- Sep 7, 2014
- Delhi-NCR/ Mumbai
Mercedes Benz New CLS 250 Diesel
Buddies, The New Mercedes Benz CLS Class 250 CDi has been launched on the 25th of March 2015 at an Ex Showroom price of Rs 76.50 Lacs (Delhi). Its a face-lifted CLS which has come up in line with the other luxury sedans and Cabriolet being launched by Mercedes Benz India with their new design language.
What I liked
* Contemporary Styling which is in-line with the recent launches done by Mercedes Benz in India. The new design language of Mercedes Benz has been quite attention grabbing and has made their products look better and beautiful.
* The Cabin is plush with excellent quality of leather used on dashboard and door pads. The wooden inserts further enhance the luxurious feel when one sits inside the cabin.
* Comfortable seats both in front and the rear with ample thigh support and have adjustable back-rest and head-rest as well. The fit and finish of the seats is remarkable and done with precision.
* Panoramic Sunroof is there to provide additional pleasantness for the driver and passengers alike. In summers it shall protect you from the blazing heat where as in beautiful rainy season the same shall multiply the driving pleasure of the CLS Class manifolds.
* In terms of the engine, the new CLS Class is powered with a 4-cylinder diesel engine that provides an impressive 204 hp power output and maximum torque of 500 Nm between 1600 – 1800 rpm level. The engine wont make you feel that its sluggish in pick-up and talking about the responsiveness, the diesel CLS is really responsive as I have observed.
* Comfortable Steering, though the CLS looks huge in the first look but believe me, its really easy to drive and turn even in traffic and the cornering of the car is also good. I am saying this because I have driven it on one of the busiest roads of Noida that sees traffic all day long. There won't be slightest sense of fatigue in the driver when he/she drives the car.
* In Cabin Insulation; Even being a diesel engine, this car is not harsh on the ears and keeps the cabin sound-proof for the passengers and driver to a great extent from the engine noise with the proper insulation provided by Mercedes Benz. The outside noise in the cabin is also minimal and one can enjoy being at peace when seated inside the CLS Class.
* Braking of the CLS Class, I am really impressed with the responsiveness of the brakes of the CLS. Even when driven at speeds of 90-100 km/h the brakes react quickly when needed and the car comes to a smooth stop without any apparent jerks. The new Mercedes Benz CLS Class comes equipped with standard safety features like ABS, BAS, ESP.
# Continued in next post.