Maruti Swift VDi Vibrating in First Gear

Thread Starter #1
hi friends,
I have swift vdi which is 4.5 year old and ran around 55120 km. I want to ask you a question about of swift vdi. In the morning i start the car and kept it 2 min idle to warm up engine than put tne reserve gear release the clutch than the car come back after that i put the first gear and than while releasing the clutch the car vibrated more and after that i put the second gear and than i release the clutch the vibration does not occur at that time if speed is low the vibration occur and after that in whole day when engine is hot or warm the vibration does not occur while releasing the clutch at any speed which is low or high. Please tell what should happen in a car or what is problem or is clutch is damaged. Please reply.

hi friends,
I have swift vdi which is 4.5 year old and ran around 55120 km. I want to ask you a question about of swift vdi. In the morning i start the car and kept it 2 min idle to warm up engine than put tne reserve gear release the clutch than the car come back after that i put the first gear and than while releasing the clutch the car vibrated more and after that i put the second gear and than i release the clutch the vibration does not occur at that time if speed is low the vibration occur and after that in whole day when engine is hot or warm the vibration does not occur while releasing the clutch at any speed which is low or high. Please tell what should happen in a car or what is problem or is clutch is damaged. Please reply.
Did you notice the RPM when the vibration occurs ? You can check your engine mounts too with a mechanic. Just a thought Swift owners can chime in to help you more on this.

Last edited:
hi friends,
I would suggest a clutch overhaul would fix the issue, ask the SA to check for the clutch wear and then do a clutch overhaul, sometimes it requires a change soon if you are a regular clutch user/clutch driving user and this would be 90% of the chance for the vibration which u meant

Thread Starter #5
hi,
today i went to MASS to show the car and SA saw my car and told there was oil leak below the air filter box and he told they replace part of clutch cylinder assembly and bearing, input shaft and gear oil. If clutch plate is damaged they also change clutch cover assembly,clutch disc comp,flywheel comp. They quoted me charge of spare parts is Rs 9099 and labour is Rs 2200 the car does not drop a pick up as well as average (fuel effeiciency) than i showed the car to local garage the mechaine or garage walla told to change only clutch cylinder assesmbly and gear oil and he quoted me charge of Rs 4000 and labour Rs 1500. Now tell me where should i replace the parts at MASS or local garage. Please tell me

Hi Brijesh,

check with other service centre and local mechanic (may b 2 or 3) then see difference.
dont confuse sometimes mechanics are not that qualified to identify the problem. And without knowledge do not allow them to open the clutch assembly (gear box).
I will suggest you to if you have a good mechanic then go for it otherwise service centre will be the good option.

Regards,
Adi

I would suggest you to take your car to some known mechanic. He will surely guide in right path. I think MASS have already started looting people. But this could be other way around where local mechanic is not able to identify the problem correctly and suggesting only half rectification. SO as suggested please consult to more than 1 mechanic and then decide.

Thread Starter #8
hi
today i went to shetty motor and ask him to show a good mechaine and he showed me a good mechaine and i told him the problem of the car and to bring the car and i will take a car on monday or if he identify the problem should i do the work from him or not . I trust on shetty motor they will not do wrong work to me and i will be their in front of them while doing work . Please tell me should do the work or not

It's because of loose engine mounts. I also experienced the same in my Manza which has the same engine.
I took it to my known trusted mechanic and he just tightened the engine mounts and now the car does not vibrate even a little.

hi
today i went to shetty motor and ask him to show a good mechaine and he showed me a good mechaine and i told him the problem of the car and to bring the car and i will take a car on monday or if he identify the problem should i do the work from him or not . I trust on shetty motor they will not do wrong work to me and i will be their in front of them while doing work . Please tell me should do the work or not
Your issue resolved?
I am facing same problem in my Swift Dzire VDI.

My Swift 2018 having the same problem. Only 5500km done in almost 1 year of purchase. I already visited to the Maruti Agency here at Mohali. They told me to start the engine and wait for 2 mins before driving the car. I did the same but still I am getting this problem. Also while breaking there is a weird squeaky noise coming from tyres every morning I drive the car.
Is it damaged clutch plates? I am driving car from 8-9 years. Earlier I was having Alto 2013 model. In that car I never got this problem. And swift 2018 is my second car. Please guide me to fix this problem. Thanks

Top Bottom