Maruti SX4 Diesel Now Available at Rs.7.74 Lacs

Status
Not open for further replies.
re: Maruti SX4 Diesel; Now launched at 7.74 lacs

ilango[speed thirst];67924 said:
this sx4 diesel must be done about 4 years back. maruti is late!
well maruti is never late for anything as whatever whenever they launch is going to sell in good numbers with long loooooong waitlist.Same is what i am expecting for sx4D as well.

Thread Starter #63

350Z

Core Team
re: Maruti SX4 Diesel; Now launched at 7.74 lacs

Gone are those days when only Maruti excelled in the field of long waitlist for their cars. Though they still are a renowned brand in small car segment of India, but for Luxury products, they are facing hard times. The SX4 is a great sedan but due their incorrect pricing / lack of oomph factor / lack of Diesel made it a not so very popular buy in recent times. By the way, new launch date of SX4 Diesel is now Februrary 22nd, 2011.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Maruti SX4 Diesel launched.

daaa.JPG

Maruti Suzuki India Limited has finally launched the SX4 diesel. The car is available in two variants, VDi and ZDi. An exclusive ZDi variant is also on the variant list which comes with leather upholstery. Unlike the petrol sibling the diesel heart boasts an ARAI tested FE of whopping 21.5kmpl.

The SX4 diesel also gets new name ‘Super Turbo’ for its engine. Below are the technical specifications of the SX4 Diesel.

Engine: 16V DOHC
Cylinder: 4
No. of Valves: 16
Displacement: 1248
Max Power: 90PS @ 4000rpm
Max Torque: 200Nm @ 1750rpm

Fuel Economy (ARAI Tested): 21.5kmpl

Price: 7.74 - 8.62lacs (Ex.showroom)

Last edited:
Re: Maruti SX4 Diesel; Now launched at 7.74 lacs

Hmmm great the only drawback i saw in SX4 was its FE , now that has also been rectified! But any exteriors changes or modifications?

Hmmm great the only drawback i saw in SX4 was its FE , now that has also been rectified! But any exteriors changes or modifications?
Exactly; but I have heard that the new SX4's ground clearance is reduced. I am not sure about this; any idea?[roll]

There is another ZDI leather variant which is approximately 9.1L ex showroom.
Is it just me or this car is expensive?
Inferior quality to Linea, Lesser features and same engine and similar price?
Vento has a better engine so not comparing with that right now.

Nevertheless, it has a MS brand tag so in any case will sell more than the Linea :D

LATE, LATE, LATE, i had waited for this car for so many years.now it comes after i had booked for the vento dh. well its better late than never. but i will go for the vento.

Last edited by a moderator:
Official Press Release of Maruti Suzuki SX4 Diesel

Chennai, 22nd February, 2011: Car market leader Maruti Suzuki India Limited, today unveiled its much awaited SX4 Diesel. The SX4 Diesel is cleaner and more fuel efficient than all comparable cars in its class and will be offered in three variants: VDi; ZDi and ZDi (with leather upholstery).

The Super Turbo DDiS engine mounted on the SX4, delivers 90PS of peak power at 4000rpm. The engine offers a maximum torque of 200Nm at 1750rpm, which is comparable to higher capacity engines in competing cars. To the customer this implies excellent response and acceleration. The high torque at lower rpm levels makes SX4 Diesel highly suited for city driving conditions as well. At the same time, the Super Turbo engine, with a linear acceleration curve, provides a consistent and smooth drive.

The SX4 Diesel offers an impressive fuel efficiency of 21.5 Kilometres per litre (certified as per CMVR rules). This is 8 per cent more than comparable cars.

This is the first car in the country to be certified as ‘OBD-2’ compliant. OBD refers to On Board Diagnostics. OBD-2 informs the customer of any malfunction in the emission control system which may be leading to undue increase in exhaust emissions.

At the launch, Mr. Shinzo Nakanishi, Managing Director & CEO, Maruti Suzuki said, “SX4 with a Diesel engine is one of the most attractive cars in the upper A3 segment. With the changed urban landscape, suburbs have become an integral part of cities and people travel long distances. The new age diesel technology as offered by the SX4 Super Turbo Diesel is high on power and performance while being low on emissions. SX4 Diesel offers an economical and punchier ride.”

Expressing confidence in the SX4 Diesel he added, “We expect the SX4 diesel to repeat the success of our other diesel offerings and strengthen the Maruti Suzuki portfolio”.

In the last four years, Maruti Suzuki has mounted diesel engines on Swift, Dzire and Ritz. All of them have been runaway successes. The SX4 Super Turbo expands and strengthens the Maruti Suzuki portfolio.

Incidentally, SX4 is the only popular sedan in the country to sport petrol, CNG and now a diesel variant.

Innovations, big and small, help to enhance the life of the engine, provide instant power and reduce emissions in the SX4 Diesel.

What makes SX4 Diesel most fuel efficient in its class

• Variable Geometry Turbocharger delivers higher efficiency and reduced emissions, besides instant power. Depending on requirement, the vanes in the turbocharger change their angle to provide optimum air flow. This optimizes efficiency across the engine rpm range.
• The high pressure fuel injection system delivers fuel at upto 1600bars. The high pressure pump has an in-built flow control mechanism to improve efficiency, while adding power.
• The high pressure pump, fitted on the engine, is equipped with an in-built ‘flow control mechanism’, further improving fuel utilisation.
• The Super Turbo DDiS engine uses lower viscosity engine oil (SAE 5W40), which enhances lubrication for smoother running.
• The Super Turbo engine is controlled through a remapped ECU which continuously communicates between the engine and the user.
What innovative features in SX4 Diesel enhance customer experience
• Adequate noise suppressants improve the NVH performance and make the cabin silent and comforting.
• The suspension and brakes of the SX4 Diesel Super Turbo have been suitably modified to account for the heavier engine and the changed weight distribution of the car.
• The engine has been calibrated for drive pleasure and offers excellent acceleration of 0-100 km in just 14.5 seconds.

The Super Turbo DDiS engine will be manufactured at Suzuki Powertrain India Limited, the Manesar-based joint venture of Suzuki Motor Corporation, Japan and Maruti Suzuki India Limited. This joint venture manufactures diesel engines for Swift, DZire & Ritz and has an annual capacity of 300,000 units.

Price details for Maruti SX4 Diesel

VDi - Rs 7.77 (ex showroom, delhi)
ZDi - Rs 8.62 (ex showroom, delhi)

That's great news for Maruti Suzuki SX4 lovers. Maruti Suzuki SX4 is affordable sedan in the Indian automotive market.

So me and my Dad went to S.K.Wheels today evening @8:20pm. Though they didn't have the demo car ready(We also didn't forced him; obviously the showroom was closed; but the guy was really a good person and answered all our questions in spite of he getting late)

Nways back to the point; he told the car has 2months waiting from the date of booking. However he told that only single 'Silver SX4 ZDi' was there in the stock; if we wanted.

So here are the onroad prices; Navi Mumbai. (MH 43)
SX4 VDi: 8,72,463/-
SX4 ZDi: 9,65,980/-
[:D]

Thread Starter #74

350Z

Core Team
Maruti Suzuki has attempted to keep the pricing of SX4 Diesel in check but I would still not term it as the most value for money car around. Until and unless they understand their competitors and the expectations of target audience, really not much is going to work out. Hoping for a good looking completely revamped version sometime soon.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom