Maruti Wagon-R (2008) Ceramic Coating

Thread Starter #1
Hello All,

Hope you all doing well and this is my first post on this forum

Needed your advice for my query below.

I am currently having Wagonr which is almost 12 years old (Purchased in 2008)
I was just going through online and found ceramic coating for cars

I found feynlab and opticoat in Bangalore.

Do you think isit good to get ceramic coating for 12 yrs old car ?
How long will this sustain if i do it ?
How about the cost and which is the best in Bangalore ?

I am asking the above since i feel the color fade on my car is dull now and if this is the best option to do ?

Let me know if you guys have any other opinion on this

Attached is the few pics

Thanks,
Puneeth

Attachments

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
No need to spend so much on ceramic coating and that too on a 12 year old car in india. I think it will cost minimum 20k for any basic package.
If your watchmen cleans your car then forget even thinking about coating.

Download urban clap and get the full interior plus exterior package (costs around 1300rs for hatchback) they will dryclean the interiors and clean the exterior and polish.

If you haven't done any type of work on the exterior in 3-4 years ask the guy to wet sand the car too for which he will take 300-400rs. So in less than 2000rs you will get a clean car and spend the remaining 18k on other accessories or save it , your choice.

Do you think isit good to get ceramic coating for 12 yrs old car ?
Going by the snaps there is enough damage already done on the paint. There is no point in laminating the scratches now.

How long will this sustain if i do it ?
Depends on lot of factors
- Quality of 4M (Man, Material, Machine & Method)
- How well we maintain it (Covered parking, no over exposure to severe environment, care during wash, etc)

I am asking the above since i feel the color fade on my car is dull now and if this is the best option to do ?
Some scratches are beyond the repair limit. If you need the original shade and shine, re-coat is the best solution. After which you can consider ceramic coating.
Or if you are comfortable with anything better than current condition, get the basic paint correction.

Thread Starter #4
@allhyundaicars @Mr.Boss thanks for all your inputs.
Yeah i even checked Urban clap and saw complete car spa at doorstep costs just 1200rs for a hatchback. Better to get this done and keep the car clean and tidy with regular wash

@Mr.Boss May I know what exactly is Re-coat or basic paint correction ? Isit one and the same and this can be done at authorized Maruti suzuki service centre ? what might be cost approx

@Mr.Boss May I know what exactly is Re-coat or basic paint correction ? Isit one and the same and this can be done at authorized Maruti suzuki service centre ? what might be cost approx
Taking reference of various scratch levels
Scratches.jpg

Describing with layman terms,
Paint correction - Filling the minor scratches (Level 1A) on the clear coat, by rubbing the surrounding are of clear coat (sometimes people go to an extent, shave off the clear coat until level 1B so that the scratch is removed)
Re-coat - Remove the existing clear coat & some extent of original paint to fill the scratches (Level 2), apply a fresh coat of paint and clear coat.
Hope this makes sense.

Yes, it can be done at MS service centre, but like you said already the cost will be atleast 2 folds higher then getting it done from a FNG.

Thread Starter #6
Taking reference of various scratch levels
View attachment 281755
Describing with layman terms,
Paint correction - Filling the minor scratches (Level 1A) on the clear coat, by rubbing the surrounding are of clear coat (sometimes people go to an extent, shave off the clear coat until level 1B so that the scratch is removed)
Re-coat - Remove the existing clear coat & some extent of original paint to fill the scratches (Level 2), apply a fresh coat of paint and clear coat.
Hope this makes sense.

Yes, it can be done at MS service centre, but like you said already the cost will be atleast 2 folds higher then getting it done from a FNG.
thank you :) much appreciated for the detailed explanation :)

Top Bottom