MG Hector Caught Fire In Delhi, Owner Issues Statement About Truth

Thread Starter #1

Nairrk

Honoured Member
5-_ocvalo98.jpg

A few days ago, a video emerged on Youtube showing a Hector engulfed in flame sent shockwaves to the enthusiasts and owners alike. The dramatic scenes were caught on camera in Delhi at the LG House road. The burnt Hector appears to be the top-spec petrol DCT variant in Aurora Silver paint scheme.

Clearing the air, MG Motor was quick to react and investigate the causes of the incident. This resulted in the owner releasing an official statement as he appreciated the brand for reaching out to hime and proactively seeking the problem that resulted in the dramatic turn of events on January 20. He also stressed that everyone involved in the fire accident were safe.

Electrical issues cause sudden fires in several cases and they will be too late to put out before quickly attended by the owner and thus any modifications to your new car of any kind should be done carefully.

Read:

Well, I feel here, MG seems to be arm twisting the buyer. this buyer buys a top of the line Hector pays 20Lakhs for this vehicle, as per the reports gets accessories fitted from show room and the Hector is on fire. Now the MG tells that accessories caused the fire. So does that mean that the accessories are defective, low quality and/or their service center does a shoddy job, in both the cases, MG is Solely responsible.

MG as given MG the clean chit in this case.

I have read this on the TBHP as well, theres lot of discussion going on and feel that MG and its PR Machinery is trying to put this case under the carpet. I for sure will be very skeptical about MG products. from what have read read there are around 4 Hectos in different part of country which have set the road on fire (literally)

Thread Starter #3

Nairrk

Honoured Member
I think, it may be due to unprofessional labours who fixed the accessories cause electric shot and caught fire?

Unprofessional Labours? At MG dealership? Aren't you supposed to hire professionals? Had this been Tata or Mahindra, people would be jumping up and down. But are we being biased in this case? I for sure don't think its just this issue. What about the fires for the rest of the vehicles. I believe there have been 4 such cases. In nanos case, I can see that there were only 3 instances recorded in media ( I might be completely wrong here) but Tata accepted the issue, provided the solution. Here the things I feel is that its been high handed by MG motors and I don't like it.

Thread Starter #5

Nairrk

Honoured Member
MG Hector fire incident reason revealed in official company statement

mg-hector-fire-delhi-3-1068x617.jpg

Speaking about the research carried out by MG India, the company states that they found presence of foreign debris like cleaning cloth etc, which could have come in contact with the high temperature exhaust system area and resulted in Hector SUV catching fire.

MG Motor India has said that Hector is a safe car, which has been tested in Indian road conditions for over 10 lakh kilometers. Hector is a car which is made in India, as per global standards. MG India has handed over another Hector to the above owner, whose first Hector caught fire.

Read more..

Why is the mainstream media quite on these MG Hector's on fire? Reportedly 3 cases.
What a hew and cry was created when our humble Nano caught fire, mind you TATA then were proactive, despite aftermarket accessories being the root cause.
MG management should come clean, as now social media is hyper active on this issue.
Thanks Nair Sahab for the thread.

Thread Starter #7

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Have googled now and found major news dailies like Financial Express, Indiatoday, Indiatimes, Aajtak, MSN. Lokmat all reported this news. Also the report/discussion page of TeamBhp also reported on the first page

Google

Have googled now and found major news dailies like Financial Express, Indiatoday, Indiatimes, Aajtak, MSN. Lokmat all reported this news. Also the report/discussion page of TeamBhp also reported on the first page

Google
Yes only after MG released it's response. MG did good ground work to keep the media numb and silent on whatever happens.

Well, official statement from MG on TBHP news section that, one independent agency and one internal team of highly knowledgeable engineers concluded that fire was due to some Foreign Material or Debris. and that the owners is now happy driving another hector.
Firstly the blame is squarely on the owner, secondly if the owner is to be blamed, did he instantly buy another hector? was hector gifted to him? if gifted by the company why? Plus, the way the media houses are being handled to pull down the news on Hectors on fire, I seriously feel that there is some thing more to it. Having looked at the fibre parts surrounding the engine, could that be reason? We don't know. But the conclusion seems pretty inconclusive, with lots of loose ends, Why not name the independent agency which did the investigation? that too a govt one?

I am still not satisfied. More so because of more than necessary media management. Why can story remain in media? I can even now read the story of the first nano getting fired. So why this news expired in under a month?
Chinese showing their true colors I believe. I would for sure be at ones arms length from MG and its cars. Yeah very good pretty loaded car but sorry I don't like the way you want to cover up things MG.

I am still not satisfied. More so because of more than necessary media management. Why can story remain in media? I can even now read the story of the first nano getting fired. So why this news expired in under a month?
Chinese showing their true colors I believe. I would for sure be at ones arms length from MG and its cars. Yeah very good pretty loaded car but sorry I don't like the way you want to cover up things MG.
Upcoming company and facing stiff competition with Kia who have taken the market with a bang, MG cannot afford to make the bad publicity rounds happening around their product, which is why in this case it would have surely been settled inside a cabin with hefty amount along with a new car to the owner which it shows with the official statement owner gave out.

Well Nanos got fired up and people shunned it, company was gracious to accept issues, provide fixes. Showed the company culture. Here, things are hushed up by way of muscle. Shutting the media, silencing the owners is a bad strategy, Is this now what people are saying these days, curb on Freedom or Speech and Expression. Competition or not, this is not the way to go.

I am certainly not happy with such high handedness of Chinese MG. They need to understand they are in India and Chinese way of hushing up of things will not work. Yeah probably lot of Moolah may work in their favor.

Top Bottom