Mileage Drop - Tata Indigo CS TDI

i think with ac its ok i am getting without ac 19-10 and some time 14-15 with same driving style i am going for nozzle cleaning on Sunday
but mechanic says if we reduce fuel from pump then i have to suffer with low pickup

My 2005 Indigo gives about 15-16.5 kmpl in Delhi. 20% highway runs, 60% heavy dense traffic with A.C. I'm satisfied with the efficiency i get.

Try System-D. I regularly use System-D, clean my Air filter every 3 months.

got the system-d and change the fuel station now getting average 20-21 on highways [drive]
i am happy with the mileage. But if i go over 100kmph for 10-15mins, average drops, otherwise driving around 70-80kmph@2100rpm gives the best possible figures of mileage, performance, overtaking and a relaxing journey.

Hey man, Even the same problem has cropped up in my Fiesta diesel which has run 120000 kms n d is almost 9 years old. Don't no the problem. I guess cleaning injectors might help.Tyres are maintained perfectly and kept at the right pressure. Don't no what's wrong.

you can get it from engine oil shops or some petrol pumps also sell these products
250ml bottle cost me 240 in my city and you have to fill 1ml for 1liter diesel

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for your help man. Will try it out and let you know. But how does this help in cleaning injectors? My Fiesta when new and filled up to the brim usually gives me a range of 850 to 900 kms though now it's only around 650 kms. The car doesn't leave smoke and emissions are under control. Any other thing must have gone wrong?

always maintain recommended air pressure in Tyre
try to change filling station
go for throttle body cleaning and maf sensor cleaning
try to change diesel filter and clean air filter
use system-d and don't drive the car above 2200-2300 rpm (70-80kmpl)
worn clutch can drop your mileage also

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey man, Thanks for your help. First will try with System-D and cleaning the injectors and replacing the filters and will chamge the filling station and will see if there's an improvement. Will keep you updated.

Thread Starter #29
hi guys. I recently changed all the 3 glow plugs of my cars(TATA INDIGO CS LS TDI-2008). While removing the forth one it got broken. The car is perfectly fine but i still want the forth(broken) glow plug to be replaced. Is it a hectic job to remove it. How much it might cost to remove.
Or shall i continue with 3-inform glow plugs. Please help.

hi guys. I recently changed all the 3 glow plugs of my cars(TATA INDIGO CS LS TDI-2008). While removing the forth one it got broken. The car is perfectly fine but i still want the forth(broken) glow plug to be replaced. Is it a hectic job to remove it. How much it might cost to remove.
Or shall i continue with 3-inform glow plugs. Please help.
Hey Rahul, After a long it's great to see you back. I suggest you send your vehicle to the service centre and get it replaced immediately as the glow plugs are one of the main components which helps your vehicle to come to life. In case of a cold start you may be left stranded as these glow plugs are the one which heat the fuel to optimum temperature for firing up the car. Please get it replaced.

Last edited:

Top Bottom