Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VII Test Drive

Thread Starter #1
One of my friends bought a used Lancer Evo 7

Specs: 2 Litre turbo (Intercooled Top Mount)
Transmission: 5 speed manual
Drivetrain: All wheel drive
Brakes: Brembo brakes
Tyre: BBS alloys 18" wrapped in Michelin Rubber

The car was fully stock,nothing aftermarket except the muffler, TEIN coilovers and the Sony headunit.

Ride Quality

The Ride as you expect bit bumpy because of stiff suspension it has. The car has the grudge of the turbo and the exhaust is bit loud too.
Recaro seats - Not so comfortable

Performance

The car features a Turbo charged 2 Litre standard engine that has about 165 Kilowatts distributed to the 4 wheels of the car using a Manual transmission. 0-100 KMPH is quiet fast it is somewhere between 5-6 seconds. 1st gear goes upto 60 KMPH and I must say 2nd gear carrys a lot of potential and that takes the car to astonishing 110 kmph with no problems.

The engine it has is a high revving engine means if your driving the car slower at about 60 kmph , you cannot use the 4th gear it starts to stall.

Handling

All wheel drive system in the car is the highlight of the car. The car is so quick on the corners that you don't have to worry about slowing doing at sharp bends the car just cuts through the edges.
Car has three modes in it Tarmac, Gravel and snow.
Traction control works accordingly with different values so be wise when you chose one.
I would give 9 out of 10 for handling , I can say one of the finest rides I have ever driven.

Mileage

2 Litre engine turbo, you must be thinking its just 2 litre and must be economical. I will say it depends.

If you push the car harder and kick in the turbo whilest on the road this thing is going to drink the juice like a v8 beast.

Drawbacks:

-Bumpy ride
-Interior isn't that great
-Turning circle is big (unless you drift like a pro)
-Steering is bit heavy (compared to my skyline )
-Stalls at 4th-5th gear and seems bit underpowered at some stages

Attachments

Last edited:
Thread Starter #4
Well Ashan picked it up for about 18000 Australian dollars which include Road worthy certificate and Registration for next 6 months.

The car has not been even cleaned.

This friend of ours had Mazda Rx8 , Nissan skyline V35 sedan, Toyota Chaser , BMW 320ci and now he got Evolution 7.

I have test ride Mazda Rx8 in the past my other mate still got it. Should post a review.

I had toyota chaser and skyline r33 both turbo rear wheel drive cars and have the reviews done already for them.

I am selling mine Mitsubishi magna , and after that I will get something different.
can't wait now

@ codename47 will your friend be making any mods to the car? I feel changing the intercooler from top mounted to front mounted will help alot that is if he wants to up the power like those FQ400

@Codename:
Congrats to you and your friend..
Having driven this car a lot(in NFS Most wanted:biggrin:)This car has made me remember my NFS Most wanted days..I used to drive only Lancer EVO in that game and make a lot of long pursuits...here are even some pics I have taken in the game(You people may be knowing about the FRAPS software):-

Attachments

Thread Starter #11
It was my mate's car

he is changing the wheels , the stock ones are BBS wheels

Front mount Intercooler.. not sure about that man ,its quiet a big job

Only one mod in an engine is allowed in Australia LEGALLY

@ The Xover, nope its not mine I am not a big fan of Evo's nor a WRX guy. I don't have anyone of those. I had a Nissan skyline R33 Series II and a Toyota Chaser jzx100 TRD editions and sold this year .

350Z

Core Team
Congrats! That’s an awesome piece of machine. Yellow looks well and with some modifications it will be truly an enthusiast’s delight. I like the way it is in stock condition. More pictures are always welcome. Also post a review of RX8, that’s another car which I really admire but have heard a lot about its drinking habits though.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom