Mitsubishi Cedia Sports Ownership Review

Any idea what is the cost of K&N filter for Cedia ? & will it make a considerable difference to my current mileage? i seek your personal experience.
11 - 14 is a good mileage as I get only 8 - 11 that too without AC. No point in investing now to make it lighter as it is quite old now. Need to find ways with very minimal spend now with optimum output. Anyways next year I am planning to sell it off & buy a new mini SUV type..

Airfilter from K&N or BMC stock replacements are perfect. You can get K&N from almost all the car accessories shop. BMC filter from few shops. I found both are of same effect (stock replacements).

Mileage - 11 - 14. I reduced the car weight considerably lower by changing the stock alloy wheels & struts. Getting good timing belt also matters.

- Rajiv
Thanks Rajiv. Any idea what would be the cost of these 2 filters & will it have an impact on my current mileage of 9 - 11 ( without AC ) ?

Hi Rajiv & Deepforezt - are you able to see my replies posted on 14th Nov ? For some reason I am unable to see..
i do have some issues regarding messages disappearing and at times i can't see the thread either. anyway regarding mileage i do get between 9-10 in the city with the A/C on. used to get more but since i upgraded to a 16" 205 55 it has come down. and i believe my stock alloys were much lighter than the current one.
in terms of air filter i don't think it is going to improve your FE to a noticeable level. it will probably have a slight effect. the stock one comes with the cedia is good. but if you are going with K&N then make sure you install a custom made pipe at least, for maximum cold air intake.

ok, so I think there is no much improvement in FE which I was assuming if I go for K&N. I think I should go for Stock one from Authorized service center. But when I called & checked with them, they say it will cost around 4k...

Rajiv - how did you manage to get 14 on highways ? any expert advice for me plz...

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Guys - a small update on price of Stock Airfilter. Today I called up & spoke with Spare parts manager & he told the price of new Airfilter is Rs 750/- but not available. May be in next month Dec. But I cannot wait until then as I have plans to go for long in Dec end..

Hi Deepforetz, I checked in both Online sites you mentioned to procure Airfilter. Both of them do not have the normal ones. Not even with authorized service center in Bangalore. I wonder Cedia has become so rare now that basic Airfilter is so difficult to get...

well cedia has become an endangered species. i was under the impression that cedia has more presence towards the south side and less here in north. its very hard to find spares of this beauty. why don't you just take the filter out and show it to the spare parts shop. i can't believe banglore doesnt have any shop that don't have these parts in stock. bangalore, kerala and coimbatore/chennai had most amount of cedia in circulation. recently i needed linkers and steering end. when i enquired nobody had it and people doesnt even know a car like this exists. but i took the parts out and then showed it to the shop and they finally found it from their old stock.

anyone of you heard about the cedia ralliart edition. was this model available in india or ever got released in india. the normal one we all have is the 2.0 L 115bhp detuned version. the other one was 162 BHP. just wondering whether anyone of you have used it or heard about it being released in india. everyone i know got the normal one.

Hi Guys - a small update on price of Stock Airfilter. Today I called up & spoke with Spare parts manager & he told the price of new Airfilter is Rs 750/- but not available. May be in next month Dec. But I cannot wait until then as I have plans to go for long in Dec end..
I am also seeking for air filter for my cedia
Suggest me
Pickup of my car is reduced after servicing at
and milege is also dropped to 8-9kmpl eatlier it was 13-14

I am also seeking for air filter for my cedia
Suggest me
Pickup of my car is reduced after servicing at
and milege is also dropped to 8-9kmpl eatlier it was 13-14
How much kms on the odometer? If its around 1Lakh kms then get injectors cleaned.
I dont know why there is difficulty in the south to procure the air filter. I own a Lancer petrol and I guess airfilter for both Cedia and Petrol lancer are the same.

I had good experience sourcing parts from boodmo and spareshub
The Cedia engine is 4G94 for reference to order parts.
If looking for parts on ebay it would help searching for Lancer ES or Lancer LS

Last edited:
Mates I know it has been almost 3 years this was last discussed, but I also own a Cedia and I need new timing belt/timing kit for the 4G94 engine. Can anyone help me with the right link on boodmo/spares hub. seems its more than 10000 rs and not sure if it is the compatible part as well

Top Bottom