Mid-High Segment Hatchback : Need Buying Advice

Thread Starter #16
Sorry to add to the confusion , but why have you left out i20Magna? Its looking good , classy interiors , good comfort , rear seat a bit cramped though. FE is good enough and IMO looks good too. TD this too! i20 satisfies all your top 5 priorities. The only disadvantage is its high dashboard , so driving it needs a little getting used too!
Hyundai i20 Magna is a good choice. I loved it for all what you have listed. But had to shy away.

I did not opt for the following reasons:

1. 5.6 Lacs with the Accessories I need is above my budget !!
  2. Same 1.2L Kappa2 Engine on a heavier car (by 200 kgs approx) makes it a bit sluggish & under-powered (agree it is debatable)
  3. Didnot find VFM for the Steep Price

Yes the Magna variant may not be that VFM when compared to the i10 or Figo. If budget is a constraint then go ahead with i10. I heard petrol Figo is a bit sluggish. And i don think for your running you need a diesel car.

But performance of i20 , initial 1st and 2nd gears its even slower than a diesel car but after that from third gear its a rocket! From third gear or 40kmph it can reach upto 120kmph in 5th gear in no time!

Last edited:
Thread Starter #18
Yes the Magna variant may not be that VFM when compared to the i10 or Figo. If budget is a constraint then go ahead with i10. I heard petrol Figo is a bit sluggish. And i don think for your running you need a diesel car.

But performance of i20 , initial 1st and 2nd gears its even slower than a diesel car but after that from third gear its a rocket! From third gear or 40kmph it can reach upto 120kmph in 5th gear in no time!
Yup agree with your opinion on Figo. For Figo mileage is the biggest concern for me.

For City Drive, i20 may not be good as per the point mentioned by you. How many times you can get from 40 to 120 in city traffic is a real doubt !! [confused]

So going for the i10!! [:D]

Yes i20 can be pretty sluggish in city conditions.

i10 too is a good choice if the car is going to be driven in the city only most of the times. What color have you decided?

Thread Starter #20
Yes i20 can be pretty sluggish in city conditions.

i10 too is a good choice if the car is going to be driven in the city only most of the times. What color have you decided?
I am to opt for Champagne Gold (decided by family) !!

Not to eye catchy, but a sober colour I guess [:)]

Top Bottom