Mitsubishi Launches Lancer Evo X at Rs.49.95 Lakhs!

I think its the new Lancer and not the EVO X that is coming here. The current Lancer will be phased out in 2010 when it won't be able to meet BS-4 norms. Cedia prices will be reduced and the new Lancer will be priced in the Honda Civic territory. The EVO X will come as a direct import and will cost around 40 lakh. The Lacer will get a good choice of powerful and frugal petrol and diesel engines, though I forgot their specifications.

It WONT COME SO SOON I guess.

The one & only reason is that the legendary MIVEC engine needs high octane fuel i.e 100 octane + fuel where as the max we get in our country (that too in some cities) is the 97octane one.The commonly found are the 87 octane(normal petrol) & 91 octane (speed,etc).

Even the older Mivec engines needed min 100 octane fuel to avoid knocking & higher octane to give full performance.
100 RON. You gotta be kidding me.
Even the Lamborghini is somewhere like 95/97 RON. Nowhere in the world do you get 100 RON.

The Outlander in US has the same MIVEC engine & fuel requirement that the Indian version has.They haven't detuned the engine for Indian conditions.

Where as there are no EVO X's under production which run on 87 or 91 octane fuels.

The Outlader's MIVEC & EVO's MIVEC are different engine's.The only thing common between them is the Mitsubishi's tech " MIVEC ".

Moreover even detuning the EVO's MIVEC engine to meet the Indian fuel standards ain't a easy job.It cant be done just by playing around with the ECU.The compression ratio needs to be changed & even if they change the ratio they will need to work on the engines TURBO CHARGER again & if they work on that too (which i don't think they will just for us Indians) we will get a highly detuned EVO X. People might prefer buying a skoda Octavia 1.8TP & soup it up & still save loads of money in your pocket.[:)]
I dont think there would be any detuning.
Detuning is done on normal cars. Not these kinda cars. The A4 etc are also not detuned for Indian conditions.

Google is the source of the news.

Karthik
Bad source. The last time i had a talk with one of the guys at Mitsubishi India ( Cannot reveal more due to safety reasons) , he said it would come only by late 2011-2012 and that too imported on order.

350Z

Core Team
Launch on 1st May 2010?

Though the Delhi'tes didn't get a glimpse of Evolution X at recent 10th Auto Expo but the news of it’s launch has yet again started flowing in air and this time the launch date has been confirmed as well, which is said to be 1st May 2010 and due to import taxes, It’ll cost anywhere about Rs. 35 Lakhs. Keep your fingers crossed!

Drive Safe,
350Z

Attachments

Hope they actually launch it this time,but then i still doubt how would it run on 89,91 & 97 octane fuels when the minimum requirement of the engine is 100 octane fuel.

They could de-tune it but then de-tuning it to accept 91 octane is pretty doubtful as its a hug jump downwards. Even 97 octane is only found in selected cities here in India.

Performance cars like the Evo will always have this problem in India, but anybody buying this will have the wherewithal to get his (her) hands on good fuel too.

Looking good.
Whats the reabon doing back side?
I assume you meant "ribbon", so no, that is not a ribbon. It is tape i guess, and it has been camouflaged to hide it from prying eyes. It just looks like a ribbon. And BTW, it looks FANTASTIC! [thumbsup]

this is the most awaited launch.
Forget EVO, just launch the new shape Lancer here. It almost looks same.

Question is how much they are going to price it.
I agree with you LandRover. Just get that car here! We want a new Lancer, we have already waited too long! A launch is definitely on the cards, and this car single-handedly could overturn Mitsubishi's fortune in India.

BTW, if they bring the standard Lancer here, expect it to be priced around the Honda Civic-Skoda Laura ballpark i.e around Rs.14-15 lakhs. And if they bring the EVO X, price will shoot up to Rs.35-40 lakh.

Hmmm looking great and great news too!! I was reading in paper today about this and it was said that Mitsubishi is still looking and studying some options so that they could launch it in 2011!!

350Z

Core Team
Post Moved.
Monkey, Brilliant Job! It has been confirmed by Mitsubishi Officials that Lancer Evo is coming in second week of July.

Mitsubishi Official said:
We will launch the Mitsubishi Lancer Evo in India during the second week of July. This will be the latest generation Lancer Evo FQ300 which is one of the expensive variants, currently selling globally.
Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom