Maruti Swift VXi With 185 Tyres + 15" MGA Alloys: Any Major Side Effects?

Thread Starter #1
Wanted to buy Swift. But don't need bells and whistles of Zxi. The Vxi is good with me. However, there's a big sore point - 185 section tyres with 15 inch alloys come only from Zxi and above. My question is, if I buy Vxi and upgrade tyres to 185 section along with 15 inch MGA rims, would it give a wrong odometer reading and also hurt suspension, scrape the sidewall, etc. What could be the side effects?

I am assuming nothing would happen since top model Swift can take 185, 15 inch alloys, any other Swift variant would be compatible. Or is it like Zxi ground clearance and suspension is done differently to accommodate 185 65 R15?

Please help clear doubts.

Wanted to buy Swift. But don't need bells and whistles of Zxi. The Vxi is good with me. However, there's a big sore point - 185 section tyres with 15 inch alloys come only from Zxi and above. My question is, if I buy Vxi and upgrade tyres to 185 section along with 15 inch MGA rims, would it give a wrong odometer reading and also hurt suspension, scrape the sidewall, etc. What could be the side effects?

I am assuming nothing would happen since top model Swift can take 185, 15 inch alloys, any other Swift variant would be compatible. Or is it like Zxi ground clearance and suspension is done differently to accommodate 185 65 R15?

Please help clear doubts.
To my knowledge R15 alloys can be accommodated with any variant of Swift. My suggestion would be buy Zxi since you would loose many of the features like,
1. Key less entry - Technically im not much aware of it but i feel it is useful to get in an out of car and really useful in opening rear hatch through electronic button when we go for purchasing monthly provisions.
2. Rear rain wiper - My take on this, it is really needed during rainy days either you are on Highways or in City traffic
3. Electronic ORVM - This is most useful when im driving in Bumper to Bumper traffic where bike riders try to zip through narrow gaps
4. Automatic climate control- This option is not mandatory since most of the time i do manual temp. adjustment.
5. Rear 60: 40 split seats are useful during long drives to carry more luggage if only one person is occupying the rear seat.
6. Recently i have driven my colleagues Swift VXI to check the steering vibration in his car i didn't quite like it, i felt like i was driving sub- standard variant.
When he has driven my Swift Zxi, he was impressed and said that he feels he is in Premium car.
7. When we have planned to purchase car, our eyes were on VXi (Then VXI doesnt have aribags and ABS as standard) and my close friend has suggested me to buy Zxi since there was only difference of 50K. Then when we changed the plan to Zxi, facial expressions of Sales advisor has changed since has was pushing us to add more of accessories which was costing totally of 30 to 35K. I feel personally that dealers would make more profit by selling Vxi versions.

I dont regret after purchasing Zxi. My preference is always go for higher version if you don't bother about 50 to 60K difference but the perception differs from one to the others.
All the very best in selecting the variant and purchasing your car. Please do an PDI before the vehicle is handed over to you.

Cheers,
Naveen

Thread Starter #4
To my knowledge R15 alloys can be accommodated with any variant of Swift. My suggestion would be buy Zxi...
Thank you for the perspective. Apologies for the late reply. I have been thinking about the same. It reinforces my belief that with stretching the budget a bit, the top model is actually worth it.

Top Bottom