Cyrus Mistry: Former Tata Sons Chairman [RIP]

Thread Starter #1

350Z

Core Team
Finally the search of Mr.Tata's successor for Tata Group is now over. Mr.Cyrus Mistry will take over as head of the group in December 2012. Here's more on this news:
Tata Sons Ltd. named Cyrus P. Mistry, the son of its biggest shareholder, as successor to Chairman Ratan Tata, ending more than a year of speculation over who would run India’s biggest business group. Mistry, 43, who will assume the role of deputy chairman immediately, will take over as head of the group in December 2012, according to an e-mailed statement from the company today. Tata in August 2010 set up a five-member panel to find a successor to Ratan whose acquisitions of Jaguar Land Rover and Tetley Group Plc charted India’s emergence as a global economic power.

“I have been impressed with the quality and caliber of his participation, his astute observations and his humility,” Ratan Tata said in the statement. “I will be committed to working with him over the next year to give him the exposure, the involvement and the operating experience to equip him to undertake the full responsibility of the group on my retirement.” The 72-year-old Ratan, who built the group into India’s biggest with revenue of more than $70 billion, will retire after two decades running the Mumbai-based company. Mistry will control a group whose companies make cars from the $72,500 Jaguar XJ to the $2,500 Nano, produce steel and grow tea served at the Tata-owned Boston Ritz Carlton. Tata accounts for almost 7 percent of India’s gross domestic product. “Cyrus is sort of an enigma,” said U.R. Bhat, managing director of Dalton Capital Advisors India Pvt. in Mumbai. “He has a phenomenally big boot to fill.” Source: Tata Names Mistry as Ratan
CyrusMistry_web01_844852f.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

I would bet you than no one can equal the place of Ratan tata .he changed the Indian roads by launch of safari shocked the world by acquiring JLR .The man who i respect the most like many other in the nation.

Mr Cyrus Mistry has been known in the corporate world as the main man behind Shapoorji Pallonji Ltd. The masters in real estate. I, for one, work in their campus which bags the best designed and maintained building year over year.
He is as humble and direct as Ratan Tata was and younger than what Mr. Tata was when he took over. I wish he continues in the same path and takes the salt-to-swanky cars enterprise to greater heights!!

I would bet you than no one can equal the place of Ratan tata .he changed the Indian roads by launch of safari shocked the world by acquiring JLR .The man who i respect the most like many other in the nation.
And the biggest acquisition - Corus Steel which took Tata Steel amongst the top 10 steel producers in the world.

Mr Cyrus Mistry has been known in the corporate world as the main man behind Shapoorji Pallonji Ltd. The masters in real estate. I, for one, work in their campus which bags the best designed and maintained building year over year.
He is as humble and direct as Ratan Tata was and younger than what Mr. Tata was when he took over. I wish he continues in the same path and takes the salt-to-swanky cars enterprise to greater heights!!
He joined as the board of director to SP at 23 & later when he took over SP, the turn-over was hardly Rs.150 Cr. It is now Rs.7,500 Cr.[:)]

Btw, SP are one of the best RE construction firms, even the Sultan of Oman had his palace constructed by SP.

I dont like the guy.
I don't think judging anyone at this moment will be good idea. Let us wait till 2013 so as to get proper picture of his performance. For another 1 yr though, Tata group remains with Ratan Tata.

The day Mr. Ratan Tata leaves tata sons would be one of most saddest day for me , this guy is a national icon, anyways best of luck to Mr. Cyrus Mistry.

Unlike Mr.Tata who always carried his iconic smile and dare to venture attitude,By Looks, Mr.Mistry is more (read as "seriously") conservative and shy. My Intuition says he can set things right (teaching some discipline to automotive department)

Let us hope for the best.

Last edited:
so mystry for tata successor solved!! [lol] well no one can repeat success of ratan tata.

read 10 things about him you dont know..

10. Mistry loves to read books which, apparently, occupies a lot of his free time.

9. His father Shapoorji Pallonji is the largest shareholder in the Tata Group with a stake of 18.5% in Tata Sons. He was also recognized by Forbes as the "richest person of Parsi descent".

8. Like most corporate heads, Mistry too, is a keen golfer and is almost a pro at it.

7. Cyrus Mistry dotes on cars. He is especially passionate about SUVs. Hopefully this love for cars will have a majorly positive impact on Tata Motors.

6. His father was the financier of 'Mughal-e-Azam', one of the most glorious Indian films ever made.

5. Mistry is known to be a family man. He shows as much dedication towards his family as he does to his work.

4. Mistry apparently dislikes socializing and prefers to spend his time amongst people he is close with, rather than the cocktail-sipping crowd.

3. He is married to the daughter of eminent lawyer Iqbal Chagla. The couple has two sons of school-going age.

2. He shares certain character traits with his predecessor Ratan Tata. Like Tata, Mistry is also said to be "soft-spoken, candid and down to earth".

1. Cyrus Mistry is actually an Irish citizen. His family had to give up their Indian citizenship and become Irish citizens in 2003, because the Indian government doesn't approve of dual citizenship.

10 Things You Should Know About Cyrus Mistry - Yahoo! Lifestyle India

Thread Starter #11

350Z

Core Team
Update: Mr. Cyrus P. Mistry, Deputy Chairman of Tata Sons, has been inducted to the Board of Tata Motors as a Director. A Director of Tata Sons since 2006, he was appointed as Deputy Chairman of Tata Sons in November 2011. He is also a Director of Tata Industries Limited, Tata Steel Limited, Tata Power Company Limited, Tata Teleservices Limited and Tata Consultancy Services Limited.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Cyrus Mistry is the new Tata chairman

Tata Motors has appointed Cyrus P Mistry as its Chairman with effect from December 28 when the group chief Ratan Tata retires.

"The Board of Directors of Tata Motors today announced the appointment of Cyrus P Mistry as the Chairman of the Board with effect from December 28, 2012, on the retirement of Ratan N Tata," the company said in a statement.

RATAN NAVAL TATA is a genious. Good bye Sir. [cry]
Welcome Cyrus Mistry to the board. [clap]
Hope TATA Group reaches more heights. [:D]

Thread Starter #15

350Z

Core Team
Mr.Ratan Tata has retired as a chairman of Tata Group. Today, he is also celebrating his 75th birthday. Cyrus Mystry, who has now took over the reigns, chose to travel in a Tata Manza to his workplace. According to The Hindu newspaper, narrow lanes leading to Bombay House is witnessing heavy presence of media since morning in anticipation of Ratan Tata who is reportedly in Pune.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom