Mercedes Benz E300 - Ownership Report!

@Archit how much does the same Merc cost in Thailand, I need to a detailed discussions with you on various topics related to importing a car from bangkok, pricing, import and export duties, etc, if you don't have any problem.

350Z

Core Team
@Archit how much does the same Merc cost in Thailand, I need to a detailed discussions with you on various topics related to importing a car from bangkok, pricing, import and export duties, etc, if you don't have any problem.
Indian Government charges 110% of import duty alone on the cost of vehicle, Plus other shipping / registration etc. charges extra. It really is going to be a hectic task to import one. And for that price, you might consider many other options in India itself.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Indian Government charges 110% of import duty alone on the cost of vehicle, Plus other shipping / registration etc. charges extra. It really is going to be a hectic task to import one. And for that price, you might consider many other options in India itself.

Drive Safe,
350Z
Thanks Vibhor, I think you're right I should consider options that are available in India itself.

Archit why did your cousin chose the petrol variant? , if I'm not wrong he has less usage in the city and on highway, how much would a CDI (diesel) version cost when fully loaded with options.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #19
he chose the petrol variant cuz he is diehard petrol enthusiast. no way in his life ever will he ever get a diesel.
Diesel variant would cost about 4.7 million baht.

Thread Starter #20
Hi type-r,

Thanks for sharing those pix. Loved the one of the steering-wheel the most. But what are those 3 stalks/levers for? Also, the FE that you're getting is pretty much on par for that addictive engine.

Cheers :)
hey sorry for late reply. the stalks are one for indicator, one for gearlever, and one for wipers.

Thread Starter #21
UPDATE!

the car has now done around 26,000 kms and it feels like a tank. it oozes of luxury and i think its one of the perfect cars available on the market. will upload some pics a bit later.

350Z

Core Team
UPDATE!

the car has now done around 26,000 kms and it feels like a tank. it oozes of luxury and i think its one of the perfect cars available on the market. will upload some pics a bit later.
Yes, indeed it is. E-Class is most preferred sedan in the executive segment of India. Do consider uploading more snaps and perhaps a short review too.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #24
snaps are on their way... report? hmm...

All of his cars run a lot. Like really, a lot. His Camry (he still has it) has run 270,000 kms in 7 years. This benz has run 26,000 kms in a year and half. One of his problems are that his rear benz monogram is rusting. dont know how but its starting to rust. he will have to get that changed. Also he is thinking of getting some AMG rims.

but petrol prices are biting him hard now. so he just booked a white pajero sport for daily runs.

Thread Starter #26
yes though he has already booked the Pajero Sport and will be getting delivery in April, my prius might just have to wait a bit more. haha :biggrin:

Thread Starter #27
the car just got rear ended today. it was at set of lights and truck came from behind and rammed it at 80+ speeds. its quite sad that its in such state.

Attachments

the car just got rear ended today. it was at set of lights and truck came from behind and rammed it at 80+ speeds. its quite sad that its in such state.
This is heartbreaking to watch, but hope your cousin is hale and hearty!

Thread Starter #29
yes he is fine. his driver was driving it. it happened at 3 a.m. driver broke a few bones and in ICU now. driver was alone. and ironically, it was the first time he let his driver take the Merc.

350Z

Core Team
Damn. That’s a terrible sight. Hope the driver recovers soon. I’m afraid that it will take a lot of bucks to repair the car back into real shape.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom