Meet Dzire Tour – First Gen Maruti Dzire for Taxi Market

Oops that looks ridiculously ugly even for a cab [frustration]

Let go the black bumpers & stuff, these guys have replaced the Chrome strip at rear with a Black one; the designers are out of their minds.

That suggest to me that the design department was headed by a accountant (not even a Finance manager) to make sure he saves every penny that is worth saving by replacing everything that is possible in a low cost resource!

Pathetic.

@ raj_5004: You win and am glad for you on this. Now throw a party to the ones you proved wrong. Lets celebrate your victory [cheers][cheers]
What say guys?

PS: Raj I was okay on all the stuff apart from bumpers. If you can refer below I said they will have black mirrors+no wheel plates+no chrome & if I am not wrong S Class added @ Black door handles as well.

Buoy that black strip at rear looks too weird. Someone ask them to take if off completely.

Last edited:
Damn
Now when i am buying dezire why they are making it a taxi

Now should i go for red colour

Last edited by a moderator:
@ raj_5004: You win and am glad for you on this. Now throw a party to the ones you proved wrong. Lets celebrate your victory [cheers]
What say guys?
Arre, do we even need a reason to party? Agreed. [thumbsup]

Damn
Now when i am buying dezire why they are making it a taxi

Now should i go for red colour
Why dont you buy the new Dzire?

Thread Starter #21

350Z

Core Team
Despite of being limited to taxi operators; it looks that few individuals are still able to buy the car. Just saw a Dzire Tour with private registration and matching bumpers.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Despite of being limited to taxi operators; it looks that few individuals are still able to buy the car. Just saw a Dzire Tour with private registration and matching bumpers.

Drive Safe,
350Z
I also saw few old Dzire with black bumpers, I think those were DZire tour. I dont remember whether it was private number or Taxi. [confused]

Drive Safe,
350Z
This weekend even i spotted one at Shimoga, which is a tier3 city in karnataka.

Dear All, I just got Swift Dzire Tour.

Ya it comes with black front n back bumper but i have paid some of Rs.6000 for making the both the bumper and handles the same color(white).
and its looking awesome. no one can say its only for Taxi purpose only..
So I m Happy with this new Car. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Ya it comes with black front n back bumper but i have paid some of Rs.6000 for making the both the bumper and handles the same color(white).
So I m Happy with this new Car. :)
Welcome to the forum, Did you buy this for commercial purpose or for personal use? please start an ownership thread which will help prospective buyer's.

So I m Happy with this new Car.
Congrats on your purchase [:)].
Is it yellow no. plate or white ?

Ever since the launch of the new Dzire, Maruti had rebadged the older-generation Dzire with a ‘Tour’ suffix and kept it alive by restricting its sales to the taxi market.

The Dzire Tour was stripped of most of its features and Maruti even did away with certain bare essentials, such as the left wing mirror, central locking and body-coloured front and rear bumpers, door handles and outside mirrors.

Now, however, on the back of overwhelming demand and long waiting periods for its new Dzire, Maruti has made the Dzire Tour available to private car buyers as well.

Also, for an estimated sum of Rs 12,000-15,000, customers can get the front and rear bumpers painted, along with the door handles and the wing mirror. To get central locking, the left wing mirror and other accessories installed, buyers will have to shell out extra.

Swift Dzire Tour prices (Ex-showroom, Mumbai)

Diesel: Rs 6.16 lakh

Petrol: Rs 5.12 lakh

Dzire Tour now available to private buyers | News | Autocar India

Thread Starter #28

350Z

Core Team
Now, however, on the back of overwhelming demand and long waiting periods for its new Dzire, Maruti has made the Dzire Tour available to private car buyers as well.
I have seen more Dzire Tours on Private registration than Cabs. I’m sure taxi market has not accepted it well. Hence, Maruti is now also open to sell it to individuals.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Hi Folks,

FYI for those people who didn't like Dzire Tour and think it's a stupid desicion my Maruti Suzuki.

I am a proud owner of Dzire Tour. I got my car at OTR price of 6.7L.To make it Dzire LDi one has to painting to front/rear bumper, left/right mirrors and all 4 door handles. Also front Swift's gril should be replaced with Dzire chrome grill, rear black strip to be replaced with chrome one and to remove the Tour stickers with Dzire and LDi stickers. For me painting cost - 5k and parts cost -4k. So under 10k you can convert Dzire Tour to Dzire LDi (I went further and upgraded to VDi though).

My question is at 6.8L what other alternatives are there in sedan class? Spend another 25k and you can add features like fog lamps, power windows and central locking with remote lock which makes it 7L OTR. You will only get only a hatchback for 7L now a days. 8-9L would be needed for under 4m so called compact sedans Dzire/Amaze, 9-10L for Manza/Linea/Fiesta/SX4 and 10-11L for Verna/Vento/Rapid.

From my experience Dzire Tour is certainly a VFM option with good rear seats, good driving experience with excellent driving dynamics (Added advantage is FE which is around 23+ if you drive under 80KM/Hr in highway) and i have seen a lot of Dzire Tour in private registration in Kerala so many think like me i guess[:)]

Regards,
Sankar

Top Bottom