Maruti to ramp up production

Thread Starter #1
NEW DELHI: Maruti Suzuki India Ltd.(MSIL) will ramp up production by about 10 per cent or nearly 1.10 lakh units a month from next month, taking its annual production to 13 lakh units in 2011-12 to meet the growing demand, company Chairman R. C. Bhargava said here on Thursday.

Addressing presspersons, Mr. Bhargava said the carmaker expected its highest-ever monthly sales in September, with a growth of 32-33 per cent compared to the same month last year.

Interestingly, MSIL reported its highest-ever monthly sales of over 1.04-lakh units in August. Its share of the Indian car market at the end of August was 51.8 per cent against 53.2 per cent recorded in the previous fiscal year and 55.1 per cent in 2008-09.

On the waiting period for MSIL cars, Mr. Bhargava said: “We continue to have waiting list. Barring M800, A-Star and Estilo, all cars have some amount of waiting... Swift DZiRE sedan and multi-purpose vehicle Eeco have the longest waiting period,” he added.

Source:Hindu

This is a news for me! Eeco has long waiting periods. That makes me wonder why Versa was a failure!

This is a news for me! Eeco has long waiting periods. That makes me wonder why Versa was a failure!
The Versa was positioned as a lifestyle vehicle, not a van, and used to cost nearly 2 lakh more than the eeco.

Barghava left out SX4.

Sounds good, but I guess they should have increased their capacity to at-least 25 to 30% oh also, they must make their vehicles more tough and solid. I personally find that the Swift, Dzire, Zen, SZ4 etc etc, are built very weak and even a small Bicycle kiss would leave a dent on the car body, which I feel really poor. If its because of the Cost factor, come on Maruti, I don't think anyone would mind paying a few more thousands extra for a strongly built vehicle. I have heard that the new Swift is more stronger in terms of build and has good quality bits in it which is definitely one of the top priority of today's buyer,and hope their upcoming big cat, the Kizashi is also built as strong as a Corolla at-least! :please:

Thread Starter #6
Yeah i agree with you! One of my friend having a Swift had to replace the entire rear bumper after a biker smashed it from behind! All Maruti cars lack the tough build quality of a TATA ,FIAT or Mahindra!

I think the Kizashi have a good build quality , lets hope for the best!

Yeah i agree with you! One of my friend having a Swift had to replace the entire rear bumper after a biker smashed it from behind! All Maruti cars lack the tough build quality of a TATA ,FIAT or Mahindra!

I think the Kizashi have a good build quality , lets hope for the best!
Yes Indeed. I like the toughness of Mahindra and Tata cars as they use thick Sheet Metal to dress up their vehicles which is really required for Indian scenario. I somewhat feel that Maruti take their customers for granted and are only interested to make a new car and sell them as they think that buyers are only looking for Brand name Maruti and no one cares for Quality..Wake up Maruti- Your Customers are now looking for ''Quality''. I am personally not happy with the Build quality of Maruti cars as I am already using a Swift Dzire VDI and believe me, just a hard press with your hand on the boot or other areas like the doors,etc, the sheet metal gets pressed leaving a ugly deformed shape..This is just a confidence killer and there are few more points which are now diverting my mind to other car's. Even the other competitors like the VW Polo, Punto, I20 etc, are well built and the quality is much much better than any of the Maruti's...My next vehicle would be an SUV for sure, just waiting few more months to see some of the best launches lined up in 2011 [clap]

Top Bottom