Mercedes Benz Ties Up with Buddh International Circuit

Thread Starter #1

350Z

Core Team
Reading such piece of news always makes me believe that our country is finally gaining the much required momentum in Motorsports Sector. Hot news today is that Mercedes Benz has announced their official partnership with Buddh International Circuit, which translates that:

- Mercedes-Benz cars will be utilized as safety / monitor cars for all events at the track.

- Mercedes-Benz customers shall have exclusive and special access to use the cars on the race track.

- Mercedes Dealerships will retail tickets for Indian F1 GP and other Merchandise.

- Plans to popularize motorsports through promotional activities, road shows and dealership activations across India.

- Set up of a Performance Driving Academy in 2012 to foster talent and popularize performance driving. The new Academy will offer structured programs, cars, trainers and help groom new talents on the racing circuit.

Pic1-Mr. Peter Honegg, Managing Director & CEO, Mercedes-Benz India with Sameer Gaur, Managing D.JPG

Pic2-Mr. Peter Honegg, Managing Director & CEO, Mercedes-Benz India poses with Sameer Gaur, Mana.JPG

Drive Safe,
350Z

This is really a great news for Indian motorsport. Especially the below point will make a world of good for aspiring drivers [cheers]

- Set up of a Performance Driving Academy in 2012 to foster talent and popularize performance driving. The new Academy will offer structured programs, cars, trainers and help groom new talents on the racing circuit.

Thread Starter #3

350Z

Core Team
For sure. I’m too eager for that, and also the opportunity for Merc owners to test their machine on full throttle at track sounds exciting.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Indeed a good news for all motor sports and Merc fanboys in India. Getting the F1 to the country was the biggest achievement from our local motorsports bodies, and with it will come all the niceties for sure. Also it is going to attract lots of tourism and celebrities[thumbsup]

Yeah. This is real good opportunity for India. Man !! I am just crossing fingers now that Indian GP should do well without any controversies. I don want another CWG [frustration]

My understanding from F1, which I am addicted to, is that wherever you have a race the safety car is bound to be the Mercedes.

It is nothing unique to the New Delhi Grand Prix because had the race been in Bangladesh, Mercedes still would have partenered as the safety car and other related matters. In fact they have been the safety car since 1999 in every circuit that F1 has been. Thats the deal with FIA, Since 2010 its been the SLS AMG model. So it was just a matter of formality for them to tie up.

However each and every of these news do make us proud. From a personal point of view would love to see the Mercedes to be on podium in Delhi and not just be happy with the safety car duties. Ross Brawn and Michael Schumacher are too awesome a combination not to hit the jackpot for this long a period.

Let it be the Buddh International Circuit.

An interview of Bernd Maylander who has been officially driving the safety car since 2000 which might be of interest.. Wonder when he will be arriving and what he will be doing in New Delhi ?

My understanding from F1, which I am addicted to, is that wherever you have a race the safety car is bound to be the Mercedes.

It is nothing unique to the New Delhi Grand Prix because had the race been in Bangladesh, Mercedes still would have partenered as the safety car and other related matters. In fact they have been the safety car since 1999 in every circuit that F1 has been. Thats the deal with FIA, Since 2010 its been the SLS AMG model. So it was just a matter of formality for them to tie up.

However each and every of these news do make us proud. From a personal point of view would love to see the Mercedes to be on podium in Delhi and not just be happy with the safety car duties. Ross Brawn and Michael Schumacher are too awesome a combination not to hit the jackpot for this long a period.

Let it be the Buddh International Circuit.
Yes true. Mercedes-Benz has been official provider of safety car since 1996 for every championship.

Car in current use is CLK 63 AMG, modified to improve power-to-weight and braking. It is o/p is around 480 BHP, which is still a little more than half of what F1 cars can do [:)]

Just to feel the race will be an enthralling experience. If you love cars, this the place to be.

had the race been in Bangladesh, Mercedes still would have partenered as the safety car
:lol!:
Apart from Race and sport F1 really is the base for lot of RnD. Which indeed used in many sectors apart from automobiles.

The news that Mercedes Benz has tied up with Buddh International Circuit is worth applauding considering it is going to boost Motorsport activities in the country and set a stage for aspiring Motorsport drivers to take the profession seriously.
Kudos to Mercedes

Last edited:
hey guys i think owners other than of merc can also get this track for hire!! even auto companies will also use it to test their cars!! [thumbsup][thumbsup]

Top Bottom