Meet My Beauty - Volkswagen Polo TDI (CL)

Congrats again for your polo, Yathi

My passion for car has increased immensely after I became owner of the Polo TDI .
Same happened with me too. Best evidence is- joining TAI after owning polo.

I never had a confidence to do 80 plus Km in my Wagon R , Be it in highways or any where coz you wont feel secured and bumpy in the Car i meant in Wagon R
Coincidently, I also had Wagon-R before polo, and my observations are same as yours. After experiences of wagon-R, I couldn't believe that a hatch could have such a great handling.

I read many reviews about 3 pot engine and pickup issue for the POLO . Really don't know in what ground People are taking about that . I bet ride the polo with Fiat multijet 1.3 ..no vehicle can touch the back of VW.
I didn't get what you meant by this part "I bet ride the polo with Fiat multijet 1.3". Care to elaborate?

Thread Starter #17
Congrats again for your polo, Yathi

Same happened with me too. Best evidence is- joining TAI after owning polo.

Coincidently, I also had Wagon-R before polo, and my observations are same as yours. After experiences of wagon-R, I couldn't believe that a hatch could have such a great handling.

I didn't get what you meant by this part "I bet ride the polo with Fiat multijet 1.3". Care to elaborate?
Hello Rightnow,

Hope your doing good

I went through many reviews before my final decision for polo, and found many complaints about engine that it doesn’t have adequate pickup and power also turbo lag issues .Since I had cancelled my booking for SWIFT (VDI) and went for POLO (TDI) few of my friends told that you’re doing a big mistake by going with a 3 cylinder engine. But recently I got a chance to drive Ritz with same engine same as SWIFT and couple of time I drove with my friends those who has SWIFT in highways, but believe me Polo will cruise in 4th and fifth gear like a Jet plane.
Not only engine capacity will help you to drive fast & safe but the stability of Polo give an Edge while comparing to other competitors
And the important thing I learned was If you have Car with more Engine power doesn’t mean, it is the best ' also there are many other factors which support good performance especially the stability, road grip and cornering capability of vehicle that will give us the confidence to drive in all new level and now am enjoying that with my Polo [:)]

I will update you more details soon, since I was travelling for couple of projects last few weeks I was not able to update in TAI, after I became a Polo owner only, start looking cars more passionately like I joined TAI [:)]

Also how can I update more pics of my Car in this thread you have any idea about that? Am unable to upload[confused]

Ad!tya

Suspended
Congrats yathi.
The car is looking gorgeous.[:)] Wanting to see some interior pics.

Regarding your above query for uploading more pics, I have no idea. Maybe gurus can help.
Till then, you can try cropping the image to less than 1 MB.

Hello Rightnow,
Hope your doing good
Also how can I update more pics of my Car in this thread you have any idea about that? Am unable to upload[confused]
Hit the 'post reply' button on left side of page. After the reply box opens, you can see the toolbar on top of this box-> hit the attachment button-a new box will open-> upload your file by hitting on browse button-> after adding all the files close the box-> return back to reply box and again go to the attachment icon on toolbar->hit the drop down arrow which will show all your attachments-> you can upload all of them at once by hitting the last option of drop down or select respective files and include a caption for each.

All files should be < 1 MB.

@yahi - I actually did not pay anything for the reverse parking sensor as I was getting 15000 worth accessories free. I guess reverse parking would cost you anywhere between 3K to 4K if I am not wrong and that too if you take it from the showroom. If its from someplace outside then it would be less. And I am not sure about the VW remote lock. Better if you could enquire this with the dealer itself.

Hello Rightnow,
...But recently I got a chance to drive Ritz with same engine same as SWIFT and couple of time I drove with my friends those who has SWIFT in highways, but believe me Polo will cruise in 4th and fifth gear like a Jet plane.
Not only engine capacity will help you to drive fast & safe but the stability of Polo give an Edge while comparing to other competitors
And the important thing I learned was If you have Car with more Engine power doesn’t mean, it is the best ' also there are many other factors which support good performance especially the stability, road grip and cornering capability of vehicle that will give us the confidence to drive in all new level and now am enjoying that with my Polo [:)]
I agree with your thoughts. The one who owns polo never feels anything like a 3 cylinder or underpowered engine, it just acts as a preliminary elimination criteria for many buyer looking for potential hatch. Anyways its up to a buyer to choose or discard. The ride and handling qualities of polo are miles ahead to many hatches out there, and as you said 'its a drive at all new level'- true this is.

Wishing you fun and good times with your polo.
Post some pictures now, I came to know that you love photography- show us some good ones of polo.

Last edited:

Top Bottom