Mercedes B-Class Sedan Version on its way

Thread Starter #1
Mercedes Benz B-Class currently comes only in hatchback version but now sedan on approx. same price is on its way too but not for india sadly..

The Mercedes Benz B Class (codename W245) was introduced in March 2005. It is basically a bigger A-Class and shares key components with the Baby Benz. Dubbed compact sports tourer, the front engined, front-wheel-drive model has sold like popcorn over the years in major global markets.

A new B-Class platform is developed at Mercedes Benz which will also form the basis for the A-Class. The Mercedes Benz B class sedan will smaller than the C class sedan and obviously priced at a much lower point.

According to Automotive News, Mercedes Benz marketing chief Joachim Schmidt says the 2012 B-class range will have no less than four variants, and three body styles – an SUV, sedan and hatchback. The B-Class sedan is for the younger customer who want smaller car with smaller engine (cheap to buy and run).

The 2012 Mercedes Benz B-Class sedan will debut in 2011 in the US. Among the many powertrain options discussed are electric and fuel cell technology. One wouldn’t expect both to debut at the launch, perhaps deep into the next decade when infrastructure for charging EVs are put in place, these could churn out major volumes for Mercedes.
source - B-class sedan | Mercedes B-Class sedan | 2012 B Class | Steering News

comparison - hatchback
Mercedes%20Benz_B%20Class_Mercedes%20B%20Class.jpg

sedan redering
Mercedes-Benz-B-class-sedan-2011.jpg

who cares
in India cheapest merc have a price tag of 20 lac+
obviously it is not for a car for middle class employee
who has 5 lac annual income like me

350Z

Core Team
@vvk1987, The cheapest Mercedes currently available in our contry is C-Class which costs approx. Rs. 30 + Lakhs. Merc B-Class saloon looks nice and could make an affordable as well as attractive deal for a middle class person consider three pointed star logo, In fact I’m even in favor of B-Class hatch but that would cost much higher in its segment. My guess, somewhere near to Honda Jazz and Chevy SR-V or even more?

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom