Mitsubishi Lancer Technical Problems & Solutions

Re: Mitsubishi Lancer Technical Problems, Discussions & Solutions

The three indicators (....Boiler, battery, handle) stay lighted when i turn on the ignition (engine off), and it disappears when the engine is turned on. What does it try to say?

Attachments

Re: Sound after changing all belts - Lancer

I too had this issue, annoying noise when the accelerator is pressed just after starting (even if not in gear). It disappears in a minute or two). Mechanic changed the AC belt. Now it runs ok. Can it happen on anyother reason ?[cry]
Hi,

I have recently changed all below rubber belts:

1. Alternator
2. Power Steering Pump
3. A/c Compressor Belt

After changing this, I am getting some sound (Kreeeeech!!) in cold start and is going off after driving some 100 metres.

During long run, I am not getting this sound.

Can anyone suggest which one is making this sound ?

Note: Sounds seems to be coming out from belts.

Thanks.

RPM does go up with AC or fluctuate when the compressor kicks in - the question rather is whether this is an acceptable range of fluctuation. Lancer owners might want to share this data. Nevertheless please check the O2 sensor and air intake valve along with the idle setting.
Also check for the ac compressor if it really cuts off or remain continuously on which could be a problem as well.

Technical Advice on Lancer GLXi 1999

Hi all,
I am new to this forum, please check the introduction section. Like you guys, I am also very much fond of cars, especially Lancer. So, to start with, I own her for past 3.5 years now, and since then have spent a lot around 4L by now. Most of which could be avoided, that's what I feel now. Anyways, I really regret finding you guys so late. Now, I am planning to touch her again as she is due for FC next month. I can't let her go, just like that. Because I am in a dilemma whether to hold or sell and go for pre owned Honda Civic. But, before I start to search on civic, I need your help me to find a right contact(other than maya motors) to have detailed inspection done and have expertise advise at chennai.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Technical Advice on Lancer GLXi 1999

Mr.Mariner, Welcome to TAI.4 Lakhs !! Whoa which is for the maintainence right ?? [shock] That costs way more money for Maintainence than a Daewoo Cielo !!Don't touch her.Pass the FC and sell it off.I know it is heartbreaking to sell your favorite car.But it will burn your pocket real bad.Why not a poll ?? and my suggestion is go for a Pre-owned Honda Civic.Never ever go for a honda if it is sold in a Dealership !! My Dad has been there and Suffered.They will take out original Parts and will sell it and place Fake ones and sell it to people which inturn causes High maintainence.Can you list out what parts and matainance you changed and did respectively ?? Go to OLX or quickr and see for one.Remamber always go for topend.Thank you.

Can you tell me what does this mean exactly?

Ok, all 4L did not go for maintenance. Let me narrate my expenses as short as I can.

I bought the vehicle as 3rd owner.
1st owner was a lady, hardly used it I guess. 2nd owner purchased in the year 2001 itself, some army guy. And then me in Dec 2010.

As such, condition was damn good, other than small hunky punkies here and there. She had 115k on the odo. And was old fashioned as well, I mean traditional wheels and ICE was factory fitted. And paint was also dull white. I purchased on the only reason that engine was good and my dream car and I knew for guarantee that I am gonna change her looks completely. So, didn't had any regrets for the price 175k, though Maya motors claimed it as high for 99 model.

My expenses started with Maya motors for initial service, charged me with all marketing strategies and I wasted some thousands there. And the quote they gave me for major repairs, shocked me.

So, I was driving for few months and then one of my friend suggested a guy from chennai who does a good job for lancer. Went to him, got the vehicle completely ripped off,
- changed bonnet(new) style to SLXi models with new set of head lamp assemblies and lock
- changed complete suspension unit, lower arms, bush units and shocks. Not springs
- complete general service, inclusive brake pads n stuffs of that cadre
- complete painting to metallic white, exterior only
- changed new ac compressor
- complete 3M sun film on all, including windshield.
- JVC 7" touch screen with reverse cam
- JBL front speakers
- Polk audio at rear
- JBL amp with 1300W subwoofer
- OSRAM HID lights
- Leather covers factory stitched for steering and gear knob.
- dual rubber paintings in the dash board and door panels with Black & Silver.
- Art. Leather seat covers, really good style, believe me.
- few stickers on the door panels and few here and there, and complete carbon black sticker on the roof
- and some crazy things with number plates, screws, cabin lights, horn.
These expenses costed around 225 - 250k

Then, everything was alright. Ok I forgot to mention, I changed ac compressor because that mechanic suggested me to do for ac insufficient cooling.

