Maruti To Launch Dzire Regal To Take on Honda Amaze

Thread Starter #1
MUMBAI: A day after Honda Motor introduced its much-awaited compact sedan Amaze, India's largest carmaker Maruti Suzuki hit back with Regal, a new variant of its fast-selling Dzire.

The limited edition 'Regal' variant is priced at Rs 5.60 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi), and is available only in petrol. People close to the development said the car will hit the showroom in the next few days.

Regal comes in a new serene blue colour, leather upholstery, advanced music system, rear parking sensor, body-coloured electronically adjustable ORVMs (outside rear view mirror) with a silver coloured front grill.

"Maruti Suzuki is very responsive to competitive market environment. We have seen it in the past... Regal variant is just another example of how nimble the company can be when it comes to reacting to competition," said a person close to the developments in Maruti, but didn't want to be identified.

He also added that Regal is a five-year anniversary edition, and has been ready for a while, but the company wanted to time its release with the launch of Amaze.

It's not unusual for Maruti to introduce new variants close to the launch of new products from rivals. It had come out with a new variant of Alto called 'Xplore' when Hyundai Motor India launched its entry-level car Eon in 2011.

Maruti Suzuki sold 15,000 units of Dzire a month in FY13, selling 1,69,571 units a year, and its sales hit a peak of 18,000 units in March this year. Since its launch, the carmaker has sold close to 5.30 lakh Dzire sedans, and it still has a waiting period on some variants ranging 4-8 weeks. The company still has an order book of 40,000 Dzires.

Meanwhile, Honda is gearing up with a capacity of 5,000 units a month and has already got bookings of over 6,500 units, with the new model running into a waiting period of two months. Experts feel, with highly aggressive pricing, Honda is expected to capture at least 20-25% of the overall market in the coming year.

While Amaze may eat into Dzire sales, it will also hit other brands like Toyota Etios, Chevrolet Sail and Tata Manza, said experts.

"The brand equity of Dzire is very strong, plus the reach of Maruti Suzuki is unmatched. Amaze may eat into Dzire volumes, but the impact on Dzire may not be more than several thousands," said an analyst with a domestic brokerage house, requesting anonymity.

Maruti to launch Dzire's variant Regal at Rs 5.60 lakh to take on Honda's Amaze - The Economic Times

Re: Maruti to launch Dzire's variant Regal at Rs 5.60 lakh to take on Honda's Amaze

Honda is the way to go. I don't think launching a petrol model with added gizmos will help in sales!
I believe the time of Honda has begun with the new diesel engine! [:)]

I don't think that move will click for Maruti with just a petrol model, people are slowly coming out of that Maruti magic bag and started looking at other choice like Sail and Amaze, so I feel it is a tough time for Maruti from now either in hatch back or entry level sedans[:)]

I feel If Maruti need to keep safe Dezire's sales figure, then they have to reduce their cost cutting and add some more features to their low end variants like Ldi/Lxi and Vdi/Vxi and make it more VFM.

Yet another Special/Limited edition from MS. Chrome Grill (fitted as accessory) will be part of standard package(???).

Maruti hits back to Honda's Amaze with a petrol model ! well that's news. With most of the sound bytes around Honda's diesel mill not sure who at Maruti gave this idea but one thing is for certain with this news.
Maruti is worried and has every reason to be so -- unless Honda does something terribly foolish (like artificially inflating demand or raising the price like Renault).

Yes buddy, Maruti is worried defenately with sail sedan 7000 bookings and Amaze 6000+ bookings[:)]. Now real fun will start and I think this is the best game for buyers who are looking for a entry level sedan

This clearly shows panic struck at the right place.

Knee jerk reactions could back fire.

Launching a petrol version with minor touch ups and projecting it as the answer to competition is not so striking.

4th and 5th paras of the press report do not match.

Honda did the right thing by targeting the market leader head on unlike Toyota or Nissan (as both were targeting Manza at the time of respective launches)

Maruti launches Dzire Regal

In celebration of the Dzire’s fifth anniversary, Maruti has launched the limited edition Dzire Regal. The new trim will only be available on the VXi petrol spec and comes with updates to its interiors and exteriors, with no changes to the engine options.

The Dzire Regal is available with a new Serene Blue paint shade, body graphics, a silver-finish treatment to the upper and lower grille, fog lamps and wing mirrors, parking sensors and body-coloured mud flaps.

The cabin also gets the ZXi trim's integrated audio system with tweeters and auto volume control, wood inserts on the armrests, stainless-steel door sills, beige faux leather cushions and embroidered seat covers, leather-wrapped steering wheel cover, beige floor mats and a car perfume. However, there is no auto climate control.

The updated interiors and exteriors should further the Dzire's appeal in the market and help it take on the recently launched Honda Amaze. The Dzire Regal is on sale with a price tag of Rs 5.95 lakh (ex-showroom, Mumbai).

Maruti launches Dzire Regal | News | Autocar India

Attachments

350Z

Core Team
This move is clearly more about pushing the sales of petrol variant than targeting Honda Amaze. From the images, it doesn’t look so regal with excess use of silver (A Dzire with braces. Eh?). :biggrin:

Drive Safe,
350Z

Hahahaha, I am surprised a bit after looking at this pic on what Maruti is trying with this model[surprise]

1st gen Dzire was really good
2nd gen sub 4 meter was also bit ok, but looked almost like a new Swift attached with a tiny boot at rear
This special petrol edition is really overdone and not at all appealing to me and on the other hand Amaze and Sail look very decent

Hahahaha, I am surprised a bit after looking at this pic on what Maruti is trying with this model[surprise]

1st gen Dzire was really good
2nd gen sub 4 meter was also bit ok, but looked almost like a new Swift attached with a tiny boot at rear
This special petrol edition is really overdone and not at all appealing to me and on the other hand Amaze and Sail look very decent
Some Indians still prefer the bling bling! [frustration]

Top Bottom