Mercedes Benz E250 CDi Review & Pictures: Executive Decision

Re: Mercedes Benz E-Class (E250 CDI) Test Drive Review

excellent review IR. just a question, did you get to drive the petrol? not the AMG obviously. [;)]

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #18

Hi Iron rock,
Wow!!!Stunning review and even more stunning snaps.
Regards,
Aneesh.
Thank you sir!

excellent review IR. just a question, did u get to drive the petrol? not the AMG obviously... [;)]
Thanks type-r There is a 2 liter petrol version marginally cheaper as well, but i cant think of a single reason to buy it over the diesel to be perfectly honest. Nope we didnt drive it.
Driving an AMG anywhere else apart from BIC would be a little pointless [lol]

Last edited:

Wow! What an extensive review on the new Merc E-class Iron Rock. Rating this thread a well deserved 5 star. The new E-class looks huge, surely a mini-limo and the size comparo with the Dzire just tells about the length of this luxury sedan.

The brushed aluminium inserts on the dash looks so fabulous and upmarket. The wooden ones look really pale in front of these. Some really nice touches given on the inside, surely this segment is all about wooing the customer into luxury.

Those 17 inches brushed aluminium finished 5 dual spoke alloy wheel design is absolutely to die for. Drooling looking at the pics itself.

Lately, I have started admiring the front designing of all the new Mercedes cars with the mammoth 3 pointed star logo and large wide grille. The A-class front fascia has to be the best among the siblings IMO though.

What if we were to pit the E250 CDI against its direct competitor, the BMW 520D as both of them are quite similarly priced. If I may ask, which one would be your pick among the two?

it is always difficult to choose between the E vs 5er and the A6.
for sheer fun, nothing beats the Beemer. For sheer comfort and the killer looks, it has to be the Audi. but the Merc very finely combines all those. I have always stood for the Beemer over the Merc but now maybe times have to change. I mean I have driven the E300 (it was same generation as this but pre-facelift) extensively and I can vouch it was one hell of a solid car.

The brushed aluminium inserts on the dash looks so fabulous
Those 17 inches brushed aluminium finished 5 dual spoke alloy wheel design is absolutely to die for.The A-class front fascia has to be the best among the siblings IMO though.
Hi GM88,
You said it,the alloys are something to die for.A diamond grille would have been icing on cake.
Regards,
Aneesh.

Excellent report, kudos.

I have to admit, I am a BMW fan. But boy, I am impressed with the E's interiors! They are a class apart.

Thread Starter #23

Lately, I have started admiring the front designing of all the new Mercedes cars with the mammoth 3 pointed star logo and large wide grille. The A-class front fascia has to be the best among the siblings IMO though.

What if we were to pit the E250 CDI against its direct competitor, the BMW 520D as both of them are quite similarly priced. If I may ask, which one would be your pick among the two?
it is always difficult to choose between the E vs 5er and the A6.
Hi GM88,
You said it,the alloys are something to die for.A diamond grille would have been icing on cake.
Regards,
Aneesh.
Excellent report, kudos.

I have to admit, I am a BMW fan. But boy, I am impressed with the E's interiors! They are a class apart.
Cheer Guys I believe Merc, BMW, Audi run in circles constantly outdoing each other, its a never ending german karmic cycle for them. In between Volvo and Jaguar throw a few punches.

We need to test the new 5 series to justify it against the new E class.

Its a little ironic that A Class is an absolute looker and sporty in looks terms but overall has a average performance(nothing mind blowing), while the E class is all classy and executive (off course they have been designed for certain audience) and has a great punchy diesel mill.

Last edited:

I driven an automatic premium sedan is a Merc C in my life. It is the reason I am a big fan of Mercs. Loved the stance of E its packed with features. Nice review 350z :)

@ Ironrock nice wonderful review and beautiful pictures .great going keep it up .

350Z

Core Team

....Loved the stance of E its packed with features. Nice review 350z :)
I haven’t reviewed this car. It’s Iron Rock who deserves the credit for an exhaustive write-up and the set of beautiful images. :smile:

Drive Safe,
350Z

Iron rock, the car with wooden interior panels is the standard edition, right? Also i can notice a difference in the upholstery used. Can you post some more pics of this car.[:)]

Thread Starter #29

@ Superbad thank you very much sir! We are trying harder each time.

@Genx Yes Ash wood is the standard trim, while the one we did was the Avantgarde version - I was thinking there are far too many photos already :tongue: - Let me know what exactly you are interested in - we have plenty of photos.

@ Superbad thank you very much sir! We are trying harder each time.

@Genx Yes Ash wood is the standard trim, while the one we did was the Avantgarde version - I was thinking there are far too many photos already :tongue: - Let me know what exactly you are interested in - we have plenty of photos.
Iron rock , sorry to disturb you [:D]. I am interested in the pics of the interior of the car with the wood trim.I think it is the version that's being locally assembled in India.

Last edited:

Top Bottom