After a year passed, during the summer 2012, I faced similar AC problems. Took her for an ac service, he charged some 3-4k and did something and said, changed thermostat and gas and general service.
Again, same problem after few weeks. I was totally pissed off. Having spent more than 20K on AC alone, still the problem was persisting.
I thot, nothing much is gonna change by going and yelling at those guys.

I went to Torana Motors, chennai. He suggested me to change condenser and I did that. Now it's perfectly alright. So that costed between 5-10k more, I don't remember exactly.

Then came the strict regulation on sun films, so removed all those dark tinted films and had a lighter version of the same with 3M. That was around 5k.

Next, having done initial service at Maya motors, I didn't turn to them at all ever.
So, I did my 10k service checks at Ignite, where they suggested me to change suspensions all again due to bad condition. I told them it was changed <2 years ago.

So, there was a bill for 60k.

Again, I was not satisfied with the suspension in the ride, went to Maya motors.
They then said, suspensions are not original ones, instead duplicate Which annoyed me more.

Now, with confusions in mind, still trying to maintain her with regular normal maintenance checks, but I feel now, I have wasted a lot.

So bottom line is, shear desperateness. I don't want to let her go just for few rupees, as the market value has gone down so much. If I get a good hand who can take care of her, I shall continue holding her by paying him and for the FC.

If not, still I Am going ahead with the FC and then see how she rides me, may be if I find someone, I will go with it or Sell and Look for an alternative.

That was not short, I know.[clap][frustration]

Oh Sir,If I were you,I will be pissed off !! Yup You have wasted alot Real Bad !! Cuz you cannot get Original Parts for the Lancer.BTW did you go to Mitsubishi A.S.S and Check it ?? Ofcourse everything is costlier but it is well worth and Much more reliable.Lancer is a Great Car.The Poll I said was an Option to Keep her or sell her off.If you are in so much love,Why can't you get another lancer Sir ? Thank you

Last edited:

Can you tell me what does this mean exactly?

Ok, all 4L did not go for maintenance. Let me narrate my expenses as short as I can.

If not, still I Am going ahead with the FC and then see how she rides me, may be if I find someone, I will go with it or Sell and Look for an alternative.

That was not short, I know.[clap][frustration]
Mariner1987 @

problem is not with the car but these stupid workshop guys just looting you.

Since you spend these much money on this car and there is not much engine or body issues try to keep the car atleast for another 2 years. utilize the car well and keep a strict diet on spending money on the car. When you sell the car you do remove all the extra fittings done, so that you could save atleast that money.

Another option is look for another used lancer which doesnt aged more than 5/6 years old and less run. You can move all your extra fittings to new car and sell the old one.

First of all identify a good mechanic with the help of Chennai TAIians. Whenever they mention for a major work or expenses more than rs.2500 get different opinions and do only after that. Also open an ownership report in TAI and mention it. We will help you.

I dont think there is so much amount need to spend for the Fitness test and registeration renewal, because you already done the painting and all the maintenance. Check for a good RTO consultant (I mean get a quote for this from atleaset 3 consultants and give for the better one) and do the FC. You should have to pay the road tax also i guess.

BTW how much km / year you used your car and what is your yearly run? Wish you all the best with your beloved car.

Last edited:
lancer diesel engine noise

Hi all..
I drive a mitsubishi lancer lxd diesel 2006 model . recently I replaced the water pump with a new one. but since then my engine became very noisy. like this normal starting sound and running is different from the previous silent (quite silent for an old diesel) running. its coming from the water pump area. I doubt there is some issues happened while replacing the water pump or some mishandling happened. guys I need your suggestions on this. What can be the cause.

Hi All,
Am owning Lancer 2002 model which shows 245000 in odo.
Its really a great car to travel with.
The top speed that i touched is 160kmph i didnt face any vibration or any weird sound, the only problem that am facing is air passing in through doors during high speeds.
Any solutions to get rid of it?

Hi All
Am owning 2002 Lancer diesel which has run 245000 in odo.
Recently i drove from Bangalore to Chennai highway where i touched 160kmph where i didnt face any vibrations or any weird sound but the only problem i faced is air passing in the cabin during high speed.. Any solutions to rectify this problem

Top Bottom