Meet Dzire Tour – First Gen Maruti Dzire for Taxi Market

Thread Starter #1

350Z

Core Team
Yes, it happened. Maruti Suzuki has re-introduced the first generation Dzire especially for the Indian cab market and tagged it as Dzire Tour. However, it will be available only in the base variant of Petrol and Diesel (LXi and LDi). Sales begin from next month onwards. This taxi specific model has the following pricing:

- Maruti Suzuki Dzire Tour LXi (Petrol): Rs.4.88 Lakhs

- Maruti Suzuki Dzire Tour LDi (Diesel): Rs.5.91 Lakhs

Do you think it is a fair move from Maruti Suzuki to bring previous model of Dzire for the taxi segment? Would it not disappoint the individual buyers who prefer staying away from the cars with taxi-tag on them? Do pour in your thoughts.

Maruti-Dzire.jpg
(News Source: Autocar India)

Drive Safe,
350Z

It is one of the most ugly looking car in India. Also for a pvt. owner it is not a good news but the support will be ensured!

This should not be an issue with existing owners. Why it should be? Need owners POV.

This is indeed a good news for the Indian taxi segment, I guess. The pricing is spot on and it shall give a very good option for the segment/category buyers for their business.

Certainly MSIL will have some distinction between the Tour and older version of the Dzire. Waiting for details!

many cab operators will go for indigo or logan only. imo dzire isnt that much spacious and vfm!

I think its a good move, but I heard it comes with black bumpers, black mirrors, steel wheels & no power windows... Why?

Anyways, I dont think this will affect the new Swift Dzire owners as their cars look different (and smaller) than this Dzire. Yes, the name is same but then we do have many people buying Indicas, Taveras, Innovas, etc. Atleast in this case, the car looks different.

Yes, but owners of the older Dzire maybe upset as now their car has been branded as a taxi by the manufacturer itself.

I think its a good move, but I heard it comes with black bumpers, black mirrors, steel wheels & no power windows... Why?
Maybe to please existing private buyers.

Anyways, I dont think this will affect the new Swift Dzire owners as their cars look different (and smaller) than this Dzire. Yes, the name is same but then we do have many people buying Indicas, Taveras, Innovas, etc. Atleast in this case, the car looks different.
Yes, but as Umang rightly said, it won't be VFM & for cab purpose, what matters the most is rear legroom, which is lacking in dzire. Dzire may work as radio cab within the city but I doubt anyone would hire it for inter-city journey. Indigo & Verito wins here.

Yes, but owners of the older Dzire maybe upset as now their car has been branded as a taxi by the manufacturer itself.
+1.

It is one of the most ugly looking car in India. Also for a pvt. owner it is not a good news but the support will be ensured!
Both new and old are ugly ducklings from the maruti stable .
My +1. The ugliest car IMO.

Everything is fine but the black front and rear bumpers is not. Lots of ugly dzires will run soon.
Who said the car come with black bumpers? The LXi & LDi & LDi always came with body coloured bumpers.

My +1. The ugliest car IMO.
+1. But most of the Dzire buyers are those who want to buy swift but want a bit more boot space. Being a notchback, Dzire is bought by those who like performance or swift but better boot. And due to price cuts in new Dzire, it has become even better proposal. Unfortunately, Indigo CS isn't refined due to old engine & looks are also obsolete. Had there been some other notchback in the segment, it would have done wonders. Infact, i20 as notchback can also be good option if worked upon.

Who said the car come with black bumpers? The LXi & LDi & LDi always came with body coloured bumpers.
In current times, I too don't think they may do this especially when all competitors are giving body colored bumpers, except for indicab. But I think there may not be even plain wheelcaps, no mud-flap etc. The crome in grill may also be absent.

In current times, I too don't think they may do this especially when all competitors are giving body colored bumpers, except for indicab. But I think there may not be even plain wheelcaps, no mud-flap etc. The crome in grill may also be absent.
+1. I agree that the bumpers will come as body colored and all other decorative stuff like the chrome plates & wheel caps will be taken off!

The picture shows body colored ORVMs, however considering MSIL, I doubt they will go for anything than black for the ORVMs.

Let us wait and watch until it hits the roads!

+1. I agree that the bumpers will come as body colored and all other decorative stuff like the chrome plates & wheel caps will be taken off!

The picture shows body colored ORVMs, however considering MSIL, I doubt they will go for anything than black for the ORVMs.

Let us wait and watch until it hits the roads!
And black door handles.

Thread Starter #13

350Z

Core Team
Sorry for bursting the bubble but as Dzire Tour is strictly for taxi-segment, Maruti Suzuki has done cost cutting at fullest from wherever possible.

Maruti-Swift-Dzire-Tour-6.jpg

Maruti-Swift-Dzire-Tour-7.jpg

Maruti-Swift-Dzire-Tour-4.jpg
(Pics: Indian Autos Blog)

Drive Safe,
350Z

The Swift Dzire Tour look fully like a Taxi now.Agree Maruti has done cost cutting everywhere in the car.Guess the car will be a hit with cab company.

Thank you Vibhor.

Black bumpers + black mirrors + steel wheels (no wheel covers)

Thus, raj_5004 is proved right & P3T3R, S Class & FJ_Cruzer proved wrong & hence the accused get an infraction. :-P

Even the brand insignia on the boot is a plain sticker now, lots of cost cutting.

Top Bottom