
indian cars dont drift in the first note and more over, cars in india are not powerful enough to handle a proper drift, if you do so, you end up with a blown engine[lol]
note: indian cars i mean safari, innova etc..which ever have RWD

indian cars dont drift in the first note and more over, cars in india are not powerful enough to handle a proper drift, if you do so, you end up with a blown engine[lol]
note: indian cars i mean safari, innova etc..which ever have RWD
BMW 3 series is the best bet. And anything above it can do well.

napster

Suspended
3series is the first on the list among the cars available in india, everything else can only give you a power slide experience

MOD NOTE: guys, lets not go completely OT. two pages are full of OT posts.

the thread starter was asking about modifications for his car & this discussion is leading towards which car is good for drifting, which car is a RWD, etc.

we can discuss that in a different thread please.

Warm regards,
TAI Team.

@ karthik: you have a city which is a FWD car but it can also drift. i have seen many lancers & OHCs drifting, it just needs practice. but please do not practice all this on public roads endangering yourselves & others. TAI is strictly against irresponsibility.

as far as modifications are concerned, go for fatter rubber & alloys initially. you can also opt for stiffer springs from koni or ohlins which will reduce the ride height & increase stability but will affect practicality as GC will be less & ride would be firm. for drifting, your car needs good power, so go for performance upgrades like performance filters, FFE, header, etc.

Last edited:
@ karthik.

HAND BRAKES play a important role in FWD cars drift(which is actually a power slide).Get them tuned accordingly.It should be like in a Half Hand Brake pull the cars wheels should get locked causing loss of traction & throwing the cars rear end out either to left or right depending on the way you steer your car.[:)]

Happy & Safe Drifting.[;)]

How do i adjust my adjust my hand brakes as u said?
I dont know how it is done on other cars but i will tell you how it was done in a Maruti 800.

Must be similar processes on other vehicles too.

There are two cables (the ones like on our cycles which are used to brake) which go to the two rear tiers of your vehicle.Now just check the place where your hand brake is situated.The rear end of the hand brake(not the one which you pull but the one which is fixed on the car's floor) has two round type things.(even these are the same which you find on cycles,remember on the handle ? rotating them makes your brake wire tighter which results in tight brakes.)Now rotate these two round type things clock wise (sitting on the rear seats of your car)This will tighten your cable & brakes which will result in Hard Hand brake but will help in locking the wheels just when the hand break is half up.

OR ELSE just get it done from any good mechanic any pay him 10 bucks.[evil]

[cheers]

Last edited:
Thread Starter #30
I dont know how it is done on other cars but i will tell you how it was done in a Maruti 800.

Must be similar processes on other vehicles too.

There are two cables (the ones like on our cycles which are used to brake) which go to the two rear tiers of your vehicle.Now just check the place where your hand brake is situated.The rear end of the hand brake(not the one which you pull but the one which is fixed on the car's floor) has two round type things.(even these are the same which you find on cycles,remember on the handle ? rotating them makes your brake wire tighter which results in tight brakes.)Now rotate these two round type things clock wise (sitting on the rear seats of your car)This will tighten your cable & brakes which will result in Hard Hand brake but will help in locking the wheels just when the hand break is half up.

OR ELSE just get it done from any good mechanic any pay him 10 bucks.[evil]

[cheers]
Its better to pay 10 bucks than not having a handbrake.

Top Bottom