Mitsubishi Cedia Sports Road Test Drive Review

Thread Starter #16
Thanks Archit, Dhaya & Neil!

Yes. This car is better than any car in this segment in terms of handling!

Take this for a out-run & you just leave the dust for others.

Never knew that HC is faster than the Cedia. Never had a chance to get behind the wheels of the Lancer Cedia.
Yes,the Honda city vtec sports 117 BHP 1.5 liter engine where as the cedia sports 116 BHP 2.0 liter engine.

Plus the Honda City is on a lighter side,sports vtec technology & therefore definitely quicker than the cedia.

if the city is faster than the cedia, then the civic will blow it away with 130 horses? LOL
or even the 2.0 ltr Civic can blow it away with 155 horses!
this car is a slouch! But Zinam doesnt say it!

if the city is faster than the cedia, then the civic will blow it away with 130 horses? LOL
Yes the 1.8 liter engined Indian spec civic will blow away the cedia,even the 2.0 liter civic will leave it to dust.If Mitsubishi had offered the ralliart engines on the cedia like in other countries it would have been as fast as the Laura Petrol [lol]

But no car can be compared to the handling characteristics of the cedia,the chassis is the same as that of Lancer Evolution IX in fact these Lancers & cedia's can be converted to Evolution 4,5,8 & 9. They are actually running successfully here in India.(The converted one's) [:D]

Nice report.[:)]
This is one of my favourite also on-road.

@Zinam, you mentioned that the steering is light, so how its handling is 5/5, specially on highways/high speed?

nice report by TAI! cedia is a great car but IMO it has been pulled away due to collabration with Hindustan Motors, if Mitsu was with some other brand in India they could have performed well in market. bad times for mitsubishi in india, earlier with M&M and now with HM! there is never a big hype in country when Mitsubishi cars launches unlike Hondas and Toyotas.

@RSM, light steering is great for cities, hence a great handling as well.

Thread Starter #25
Hey Archit!! Horses doesn't only count for making a complete car.

Cedia is never a slouch, it can outperform city in any Canyon Drifts [thumbsup]

Nice report.[:)]
This is one of my favourite also on-road.

@Zinam, you mentioned that the steering is light, so how its handling is 5/5, specially on highways/high speed?
Thanks RSM!

Well, the steering is just top class, very light, but stiff & precise in high speeds

350Z

Core Team
Thanks Akash & Aditya!

Credits equally goes to vibhor for presenting the content here.

Thanks 350Z.
You are welcome!!
The credit does of course go to both of you!!

Returning to the car ... lap belts only for the rear middle passenger? That is a bit of a let-down.
And for a steering wheel with DAB packaged it, it is really really good looking ... one of the sportiest I have seen!!
Our all Road Test Reports are a team effort. So it won't be fair to give credit to specific person, It all goes to The Automotive India which is made by you, the members! :smile:

Hey great work again Zinam and 350Z. I always loved the Cedia for its sporty nature. You have made me know more about this car now. The car is really sporty indeed. But what disappointed me is the Interiors and a rather ordinary looking instrument console. Otherwise this car is really cool with OZ alloys which comes as standard in sports along with Kenwood touch screen and Momo steering wheels! A good pick for performance enthusiasts!! If they had a better dealership network then they surely have a winner in their hands which is truly worth its price tag.
Absolutely. The features which Lancer Cedia offers are irresistible for any automobile enthusiast, Especially youngsters who are inspired by rallies. Also, The Rs.9.90 Lakhs is neither to less nor to more in comparison with other models in segment and Hindustan Motor’s “One Country, One Price” scheme attracts many. The only part where this car disappoints is the weak dealership network and After Sales & Service. Mitsubishi have some nice, feature rich products in India but they are being slowly killed due to their poor marketing and less attention towards customer service.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Re: Mitsubishi Lancer Cedia 'Sports' Road Tested

Good review, My small suggestion is "please add a few more pictures of the interiors like the dashboard, map reading lights, plastic parts like switches & stalks etc"

I too never knew that Honda City is faster than Cedia! Now I am wiser [;)]

350Z

Core Team
Re: Mitsubishi Lancer Cedia 'Sports' Road Tested

I too never knew that Honda City is faster than Cedia! Now I am wiser
Honda City might be quicker but Cedia is in a different league if it comes to the overall driving pleasure which isn’t comprised by top speed or 0 to 100 figures alone.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom