Mitsubishi Lancer SLXi (Limited Edition)

Thread Starter #1
Well, as I've introduced, I'm a Fashion Photographer and was looking for a sedan so i could use it on shoots. Traveling on bike with all the equipment is difficult! So, after reading a lot I shortlisted Accent, Old Honda City, Lancer! Found and liked 2 Accents but missed them by mere half an hour's difference. They got sold in front of my eyes! Maybe it was my destiny to get my dream car 'Lancer'. I've always been a fan of the Lancer, its a legendary car! So anyways, found a few Lancers in Pune, visited and finally got a perfect one for me! Its a 2002 Lancer LE SLXi. Came with Chrome Alloys, wide tyres, sound system with woofer and amp. Had some minor works to be done like changing brake pads, etc.. The problem was, it was Sea Forest Green in color. I've always wanted a Black car! Since I got the car for pretty reasonable price, I thought why not spend a bit extra and get it done as per my requirements! Since it was a garage owner's car, I bought it from him and as soon as I paid him, asked him to keep the car there and start the work immediately! Below is what all I asked him to put on his worksheet:

1) Color to Black Magic (gets dark greenish specular in sun) and changing on registration while transfer.
2) Alloy wheels paint to smoked silver.
3) Brake shoes and Iridium spark plugs.
4) Sports steering, White pilot and head lights, Sports metal pedals, sports gear knob.
5) Interiors cleaning, Changing interior roof lights to white LED.
6) Other accessories. LED Strip for under dashboard and boot lighting.

Here are a few pics of the car before i bought it:

apicture_9538.jpg

apicture_9909.jpg

apicture_9910.jpg

And this is how it looks now :)

aDSC_7720.jpg

aDSC_7723.jpg

aDSC_7724.jpg

DSC_7734.jpg

DSC_7737.jpg

Will keep on posting more pics as I keep upgrading the car ;) Need to add better amp and air filter, seat covers, and many more items!

Have fun people!

AMG

Suspended
I just dont get it.

Why have you spent so much on a sporty steering wheel and a gear lever, when you do not plan any sports mods at all?

BTW, how much dod you pay for it?

@The PunisheR
You have transformed your car just like a new one. Seems you repainted it. How much was the cost for all these modifications?

350Z

Core Team
This is going to be another fantastic thread. The modifications on cars like Lancer always fascinate me. Nice choice of opting the black colour and those alloy wheels are a looker too. Please share the overall costs incurred to restore the car and upload more pictures as well. How much has the car clocked up till now?

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #8
I just dont get it.

Why have you spent so much on a sporty steering wheel and a gear lever, when you do not plan any sports mods at all?

BTW, how much dod you pay for it?
It gives a very nice feeling from inside :D Paid around 2000/- for the steering and 900/- for the gear knob. Wanna keep the car classy from the outside hence no sporty spoiler or graphics! Wide tyres n alloys with stock body give a very strong look to the car.

wow! looks fab mate! keep it up. any plans for bodykit or related?
@The PunisheR
You have transformed your car just like a new one. Seems you repainted it. How much was the cost for all these modifications?
25k for the paintjob and including all other things total 50k (with paint)

This is going to be another fantastic thread. The modifications on cars like Lancer always fascinate me. Nice choice of opting the black colour and those alloy wheels are a looker too. Please share the overall costs incurred to restore the car and upload more pictures as well. How much has the car clocked up till now?

Drive Safe,
350Z
Thanks :) Car has run around 80k. Black is always very rich, intimidating and classy! Total spent till now around 50k (got the car for 2L)

Nice car must say . BTW what are those in your last photograph ? Are they gauges ( 2 cylindrical items on right top corner , above the steering wheel.) what do they show ?

congrats for lancer! its very nicely modified and thank god that he saved you from buyin accent or anything else! [clap] you got car for ok price but mileage done is high..

Thread Starter #11
Nice car must say . BTW what are those in your last photograph ? Are they gauges ( 2 cylindrical items on right top corner , above the steering wheel.) what do they show ?
Yes, they're gauges, shows RPM and Turbo boost. Don't work, just lit up.

congrats for lancer! its very nicely modified and thank god that he saved you from buyin accent or anything else! [clap] you got car for ok price but mileage done is high..
True that! I guess mileage doesnt matter much in japanese cars, heard their engines last really long..

Brings back my lancer !
Only if i was filty rich enough to fill them , i would not have let her go.
damn , i miss her every day! the attention she gave , people turning to my car , damn it was awesome!

Thread Starter #15
Alright! Serviced the car. Changed the Engine oil from normal to Fully Synthetic Castrol Magnatec 5w40. Couldn't find Mobil1 in Pune. So anyways, the ride quality is awesome! Could feel the difference! Engine is smooth as butter, better mileage too. Installed interior LEDs, pics coming soon :D Going for a long drive with family to Ooty!

Top Bottom