Mitsubishi Pajero Sport Review & Pictures

Solution to it was to pour spring water on the disc , leading to vapors and finally cooling and steering remote control acting funny.
What is the steering remote control??

Also, pouring cold water on the brake disc is generally not recommended since the component naturally gets hot during the normal course of usage.

How many people were there in the truck? A travelogue would be nice if you have the time for it.

Thnx IR, In my view as well the tyre giving cyclical hissing noise was owing to probably very fine dust formation near the pads/ dics. Nevertheless first experimented with WB40 spray that did eliminate the noise , only for it to come back a day later , that is when experimented with water to clean/cool it up.
I guess I also owe it to multiple factors i.e. sharp hairpin bends with steep declines can ask for virtual foot on the break apart from engine breaking. Additionally this whole trip had a lot of soot/dust so can be a major factor as well. Nevertheless post the trip the vehicle has not given any hissing sound so assuming prob solved :)

I would rate reliability as rock solid no issues at all, also the temp did not dip below 7-8 degrees during the trip, so everything worked as expected including cold starts.

@Chetak what I implied is that steering mounted controls for vol/mode etc are not working with the setup. Have tried even reinstalling them on the Pioneer head unit still they work for some time and then the system stops acknowledging inputs from steering mounted buttons. Additionally feel that the vehicle was under sever abuse anyways throughout the trip i.e. going through streams and wading water , so dont feel that pouring water on pads would adversely affect the performance, fingers crossed didnt :) there were just two of us travelling with minor load.
As for the travelogue , soon !

Gentlemen,
Any idea when will the new Pajero be launched in India? I am referring to the one which will be unveiled in Thailand on 1st Aug.
I asked the same thing to the Pune dealer (Pethkar Motors) 2 days back and he said that it would not appear in India till 2017 or beyond.

Hope this is the right thread.
I am buying a Blue Pajero Sports from Pethkar Motors, Pune. This will be the MT 4x4 version (not the AT). The on-road price told me was 31.96 L. After negotiations this has come to:
31.5 L including freebie of 3 D floor mats.
Wanted to check whether this seems to be a good deal or not.
Some of the replies in this thread in the mid 2015 period (Anbu for example) mentioned that the entire insurance was waived and large number of freebies given.
That no longer seems to be the case at least at Pune.

This post should have come before the previous one.

I was looking for an upgrade over a 2003 Scorpio DX which had served me very well for 12 odd years both in-city driving and the great outdoors.

I'd like to thank Iron Rock's superb review of the Pajero Sports as well as accompanying posts by others both in this forum as well as T-BHP, as playing a big role in selecting the Pajero over locally higher selling models like the Fortuner. A nice long TD organized by Pethkar Motors, Pune further convinced me that this was the vehicle I wanted and we are now at the signing amount stage, which will hopefully be consummated later today.

I had gone to the lone Mitsubishi Dealer in Pune, Pethkar motors to check out Pajeros of different colours and make our choice.

During my visit, I met Ashish Singh, who is the Territory / Regional Manager, Hindustan Motors responsible for Pune. Asked him some questions. Listing some of them with his answers below:

Q1) Is it true that the Mitsubishi - Hindustan Motors tie up is ending and that Mitsubishi is going to go alone?
Ans: No, his chairman / CEO has just returned from Japan from a meeting with Mitsubishi and the relationship is going strong. No plans AT ALL for ending it.

Q2) A new Pajero Sports model has been released in Thailand. Will it come to India in 2016?
Ans: No, it will reach India only in 2017

Q3) Various car forums say that After Sales Service of Mitsubishi is really poor. This is of concern to me as a prospective owner.
Ans: Quality of ASS is dependent on the region. I can assure you that you won't face any problems in the Pune area. We can give you references to other buyers and they can confirm.

Q4) Many stories in forums talk of how people had to wait for months for a part.
Ans: Most parts required are either locally stocked (at Pune) or available in Chennai. Pajero is a very robust car and these take care of 99% problems. For some major parts, have to be sourced from Thailand (2-3 weeks) or Japan (4 weeks). But our having to do this is very rare.

Thanks IR and yes the vehicle has been booked. Your detailed review had something to do with my decision [:)]

Went in for a blue colored MT 4x4 from Pethkar Motors. Pethkar wanted me to select either White (delivery time few days) or Black (delivery time 1 week) but we (wife and I) have had both colors before first for her Maruti Suzuki and later for our Scorpio DX and liked the distinctive look of the Blue Pajero.

Pethkar quoted 31.95 L for the MT on road and reduced this to 31.5. They will be giving 3D floor mats and an additional coat of paint to provide more protection against scratches. Have not added any other accessories right now. I might do some black powder coating of the wheel rims once I get the vehicle.

Are there any meets of the Pune Pajero gang? Hope to see you guys there.

Thread Starter #162
Blue would be unique, i dont remember seeing a blue one yet in Pune.

Btw whats additional coat of paint ? I am guessing you mean teflon coating or a 3M polish something. I suggest you completely avoid this and do after an year - a new car doesnt need it.

The Pune Pajero gang needs forming - lets kickstart![:D]

Blue would be unique, i dont remember seeing a blue one yet in Pune.
To be the first would have been nice but there is at least one already [:)] with Pune number plates since I saw it at Pethkars. I had wanted to know what the Blue Pajero looks like and the Pethkar folk asked me to come last Saturday. It looked gorgeous (but then I am biased). The salesman said it was a year old.

Btw whats additional coat of paint ? I am guessing you mean teflon coating or a 3M polish something. I suggest you completely avoid this and do after an year - a new car doesnt need it.
I asked the salesman and he said it was additional paint protection. I am getting it free of cost now. Will check with Pethkar motors what it specifically means and if I can do it a year later at no cost.

The Pune Pajero gang needs forming - lets kickstart![:D]
Absolutely. Lets do this. Apart from you, who are the other Puneri Sports / SFX owners?

Which gets me to a question. I have searched this forum, Team-BHP and the net in general but while I get individual reviews of the Sports or the SFX as well as comparisons with Fortuner etc, I have not found any article / post on Pajero SFX vs Pajero Sports, how the two compare with each other. We have the specifications and yes SFX is under powered compared to the Sports but how do they compare on off-roading, city driving, highway driving, passenger comfort, ...

Vivek

Hello folks ,
Hope all have had a brilliant festive season.
I am close to the 9 K mark , the vehicle has held up nicely.
Oct did a 2700 km road trip to zanskar from delhi, one satisfied and comfortable ride given the spate of road conditions in the Himalayas ,and the highlight was the niggle free experience . [:)]
The 500 Kms of non-tarmac road did allow me to give 4hLC a try which was good fun.
I propose pajero owners to do Zansakr just for its pure off-roading thrill and sheer beauty and vastness. [evil]
Leaving you with some pics and a short video( to be watched in HD ) .

Regards/Kartik

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVQVJ1HS5uM

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Hello folks ,
Oct did a 2700 km road trip to zanskar from delhi, one satisfied and comfortable ride given the spate of road conditions in the Himalayas , n the highlight was the niggle free experience .
Wow! Kartik with such awesome and scenic landscapes, a nice travelogue should be composed as well. The Pajero certainly looks in good shape[thumbsup]

Regards

Akash

Top Bottom