Michelin XM1+ Tyres Life Ended Short

Thread Starter #1
Hi, I fitted my ikon new sets of Michelin 185/65 R14 tyres on 60,000 kms around a year and half back. Now i ran 82000 kms. Last week i serviced the vechile and when i done 3d wheel alignment and balancing ,they said the tyres are weak

Reason :Air prone or something,he said in tamil .

He said I needed to change my tyres. I bought the tyres in authorized Michelin dealers in Namakkal(My Hometown) .

I need advice from you guyz. Should it have any warranty or somekinda claim as the threads are almost fine and look like they can run a lot.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
From the pics they look fine. Unless the guy pointed a particular section of the tyre, I don't see anything wrong. Although XM1+ are a soft compound tires that enhance the riding comfort but have a shorter life span. But, 22000 is just too short. I'd suggest you to take it to another tyre shop for an advice.

freakdude.

The tires look fine to me. To me they appear as if they can go without any trouble for 10k kms more. Are you facing any kind of issues like Air loss or cracks? If not, then i dont find any reason to swap the rubber.

Thread Starter #4
i feel completely fine with the tyres. but when i took it to the tyre alignment shop to do 3d wheel alignment, the guy said the tyres are weak and you need to change all the four tyres!(not just one)!

thanks for the advice. i will take it to another shop and get another check with the tyres quality. cheers

Hi , the tyre treads looks good to me. XM1+ never run out in 22000 Kms so unless there is any particular damage to any tyre you should do fine.
Mine are XM energy and still going strong at 32000 kms. Have them checked at another tyre shop for confirmation.

i feel completely fine with the tyres. but when i took it to the tyre alignment shop to do 3d wheel alignment, the guy said the tyres are weak and you need to change all the four tyres!(not just one)!

thanks for the advice. i will take it to another shop and get another check with the tyres quality. cheers
please share the details in tamil which we could try to translate.
BTW What about warranty?

Thread Starter #8
In Tamil the guy said " kaathu(air) vaangididchu( prone) ?

The shop is a Bridgestone select superstore http://www.parimalamtyres.com/index.html.

I asked for 3d wheel alignment and balancing. But he said the tyres are weak so alignment is waste and he done only balancing for the wheels and charged me 400 rupees! I got receipt for it!!

maybe he is jealous of Michelin and wanted me to buy new bridgestone tyres from his shop? [surprise]

please share the details in tamil which we could try to translate.
BTW What about warranty?

Last edited:
Please excuse me if my question seems stupid. One of my rear tyre (19000 KM, one and half year old, Michelin XM1+) had all of a sudden gone flat two days earlier. Although it has more than plenty of rubber left and is the first time I found a puncture in it, the tyre repair guy detected not one but four leaks on it. Although they have been repaired, shall I see that the performance of the tyre has been affected? How many leaks may a tubeless tyre withstand? I have inspected the tyre and the sidewall is in good condition.
Sorry if my question has been discussed elsewhere.

Please excuse me if my question seems stupid. One of my rear tyre (19000 KM, one and half year old, Michelin XM1+) had all of a sudden gone flat two days earlier. Although it has more than plenty of rubber left and is the first time I found a puncture in it, the tyre repair guy detected not one but four leaks on it. Although they have been repaired, shall I see that the performance of the tyre has been affected? How many leaks may a tubeless tyre withstand? I have inspected the tyre and the sidewall is in good condition.
Sorry if my question has been discussed elsewhere.
If the punctures are small ones (and not gashes) or have not damaged the tyre in any way, then there should not be a problem in using them. Please see that the repair work has been done properly and in reality you would not be able to differentiate between the tyres while driving.

Top Bottom