Misty visit to a controversial valley!

Thread Starter #1
Residing in a city surrounded by innumerable places to relax has its own psychological advantage. I am fortunate to be in one such place.

Last weekend as soon as first rains hit the city, 4 of us decided to make a day trip to Lavasa, the land of controversies. It was not our first time and will obviously would not be the last. But being at the place in Monsoon has the charm of its own. The roads, the approach, views from the top of Ekaant resort is breathtaking. I have heard the story so many times that it was this location from where the idea of planning this first hill station after Independence came up.

Here are some of the pics taken en route. Hope you guys enjoy them. Dont mind the quality as a point and shoot has been used [cry]

IMG_7419.jpg

IMG_7428.jpg

IMG_7430.jpg

IMG_7448.jpg

IMG_7451.jpg

IMG_7453.jpg

IMG_7498.jpg

IMG_7525.jpg

IMG_7468.jpg

IMG_7486.jpg

IMG_7502.jpg

IMG_7534.jpg

@Thetraveller: Nice pics.
How far its from Pune.
What are the specialities of this place.
I think your wiper needs a replacement.

Thread Starter #3
Its just 45 kms from Pune. An hour and a half drive! If in Pune it is a must visit. There are good views, a venice-look alike street with water body on one side and shops named with animal names on the other. There is an adventure park as well.

Yeah wiper needs new rubber, you got it[:)]

Hey nice pictures buddy , another place added to my must visit list in north India. What an awesome experience it must have been , driving down hilly roads during the monsoon!

Sorry for going OT but change your wiper blades soon else it will make scratches on your windscreen too.

Ha ha but for me anything above AP and KL i consider to be North India!:stupid:
+1, for anybody who is travelling from south is that he is heading North ! [clap]

Pictures are Nice and so is the place, How far is it from pune ? Last week I was at Lonavala and the place looked something similar too, Sorry for bad pictures ,taken from mobile !

Attachments

Last edited:
Nice pics man. Even I have visited Lavasa quite a few times. Apart from the beauty of Lavasa, the drive till Lavasa is also quite picturesque. Also the road is ideal for sporty driving with a blend of corners as well as nice roads on which you can hit high speeds.

That was amazing pics.. keep it up dude..

Residing in a city surrounded by innumerable places to relax has its own psychological advantage. I am fortunate to be in one such place.

Last weekend as soon as first rains hit the city, 4 of us decided to make a day trip to Lavasa, the land of controversies. It was not our first time and will obviously would not be the last. But being at the place in Monsoon has the charm of its own. The roads, the approach, views from the top of Ekaant resort is breathtaking. I have heard the story so many times that it was this location from where the idea of planning this first hill station after Independence came up.

Here are some of the pics taken en route. Hope you guys enjoy them. Dont mind the quality as a point and shoot has been used [cry]

View attachment 21917

View attachment 21918

View attachment 21919

View attachment 21920

View attachment 21921

View attachment 21922

View attachment 21923

View attachment 21924

View attachment 21925

View attachment 21926

View attachment 21927

View attachment 21928

Thread Starter #10
Nice pics man. Even I have visited Lavasa quite a few times. Apart from the beauty of Lavasa, the drive till Lavasa is also quite picturesque. Also the road is ideal for sporty driving with a blend of corners as well as nice roads on which you can hit high speeds.
+1 - We drive down to Lavasa because of the driving thrill. It is an awesome drive with no or less crowd on the roads. Mind you always keep in the speed limits [;)]

...Sorry for going OT but change your wiper blades soon else it will make scratches on your windscreen too.
Thanks Dhaya. Yes car is in servicing and will get new blades[glasses] Anyway it is my friends car!

350Z

Core Team
Exactly opposite to the busy life of Mumbai, I find its nearby locations to be calm and peaceful. I’ll make sure to pay a visit to Lavasa, next time I’m around that place. Have heard some nice things about Ganpatipule too. Great pictures! Do post if you have more.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Excellent location and breath taking pics Traveller! You really should have had a nice time out there!

thanks for a visual treat![clap]

Thread Starter #14
BTW wanted to ask , why is this place controversial?
It seems it has violated some of the environmental rules, and the construction is stopped altogether completely. MOEF (Ministry of Environment) has asked Govt to put a stay order and social activists like Medha Patkar are asking for demolition of controversial buildings in the city.

Once you are there, you will see how the construction and the city is planned. There are bungalows on the hill tops overlooking the valley. I am sure some amount of natural destruction would have happened for sure.

@HoLySaTan - thanks!

Top Bottom