Maruti Swift VDi 2014 | Rockstar | Vitara Brezza Gear Knob Swap

Thread Starter #1
Hi Friends,

I have Recently swapped my swift's quiet damaged OEM Gear knob to a Vitara Brezza Type Knob as a DIY[:)]. And the results are quiet amazing.

Flashback:

Went to MGP Store one day for buying a new replacement gear knob for my swift as it was a long pending one. they showed me the swifts original knob and it costed 378/-,
And as i saw a swift owner on team bhp forum fitted a ciaz/ baleno and vitara brezza type knob and it looked awesome suited well with the swift, So i too asked for the same and they said that currently it is not available the parts are in transit and it will be available within the next 2 days. And visited 2 days later bought the knob it costed me 330/- And quality of the product was awesome the grooves in it are very comfy and grippy.

Now coming to the instructions on how to fit it:

1. Remove the surrounding panel of the gearknob
2. Pull the Leather Upholstery cover on the knob after taking it off
3. Keep a Flat headed Screw driver between the knob and the silver bushing and push the knob upwards
4. Coil the Leather Upholstery well within the white bushing
5. Place your new knob into the T groove and push it firmly into the groove and confirm it twice and fix the leather panel back to its place
6. And then Refit the plastic panel back to its place and the installation is finished, Enjoy Gearing Buddies [:)].

Tools required for the installation:

1. Flat headed screw
2. New Replacement gear knob

Thats it.

Now Basically its gonna be a Image Explanation but i have took a video on how to replace the Gear knob and posted it in my channel i'll attach that so that would be even more easy for any others who want to change the same.

was that red light OBDii device ? Which one are you using for your swift .
I am having Swift VDi 2012( without ABS). will it work my swift

Thread Starter #4
was that red light OBDii device ? Which one are you using for your swift .
I am having Swift VDi 2012( without ABS). will it work my swift
Hi GSM,

Yes its a OBD II Device only Its a Nitro OBD Power increase device And it works absolutely perfect, It Costed me 589/- From Aliexpress. Mine is a 2014 swift VDi Without ABS And it works absolutely fine in all car with or without ABS[:)].

Hi Friends,

I have Recently swapped my swift's quiet damaged OEM Gear knob to a Vitara Brezza Type Knob as a DIY[:)]. And the results are quiet amazing.
Hello friend,
This is great. Last month I also replaced the gear knob in mine Swift VDi as well as the chrome of the Swift's gear knob was gone in like 4-5 months and was looking for a decent gear knob ever since.
I was not impressed by the aftermarket gear knobs available online and in accessories stores and I when I saw the new Baleno's gear knob I asked the Maruti stockist and in 5-7 days got it installed in the Swift.

It definitely gives the feeling of a premium car.

Ankur

Thread Starter #6
Hello friend,
This is great. Last month I also replaced the gear knob in mine Swift VDi as well as the chrome of the Swift's gear knob was gone in like 4-5 months and was looking for a decent gear knob ever since.
I was not impressed by the aftermarket gear knobs available online and in accessories stores and I when I saw the new Baleno's gear knob I asked the Maruti stockist and in 5-7 days got it installed in the Swift.

It definitely gives the feeling of a premium car.

Ankur
Hi Buddy,

Thats awesome, the Swifts Knob has very Short Lifetime Period, I mean the Paint Work. But As you said the Vitara Brezza Knob has a very premium, and slick sort of look and shift to it.

Hi buddy,
It will sound silly but while fixing the windscreen washer nozzles throw I accidentally broke the pin inside one of the nozzle [frustration].
I bought the nozzles from Maruti stockist but I don't know how I can replace it. Can you share some light on it. :help:

Thread Starter #8
Hi buddy,
It will sound silly but while fixing the windscreen washer nozzles throw I accidentally broke the pin inside one of the nozzle [frustration].
I bought the nozzles from Maruti stockist but I don't know how I can replace it. Can you share some light on it. :help:
Hi Bro,

Actually i don't have any idea on it, but i'll Check and get back to you possibly by tomorrow morning [:)].

Hi Bro,

Actually i don't have any idea on it, but i'll Check and get back to you possibly by tomorrow morning [:)].
Thanks buddy for trying,

I gave a try this morning and got it right.

Replacing Windscreen washer nozzle.
1. Open the bonnet.
2. Open the four plastic rivets just below the windshield drain.
3. Pop out the windshield washer nozzle with the help of flat-end screwdriver.
4. Remove the connecting water pipe.
5. Place the new nozzle and fasten the water pipe by slipping fingers under the windscreen drain.
6. Fasten the plastic rivets and adjust the water throw using a pin, carefully this time :lol!:

Hi GSM,

Yes its a OBD II Device only Its a Nitro OBD Power increase device And it works absolutely perfect, It Costed me 589/- From Aliexpress. Mine is a 2014 swift VDi Without ABS And it works absolutely fine in all car with or without ABS[:)].
Thank you FordFiesta. Can you please mention the link for device you purchased from aliexpress. there are tons of devices under the same name.

Thread Starter #11
Thread Starter #12
Thanks buddy for trying,

I gave a try this morning and got it right.

Replacing Windscreen washer nozzle.
1. Open the bonnet.
2. Open the four plastic rivets just below the windshield drain.
3. Pop out the windshield washer nozzle with the help of flat-end screwdriver.
4. Remove the connecting water pipe.
5. Place the new nozzle and fasten the water pipe by slipping fingers under the windscreen drain.
6. Fasten the plastic rivets and adjust the water throw using a pin, carefully this time :lol!:
Hi Karanwal,

You Did a awesome job bro, I really do Appreciate you DIY[clap], And I too Did my DIY On Engine Air Filter and Cabin Air Filter Gonna Start Writing a DIY thread on it now[:)], Know That there is a lot of DIY's On the Filter Replacement Especially Anuraag's but i want to share my Experience too so yeah gonna start one.

Thread Starter #14
Cool bro, awesome did my DIY thread helped you?, And saw the difference in steering wheel and armpad leather wrapped, it was awesome were did you do that and hope much did it costed you?

One of my friend bought Baleno in July and as soon as I saw the gear knob in his car I immediately asked my MGP stockist to get me one and within 10 days swapped it with the old one. I thought to share pic of mine as well. I saw your post and no doubt it is very descriptive and will help everyone.
About the leather wraps, I got them from Palika Bhavan, Delhi. The steering wheel costed 2200/- and armpads on all four door panels hammered another 3500/- to the pocket.
And believe me it is an awesome feeling when you grab the steering wheel, the good part is it doesn't get too hot as the art-leather cover used to be when the ride is parked under direct sun.

Top Bottom