MG Hector: MG Motors India First SUV

Well though I am not a big fan of these cars, yes Chinese have indeed come a long way and are number one in manufacturing in the world. What I hate about them is they simply copy and mass produce. They are highly patriotic (may be forced) that is why everyone is wary about their products. Don't know even of the talking hector is sending data back to china. but looking at Xiaomi the way they have captured the phone market, the TV market in India SIAC may well have struck the right cords with Indians.

More than Hector I want to bash Tata more here. SIAC have very very cleverly used the British Marque and have position hector as a true blood British car which it isn't. Tata should have used the brand Rover for Harrier but they have stuck to Tata, Tatas have definitely missed the hyper growth curve here. And have to bash them left right and center for this. Why the hell they can use the brand rover, come up with new space, premium brand, when MG can do it when kia can do it when nexa can happen, why can they use it. Personally I feel rover is still a good brand name. Why can the Tatas use it. Why is their management sleeping on this brand?

Well though I am not a big fan of these cars, yes Chinese have indeed come a long way and are number one in manufacturing in the world. What I hate about them is they simply copy and mass produce. They are highly patriotic (may be forced) that is why everyone is wary about their products. Don't know even of the talking hector is sending data back to china. but looking at Xiaomi the way they have captured the phone market, the TV market in India SIAC may well have struck the right cords with Indians.

More than Hector I want to bash Tata more here. SIAC have very very cleverly used the British Marque and have position hector as a true blood British car which it isn't. Tata should have used the brand Rover for Harrier but they have stuck to Tata, Tatas have definitely missed the hyper growth curve here. And have to bash them left right and center for this. Why the hell they can use the brand rover, come up with new space, premium brand, when MG can do it when kia can do it when nexa can happen, why can they use it. Personally I feel rover is still a good brand name. Why can the Tatas use it. Why is their management sleeping on this brand?
They are not even caring for elevate tata brand image.
They should have redesigned the emblem and marketed the brand. (See how MG from 0 , now i think indians considering it as midrange premium british brand)
During tiago days they tried to elevate brand tata. Tagline i was love with: "made of great" and tatamotors written in black color.
But im happy Atleast they are bringing good engineered cars that though is elevating brand image but not markedly.
In my view , tata should now concentrate on:
1. Improving plastic quality and fit and finish levels to hyundai standards ( with arrival of kia and new manufacturers from next year onwards market will move towards those cars undoubtedly)
2. More features also and multiple variants at launch itself. No point in adding AT and features in a dead car. If car doesnt have modern features at launch itself people wont look back at that car. Common people needs mileage, features , design and attention to detail in designs (especially in interiors).
3. Redesigning tata emblem and a very good marketing.(By looking side to side MG and TATA emblem , MG definetly looks upwarket, premium).
Last proper marketing from tata seen during tiago launch.
4. Introduce Rover brand in 15 to 35 lakhs bracket. This could provide economies of scale to tata with omega platform. Rover brand should be like new age peugeot cars

What Tata did was right they built Harrier in Tata Badge but I feel they should have used strategy of Maruti calling their cars premium under Nexa. This would have pulled more legs into their premium showroom.

Top Bottom