MBA Discussions, Suggestions and Advice

EnfieldRyder

Am a Electronics & Telecommunication graduate. Am from technical background but now I ve spent years in IT. So to move up the ladder I felt instead of learning something from scratch in technical why not do MBA & move up the ladder in IT/Operations. Also guys please put some light on the oppurtunities which I can avail. Need inputs as I dnt want to waste much time on delaying the admissions. Waiting for early replies folks..

Regards.
Santosh.V
Santosh I am not sure the information I can provide would be of much help however since you said you are from electronics & interested in MBA IT/Operations you can apply for MBA as far as I know.

The first year of MBA usually has the stuff related to B.com degree like Commerce, economics, statistics so on. You will get to choose your stream of interest which is IT (not sure if anything like IT & operations is offered anywhere) only in the 2nd year of MBA, one Major & one Minor so some of the subjects will get dropped after first year

If you are interested in studying abroad you will need to prepare & write the relevant exams like GMAT & look for colleges that offer MBA IT.

If you have job experience of minimum 2 yrs, then premier institutes like XLRI, IIM-B or C (don't remember which IIM) offer 1yr fast track MBA courses, that means you will have 1 semester every 3 months.

If you still have doubts or questions I suggest you go to My Education Times & go to the Counselor Forum & you can post you specific query there & get your queries answered by a professional

@Raj what will happen to the Punto? will it sit in the garage till you return? Congratz btw

Hey Guys,

Can you help me with details about ICFAI institute. I would like to know if its a good choice to go ahead as Symbiosis is not accepting diploma holders for distant MBA. I would be glad if some one can put light on ICFAI institute. How is it in terms of value/is a degree from ICFAI having good value in corporate world? Please help me in understanding this..

Regards
Santosh.V

Guys, just to update this thread -

I have secured a place in Coventry University, UK. I got offer letters from some better Universities too, but due to many reasons, I chose Coventry over the others.

Thanks for your wishes and support.
Congratulations Buddy[clap]. So when do you have to join?

I am not sure about ICFAI if it still holds the significance as it used to hold before the issue broke out & it virtually got closed & the talk on it has kind of died down, however search about a bit on the net about ICFAI if its still being patronized by the students. I also suggest you look at IIPM or XLRI or Sikkim Manipal University or Sharada University as well. I don't know if they offer Distance education but you can take a look at these universities as they have good name

I am not sure about ICFAI if it still holds the significance as it used to hold before the issue broke out & it virtually got closed & the talk on it has kind of died down, however search about a bit on the net about ICFAI if its still being patronized by the students. I also suggest you look at IIPM or XLRI or Sikkim Manipal University or Sharada University as well. I don't know if they offer Distance education but you can take a look at these universities as they have good name
Thanks a ton for the reply Mate !!

Yeah am trying to gather details about ICFAI. Also am not in a position to attend any entrance exams. So according to you Sikkim Manipal is having good value is it??

Regards
Santosh.V

Guys, just to update this thread -

I have secured a place in Coventry University, UK. I got offer letters from some better Universities too, but due to many reasons, I chose Coventry over the others.

Thanks for your wishes and support.
Congrats Rajeev. Do you mind telling me the procedure you went through?

Currently even i am having work experience of yr and a half in Industry. So i was looking out for options of MBA in UK. Although i am preparing for GMAT, my job doesnt allow me to concentrate on studies which is further diminishing my chances of cracking GMAT.

Ha this is a nice thread for a change, Guys for all of you Congrats for selecting a course and have a wonderful career ahead, all the best :)

Thread Starter #24
Congratulations Buddy[clap]. So when do you have to join?
September 2012.

Congrats Rajeev. Do you mind telling me the procedure you went through?

Currently even i am having work experience of yr and a half in Industry. So i was looking out for options of MBA in UK. Although i am preparing for GMAT, my job doesnt allow me to concentrate on studies which is further diminishing my chances of cracking GMAT.
Sure. First of all, UK colleges dont require GMAT scores. They evaluate you based on your grades in school and college and you just have to get a good score in an English test called IELTS. TOEFL is another accepted test. Getting a score above 7.0 in IELTS is considered good. IELTS is quite easy for anyone from an English medium school.

Steps I followed :

1) Researched on the various colleges in UK and the courses they offered
2) Visited an UK counselor and told her the colleges I want to apply
3) Prepared the necessary documents -
a) All marksheets of school, college and graduation with leaving certificate
b) CV
c) Passport copy
d) 2 letters of recommendation (atleast one from college)
e) Statement of purpose
4) after the above documents are ready, I submitted them to the counselor who in turn applied to the colleges I had selected
5) After some days, I received a "conditional" offer letter
6) After receiving the COL, you are supposed to enrol for the IELTS/TOEFL test, but Coventry exempted me from this test (based on my scores), so I did not have to give any test. (This test costs Rs. 7200/-)
7) Transfer the first installment of fees to the college via electronic money transfer and also mail them your IELTS/TOEFL scores (not applicable in my case) and the college will send you an unconditional offer letter, also known as CAS (Conformance of Acceptance of Studies) which means you have secured a seat in the college. Without the CAS, you cannot apply for a Visa.
8) Now I am currently preparing for the Visa. you CANNOT apply for the Visa earlier than 3 months before the commencement of the course
9) My course starts on September 24th, so I cannot apply before June 24th. Before applying for Visa, there should be sufficient funds in my account. I am in the process for arranging that now.
10) Once that is done, I will apply for the Visa and start searching for accommodation in UK.

Hope this helped.

Thanks a ton for the reply Mate !!

Yeah am trying to gather details about ICFAI. Also am not in a position to attend any entrance exams. So according to you Sikkim Manipal is having good value is it??

Regards
Santosh.V
Well not according to me, but with the general talk about it. As I said dig around a bit on the internet for reviews about the universities & study what they offer, then only apply.

raj,

You want MBA degree just for the sake of a MBA stamp or you want to get placed in good co. after finishing it off. This will help me in giving more precise answer.

Guys i wish to work in a car showroom but i'm a PGDM (similar to MBA) Biotech student, bsc also i did in science...
Is there anyway to get into any such jobs
Any info in that field,sales or marketing

@Bobin:You can get the job damn easily,only you must impress the interviewers.

@Raj:
Have you got all your queries cleared?

Actually,to surprise you-I am also preparing for GMAT and have already solved the OG of 2011,yet to solve the one of 2012.
I have been preparing via Jamboree India

Rest since I am anti-job,so definitely I'll be using the skills developed in my own business.

Amazingly mine and yours interest fields are also same:Marketing and finance.
Why this?
Because people of my circle says "I am good at selling" and "Finance" is the field of my interest,even more than automobiles...

At last,I want to get your opinion on various colleges,you will be returning or staying there after your MBA in one year,but I'll be going there after two years.Till then I have a target of earning 30 lacs for my fee and all expenses(father gave a good start to my business)..so is this amount sufficient or one needs even more money(I am not talking of institutes like Cambridge etc)?

So are you planning to go to US or UK. And you would also need to prepare for TOFEL as well. And i guess for UK it is ILETS.

Top Bottom