Merc Follows BMW Strategy, C-Class at Rs.26 Lakhs

Thread Starter #1
Guys, I have just heard that Mercedes India have introduced a cheaper version of the C-Class to counter the BMW 320dCE that has cannibalised C-Class sales. The cheaper C-Class is named "Executive", and has a few goodies deleted, for e.g-No beige interiors. The "Executive" variant now retails at Rs.25-26 lakhs on-road and is the new stepping stone to the three-pointed star club.

350Z

Core Team
I’m observing that since the starting of this year, BMW was pushing down Mercedes in market, Also when Merc sales were hi-jacked by BMW during Dec-Jan, At auto Expo, a journalist asked Mr.Wilfred about same to which he avoided by answering that we’re not focusing on sales but our customer satisfaction and quality. But this moves shows that cold war among both leading luxury carmakers is going on and will always continue. Wonder when will Audi come into action with my favorite A4 Model?

Drive Safe,
350Z

Well am not a big fan of these stripped features cars , but yeah they become cheaper by a huge margin and even more affordable!

Yeah its about time Audi enters the competition!

Thread Starter #5
Speculation is rife that Audi India is already contemplating launching a stripped-down version of the Audi A4 too, to face the growing competition. I am sure Audi will jump on to the bandwagon soon. After all, who would want to miss a burgeoning segment! After the hatch segment, I feel this is the hottest segment in the country today.

350Z

Core Team
Well am not a big fan of these stripped features cars , but yeah they become cheaper by a huge margin and even more affordable!

Yeah its about time Audi enters the competition!
Those who already have enough in their pockets to afford the "full packed" variants of these models would definitely won't prefer stripped down versions but for the middle class buyer, such models make a mouth watering deal and you guessed the reason right, Brand Value. Otherwise, I don't see anything major as such to opt for a cheaper C-Class for Rs.25~ Lakhs where you can already get a powerful and feature loaded Honda Accord V6 and may even end up saving a penny or two.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #7
Mercedes-Benz India have confirmed that they will be launching a stripped-down variant of the C-Class, called the "Executive Edition". The features removed are-

1. Sunroof
2. Anti-theft Package ( includes internal motion sensor & tow away protection )
3. Paramatric Steering Wheel
4. Multifunctional Steering Wheel
5. Gear Selector not in leather
6. Xenon Headlamps
7. Parktronics
8. LED turn indicators
9. Mobile Pre-installation

Features replaced-

1. Single CD Changer
2. 7 spoke 16" Alloy wheels
3. Artico Man Made Leather

Feature added-

1. Blue Efficiency ( low emission norms, Better fuel efficiency, 170 Bhp with 400 Nm Torque).
This "Executive Edition" will retail at around Rs.26 lakhs on-road and will compete with the BMW 320dCE. Here is the spec sheet of the BMW 320dCE for comparison with the C-Class "Executive Edition".

Attachments

Good move. The tussle between these giants is making these exotic beauties within the reach of middle class.

350Z

Core Team
Basically they have removed and replaced mainly those features which take the car's price a level above but I'd still say that at Rs.25+ Lakhs, Only brand value is being sold with the name of "Corporate Edition", "Executive Edition" blah! Now just waiting for Audi to jump into this river of stripped down editions.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Well i can adjust without most of the stripped features except the sun-roof and Xenon headlamps!! I just love them on any car!![:D]

Top Bottom