Mercedes Benz E250 CDi Review & Pictures: Executive Decision

Re: Mercedes Benz E250 CDi Review | Test Drive | Pictures

I took delivery of my brand new E250 Edition Obsidian Black last sunday. The first Edition E in North Kerala.
IMG_2934.JPG
IMG_2931.JPG
IMG_2972.JPG

But there developed few issues while driving back to Calicut from Kochi. These are the issues
1. Rattling from the panoramic sunroof sunblind of the front side when it is retracted.
This was present only on uneven roads.
2. Difficulty in closing the slide in the centre console after opening the ashtray. The slide was closing with a click. It was actually touching the cigarette lighter holder while sliding back.
3. Seat belt height adjustment not working that too both driver and co driver side. It's literally stuck!

I'd already raised about the above two issues with dealers and their response to my issues was very good. They kept the vehicle for a whole day and they confirmed the problems. According to them they had never come across any problems like this before especially in E class. Finally they delivered the vehicle in the evening and advised that these issues will settle down once vehicle has done some kilometres. My vehicle has only done 500km till now. Today morning when I tried to adjust the seat belt height, it's not working. Again I went to service today morning itself. My sales guy said he will call 2 technicians from kochi on Monday and in their presence will check out the complaints. He is also confused about the cause of these issues. What should I do now? In the last five days after taking delivery I'd already visited the service 3 times. What might be the cause of this? Was the PDI improper? Is my vehicle has some manufacturing defect? There are lot of things going through my heart! I seriously don't know how to proceed. I'm seriously scared about my vehicles future.

Thread Starter #47

It isnt very serious or grave issues (though new cars are not supposed to have it), I suggest you give a chance to the dealer to deal with this at the highest priority - if needed you can also escalate later to MB later. If i were you, i would use the opportunity to build a good rapport with dealer and ensure the longer term support always works for you.

Congratulations on your purchase, wish you many a safe miles.

Cheers
IR

Congratulations on your new car Sarath!

When a person buys such a car in India he expects perfection. I think you should be much more firm. Tell them you want a clear solution & your not ready to leave your car for a day or week if they cannot guarantee all the flaws are corrected otherwise you will write to Autocar or Mercedes HQ.
The moment you drive out of the showroom you literally loose lakhs in resale but you buy such a car for the emotional,safety,technological experience it has. If primary safety like seat belts have a flaw its a remark they should take seriously.

I do occasionally drive my friends e250 & one year on its working flawlessly considering my friend thrashes it around & always enjoyed in sports mode,its also remapped.

Are you planning any mods on the car? Any merc upgrades on it?

Last edited:

Is there any difference in transmission for W212 and W205? Yesterday I drove a C 220 CDI and found out that the gear shifts are very smooth without any jerks which is not the case with my E250 W212. In E 250 I experienced a loud thud whenever releasing the Parking mode to drive mode or R mode. Today I drove GLE 350 and its transmission was also too good. Never felt any kind of jerks while changing gears. What might be the cause for it? Is it a known issue with E250? SA told that it's due to high torque and power ratio.

Top Bottom