Mitsubishi Pajero Sport Review & Pictures

Thread Starter #31
Re: Mitsubishi Pajero Sport Test Drive Review

Wonderful review and Great pictures too. Really appreciate the effort[clap]. Btw, I am curious to know which SUV comes close to this in terms of ride quality &handling [roll]within 30L.
Thanks Karthick, the problem is this combination is hard to find. And anyways 4x4 SUV on BOF with a manual transfer case - err how many exist! There are very very few choices here. Fortuner rules the segment here by a big big margin - it handles well but ride quality err.

But if i forget all the above Duster has it as a combination! Individually yes there are many SUVs which shine on a single quality - but we need to to be fair and not do wild comparisons. Anyways wont go OT further.

Great review IR sir. And I would do what you did too, just close my eyes and go for the pajero sport any day over the Fortuner. Damn the fact that HM has no future, this beast is just that good. I have driven one extensively and it is one vehicle very close to my heart though i drove the automatic version in Bangkok.

Thread Starter #33

Great review IR sir. And I would do what you did too, just close my eyes and go for the pajero sport any day over the Fortuner. Damn the fact that HM has no future, this beast is just that good. I have driven one extensively and it is one vehicle very close to my heart though i drove the automatic version in Bangkok.
Thanks type-r sir I agree once you have driven this and known it - its hard to ignore it really.

Mathew I have added the reverse camera display on this post, thanks for asking.

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...ajero-sport-test-drive-review.html#post361638

Very good review .

One in my colony has bought a white one and it looks massive . Btw any idea if one can remove those stickers of pajero branding ?

This vehicle looks build to last . I have never driven it , but from your review it seems it has a right mix of everything one buyer needs .

The only thing I don't like in the desgin are the wheel arches they are too big which gives a optical illusion of tyres being small .

I had seen the autocar video review and remember the reviewer had mentioned of turbo lag in the pajero , did you felt so too ? And relatively compared to the fortuner which has amazing low end torque how does the pajero score ?

Anyway soild review one of the best found on any Indian auto blogs.

Thread Starter #35

I think sticker should be easily removable.
The vehicle does has the right mix of what I wanted, some more safety equipment would have been welcome though personally.
The wheel arches are actually loved by most , the tires look big in real life compared to say an xuv standing beside. In terms of turbo lag yes I mentioned in review as well turbo lag does exist. I had a mixed bag experience though the Sport I TDed long back seem to have a bigger lag, but the one I tded this time was better, not sure if there was any change to the tune - I have no data. The fortuner comparatively is a bigger engine and has very linear torque, so yes better city drivability. 0-100kmph the Pajero is faster though thanks to super punchy mid range.

This is the most detailed review I have ever seen.
Superb work IR.[clap]
Thanks a lot for putting so much efforts.

@IR

Does the car justify that price, without comparing with others in the segment ??

^^It is simple, When I have noted its on road price and detailed review from IR, just want to know his feeling on the vehicle whether that price has justified its offering or not. Nothing much on this

Thread Starter #40

Sirji i understand, to be honest none in this segment is probably right priced - everyone asks for a premium (apart from Rexton may be), but i wont put it in the same league as a T-Fort or a Pajero.

I do think HM could reduce the ex showroom price slightly to make it sound meatier than Fortuner on paper, on road though given the discounts and the CKD move it comes much cheaper.

Awesome review.[clap]
I always like Pajero when compared to Fortuner.

I liked the graphs. Are those graph easy to read & comprehend?

:offtopic: Is that Magarpatta in last set of pics?

Last edited by a moderator:

Any idea what is the European NCAP safety rating for the pajero sport ?

Thread Starter #45

Thanks Kinshuk, the L200 from 2008 has 4 stars, so i would expect the Pajero Sport along similar lines as its based on it.[thumbsup]

@ vBeat thanks and welcome to TAI!
The graphs are not very readable or rather readable but not as much comprehend-able - but you can see a trend, i guess useful to those who find it useful. It might be doing some log somewhere which can help in diagnosing later is my guess.

Last edited:

Top Bottom