Mitsubishi To Launch New Outlander Next Year

Will this Outlander taste success

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thread Starter #1
When the name is heard as Mitsubishi it represents SPEED,SAFETY,ENGINE all together as performance.

The Mitsubishi Company in India is in JV with Hindustan Motors which is a part of Birla Group. The Mitsubishi’s last successful vehicle was the Lancer and Pajero SFX.

Recently the Lancer CEDIA and Pajero SFX were discontinued due to various reasons and the Indian markets and their dealers are also involved in one of the reason

The most advanced car named as OUTLANDER did not do well in India as It was launched with Petrol drivetrain only and there was no proper response due to worst dealership network.

To make the dealership network strong the Mitsubishi has taken the foot paths of FIAT India. JV with HM continues but the same way how TML and FIAT are there in the market now.

To Expand the Products now in India the Mitsubishi India has planned to Release the New OUTLANDER with Diesel DRIVETRAIN

The details of this car is obtained from various websites

motorbeam.com

themotorreport.com of Australia

Pics of new OUTLANDER are here
11315__540x375_2013_Mitsubishi_Outlander_04.jpg
11319__540x375_2013_Mitsubishi_Outlander_08.jpg
11320__540x375_2013_Mitsubishi_Outlander_09.jpg
11321__540x375_2013_Mitsubishi_Outlander_10.jpg
11322__540x375_2013_Mitsubishi_Outlander_11.jpg
outlander.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Mitsubishi To Launch New Outlander

I love the new outlander,could be my next car if petrol joins.
Old one was also stunning. But mitsu needs to take india a bit more seriously.
New CRV wont make things easy for it.

Thread Starter #4

@Viky:this is similar to VOLVO man i'll upload the snap if i get one
@Theferrarifan:Petrol drivetrain is also in the option cards

For sure is that its a seven seater all wheel drive CROSSOVER

Yes its similar to the XC60 but not X1. Maybe the colour looks like a X1. But overall its a nice looking car.

Frankly speaking I liked the older one. It was unique. This one looks like some other car in every angle. [glasses]

Only if they bring a diesel option it will be great .

I think Mitsu is still not serious about the Indian market. They need to get their act together and concentrate on the sales/service outlet expansion. Its good to launch new products but without being backed up by the sales/service they are not going to go further.

Thread Starter #10

@Pradeep: the Mitsubishi have now refereshed their MoU against HM as only manufacturing HM will be in JV but marketing and service they are going to stand alone itseeems so we can expect the Mitsu quality sales and service which is seen world wide

Outlander is a very nice Car when I drove it for 1st time I felt very good, but I sat in 2row with my friends and found the width of the 2rd row seat in not enough. It is a very great drivers car.

Thread Starter #12

@MrRanger:Outlander's rear seat is for 5 japan people not 5 indian people but the new one to explore the world market they would have improved it

Unless it comes without diesel it will a flop.This facelift destroyed the charm of the original outlander IMHO..
Pricing will decide..[;)]

^^The pajero sport should have worked out. But it did not unfortunately it did not. So mitsu really needs to price it well.

2014 Mitsubishi Outlander diesel coming to India next year

Financial Express reports that Hindustan Motors will launch the 2014 Mitsubishi Outlander diesel next year. P Vijayan, COO of HM, confirmed that the company was working on bringing the diesel version of the ‘new model’ (the 2014 third generation Outlander that was unveiled at the 2012 Los Angeles Auto Show late last year).

P Vijayan said -

The company is working on the new model of the diesel version and will launch it in early 2014. It will be a more rejuvenated model and will be placed in the UV 4 segment. As Mitsubishi’s partner in India, we want to focus only on the utility vehicle segment and one can see more variants/models of Mitsubishi Pajero and Outlander going forward in India. We will target corporate honchos, celebrities and software professionals [target audience of the new Outlander].

Outlander, Cedia Sports and Evo X were discontinued officially in India.

In the European markets, the 2014 Outlander is sold with a 2.2-liter turbo diesel engine outputting 147bhp and 380/360Nm of torque (for manual/auto respectively). Transmission options are either a 6-speed manual or a 6-speed automatic gearbox. This could be the engine earmarked for India as well.

In the month of June, Mitsubishi went on a ‘discontinuing-spree’ in India. Models such as the Outlander, Cedia Sports and the Evo X were officially discontinued in the country. In 2013, the company sold an average of about 171 units per month of the Pajero Sport, which remains to be the sole bread winner for the brand in India.

2014 Mitsubishi Outlander diesel coming to India next year

Attachments

Top Bottom