Mercedes Benz E300 - Ownership Report!

Thread Starter #1
Hey people,
Here is a report on my cousin's new Merc E300. He just bought it 1-2 months ago but i met him this week. I will take some fresh pics tomorow but here are some now. Also after driving 1600 kilometers, bubbles started to appear on the sunfilm on the rear right window. But that has been rectified. He lives 280 kms from Bangkok, where I live. He comes here very often, so I suggested him to get a diesel car. But he is a die-hard fan of petrol engines. He also does not care about run-in period or such stuff. He gets a car and drives the wheels off! [clap] It costed him 4.999 milllion baht.

Attachments

Petrol lovers will never like Diesel. The petrol engine sound is so addictive.
And new cars doesn't have any run-in system. Its just like we keep hearing about run-in to people for precautionary reason does that.

Thread Starter #3
i told him to get a Beemer 5 instead mainly i like that more but after a ride in this, I love this car! It has sooooo much torque!! At 2500 RPM, the car was doing 125 km/h! SO I told my cousin to revv the car a bit and really feel the power. Guess what? He revved it to 6500 RPM and it went from 125 straight to 190 km/h! Plus the snarl the engine made was also sweet! I will get better pictures tomorow.

i told him to get a Beemer 5 instead mainly i like that more but after a ride in this, I love this car! It has sooooo much torque!! At 2500 RPM, the car was doing 125 km/h! SO I told my cousin to revv the car a bit and really feel the power. Guess what? He revved it to 6500 RPM and it went from 125 straight to 190 km/h! Plus the snarl the engine made was also sweet! I will get better pictures tomorow.
Hey buddy the led's on the front looks Awsome.
I saw a Merc S-250 in Bangalore, It has the emblem on the grills itself and not sticks out.
For a moment i thought it to be SLS-AMG.
Later i saw it was S-250.
It looks really superb with its Led's on esp in the day its so bright.

350Z

Core Team
Congratulations to your cousin for getting his new Merc E. Do share more details and pictures, These aren't just sufficient enough for a Mercedes thread. :smile:

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #7
Here's the story:
My cousin, Vipin, always had a wish to own a German car. He was also very satisfied with his Camry. He has been owning big cars since beginning. First car he had bought was a 1990 Honda Accord. Second car was 1999 Honda Accord. Third car was 2005 Toyota Camry (he still has it). Now this. So he was deeply satisfied with his car. But his wife was always telling him to get a new car, mainly because in the colony he lives in is all filled with Mercs, Beemers, Audi, Lexus etc. Plus the wife also wanted a car. So he was in stuck with two decisions: get himself a new car and give his camry to his wife or give his wife a new car. But he decided himself to get a car. Then he planned how much he can shell out. He was ready for upto 5 million baht. So after looking at his budget, he thought it would be awkward if he was driving a Camry and his wife a Merc/Beemer/Audi (male ego LOL) so he decided to get himself the new car only. So he shortlisted a few cars which includes: Audi A6, BMW 530i, Mercedes Benz E300, Lexus GS300. He really liked the Audi really much but poor dealership network really made the Audi cut out of the list. Next was BMW, he really enjoyed the BMW and actually was going to book on the same day he TD'ed the car, but he heard that new 5 series was going to launch and timing was not sure. He couldn't wait so the BMW was also cut off. Next he went to Merc. He enjoyed the Merc as much as the BMW if now more. Power was good, comfort was also good. Looks are also very good. He booked one instantly. He didn't even go to see the Lexus. He got his car after 15-20 days. It was really shining and flashy. He was, is very satisfied with his buy. Just a few niggles have come in. Rear right window control was not working from driver control. Sunfilm had bubbles. All is sorted now. Just came back from a drive and boy the car is fast! 45 to 160 comes up so fast! So much torque this beast posesses! Plus the sound it makes when it is revved! Very pleasing for a car buff.
Pics will posted later.

350Z

Core Team
I'm not sure about scene of Lexus or Nissan in BKK, But is Altima available out there? It's one heck of a car. I love it. But it just doesn't offers as much brand value as a Mercedes or BMW would.

2009-nissan-altima-sedan-14.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #10
here are some more pics:
The AC has two seperate controls for driver and passenger.
Steering is on the right of the steering wheel. THe lock feature shown here and memory seats are of passenger seat.

Attachments

Archit Hai are there any updates for us?, I need some help from you regarding the Merc E Class that your cousin owns. Oh yes the car looks fresh and sleek and also has its own class and lovers[lol].

Thread Starter #14
UPDATE:

The car has done about 7000 kms already. Still going on strongly. But i havent seen this car in a while now. In fact 8 months to be precise. What help do you need friend? also FE is about 5-6 in the city and 8-9 in the highway. Pretty decent i must say!

Hi type-r,

Thanks for sharing those pix. Loved the one of the steering-wheel the most. But what are those 3 stalks/levers for? Also, the FE that you're getting is pretty much on par for that addictive engine.

Cheers :)

Top Bottom