Maruti Zen MPFI 2006 CNG Installation

Thread Starter #31
Update - Mileage - Highway Pune-Mumbai trip, Got 25 km/kg [:)] No ac - 5 people on board
Any idea how to hide the CNG tank in boot space? It is visible from back windshield.
Fixed - Added dark sun-film
add one more film layer at bottom of back windshield.
Thanks powerpacked

Thread Starter #32
Can anybody tell me how to remove the back seat? I want to remove seat covers.

Can anybody tell me how to remove the back seat? I want to remove seat covers.
Did you mean folding the seats or removing it completely.

The seats can be folded by the clamps on corner of seat, which have to be pulled up simultaneously so as to fold the rear seat, the factory fitted seat covers cannot be removed, as if you do so you will see the spongy material.

Thread Starter #34
Thanks mukesh. I want to remove added seat covers for washing.
I got another answer here on TAI after searching- [:)]
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/technical-zone/1056-rear-seat-removal.html

Suppose you have opened your rear left door,you are standing outside the car, now insert your right hand inside the gap between the seat(on which you sit) and the backrest(on which you lean your back) and hold the seat tight with your grip.

Now get your left hand below the left corner of the rear seat,just above the corner plastic mould on the small platform on which the rear seat is resting.You can insert only half of your fingers through that small gap.Now tightly grip the seat from below also.

Now pull the seat outwards and upwards with your both hands firmly,with a strong jerk.The corner spring-type pin of the seat will come out from the hole inside the platform below the seat on which it is resting.

Now repeat the same procedure on the rightside also, and take out the whole seat out.Now you can see the seatbelt buckles below it.There used to be holes on the seat at the end which matches with the backrest. Hope it is blocked due to your new seatcover installation(its a common mistake done by most seatcover installers).Now you have to cut the seat cover at the points where holes are present.But you have to again get the seatcover stitched around the corners of the holes ,cut by you so that the seatcover is firm on the seat.

Now insert the buckles through the holes.

Now you have to fix the seat to its previous position,firmly.For that first you have to insert the end ,through which you have inserted the buckles, below the backrest.Now you make the seat rest on the platform freely so that the corner spring-type pins are placed just above the holes on the platform,from where you have pulled them out.Now press the spring-type pin so that it bend little and enter the hole,repeat the same one-by-one on both sides.

Your job is done with the seat firmly in position and buckles visible over the seat at the corner between the seat and the backrest

Thread Starter #37
While driving when I shift gear car does not accelerate properly, only RPM increases and also the engine noise but car does not pick up,
Can any buddy know why so ? Clutch plate issue ?

While driving when I shift gear car does not accelerate properly, only RPM increases and also the engine noise but car does not pick up,
Can any buddy know why so ? Clutch plate issue ?
If this is happening on petrol too then it might be the clutch plate issue. But if car is behaving like this when only on gas then it might be the issue with timing advancer.

Thread Starter #39
Thanks, Happens with both petrol and CNG.
BTW way how much does clutch plate cost ?
I had changed clutch plate 2 years back, looks like zen clutch plates are not reliable.

Thanks, Happens with both petrol and CNG.
BTW way how much does clutch plate cost ?
I had changed clutch plate 2 years back, looks like zen clutch plates are not reliable.
Don't know about the cost of clutch plates. How many kms you done after clutch plate replacement? I have some friends who has done 70K kms and still going strong and some has replaced in 40 to 50K kms.

Hey i did not went through all the pages, but did you get it installed from Mumbai?, because i had converted my old esteem to LPG at suraj lpg bandra mumbai. Well wish you many happy and safe miles with your kit.

They did a very nice and neat job and the owner of suraj lpg used to frequently call me for taking updates on how the car is performing, he used to give me tips on every call and remind me to use the car on petrol every month atleast once. becuase cng/lpg miss the lubrication properties of petrol and may harm the pistons in long run.

not actually major but yes little bit let say if engine work need to be done at 1.8L KM then with CNG work will appear around 1.70L KM .

Just make sure you keep airfilter check this is only part which giveup early

Top Bottom