Mitsubishi Cedia 2006 Timing Belt

Thread Starter #1
Hi,

I have a 2006 Mitsubishi Cedia Petrol (2.0 L 4G94 Engine). The car is a charm to drive and though I have to work really hard to find spares, I don't plan to sell it off . The car has done 90000 kms as I rarely use it in the city, it has never had a timing belt change because my mechanic kept insisting it does not need one as Mitsubishi parts last long. I am not willing to risk it any more and suffer bent valves on such a great engine, hence want to change the timing belt, have a couple of questions around it:

1. Can I still get OEM timing belt/timing kit from Mitsubishi, if yes, where? I am currently in Chandigarh. Also need help to identify OEM spares against fake replicas.
2. Should I replace only the timing belt or also the pulleys and water pump. My mechanic says it is better to carry on with OEM parts that came with the car as third party spares do not match the same quality, hence leave the pump & pulleys as they are causing no issues and the mileage is not too much , it is just that the stuff close to 15 years old!

Last edited:

350Z

Core Team
1. Can I still get OEM timing belt/timing kit from Mitsubishi, if yes, where? I am currently in Chandigarh. Also need help to identify OEM spares against fake replicas.
Hi there. Our fellow team member @Iron Rock owns a couple of Mitsubishis. Perhaps he might have some references. Let me ping him to check.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thanks Vibhor - There are two sources to buying - i either procure from www.amayama.com or order it from a trusted dealer in Delhi - let me PM you his contacts
On 2 better replace the belts and pulleys - pump you can continue to use as long as it works fine - keep an eye for overheating

Thread Starter #5
Hi Guys,

I got belts and tensioner from JMD auto as per your suggestion, the belts were good and a perfect match for my cedia. The tensioner was unfortunately from a newer cedia sports, while mine is old, so I had to return it and waiting for the new one. The old tensioner is doing the duties for a week or so, but would be replaced soon. Over all the car is doing fine.

I must say Yash is a really cool guy and there was no fuss getting or returning parts to him. Thanks very much for your help, will update further once the new tensioner has gone in as well!

Thread Starter #6
Hi Guys, received the new tensioner last week and replaced it, attached pictures of the old and new one in case any other Cedia owners are interested. This one is from a 2006 model. Over all, got the job done in under 10k including parts (timing belt + power steering belt + alternator belt + tensioner) and labour, Mitsubishi dealership were asking for a whopping 22000 for the same. Thanks once again.

Attachments

Hi Guys,

I got belts and tensioner from JMD auto as per your suggestion, the belts were good and a perfect match for my cedia. The tensioner was unfortunately from a newer cedia sports, while mine is old, so I had to return it and waiting for the new one. The old tensioner is doing the duties for a week or so, but would be replaced soon. Over all the car is doing fine.

I must say Yash is a really cool guy and there was no fuss getting or returning parts to him. Thanks very much for your help, will update further once the new tensioner has gone in as well!
Hi Anshuldev,

I am really glad to see your message which is so recent. I am also a proud owner of the Cedia, bought in 2010. Having completed 1 lakh kms, i am planning to replace the timing belt, the original clutch as well as the steering box (which has a leak though it has been fixed). Since you replaced the belt recently, i just wanted to know if these parts were original and which is the best place to get these parts. Would appreciate the help.

Thank You
Shyam

Top Bottom