Maruti Swift VDi - 20 Months / 20,000 Kms Review

Thread Starter #31
I am back home. The car is certainly smoother now. Thankfully everything worked out well. Here is the bill which turned out to be 6.5k after discount.

bill.jpg

The petes kit is really expensive & i think 75bhp is enough for driving in city here, as some areas have bad roads & a lot of traffic! Remus catback... hehe i am not sure .
Great job there on keeping the car in such lovely form Shonty! Really loved looking at it. I would go with gears1313, black out the headlight housing. It will add more oomph!

Anyway many congratulations on keeping it like that[:)]
Hi guys. Finally got sometime for the pending 20000km service. Am at the service center now & the tech guy just took my car & gave me an estimate of 7k!! !
@ shonty your car tempt s me to call it Indian minicooper. Congrats.

How do you justify buying a diesel car with 1000 km/month running, that too in city.Diesel car is justified if running is more than 1500 to 1800 km/month atleast.
I mean the petrol car was cheaper by Rs 75000, also petrol cars are better city rides (pickup ,handling, no turbo lag, lesser maintenance)

I do not know much about petes, but the 'dieseltronics' tuning kit can be fitted without voiding warranties. It can be tuned for city drive (better pickup, fe) with help of remote control provided along with.

Last edited:
How do you justify buying a diesel car with 1000 km/month running, that too in city.Diesel car is justified if running is more than 1500 to 1800 km/month atleast.
I mean the petrol car was cheaper by Rs 75000, also petrol cars are better city rides (pickup ,handling, no turbo lag, lesser maintenance)
Well if option was 1000 km of city driving per month diesel swift over petrol swift is obvious answer,as petrol swift lacks low end torque & it becomes a clutch accelerator dance in traffic so diesel swift is a better stress free option,if your a good handling race driving oriented person or have less than 850/650 km per month usage then petrol swift would be the one to go for. But other petrol cars like santro,wagon R,Alto,i10 are good city petrol cars.

Do you mean to say there is no turbo lag felt in diesel swift at stop go traffic and especially at the time of slow speed but quick overtaking in city traffic?

I t is always annoying to stay behind a slow moving 3 wheeler goods carrier, due to not being able to overtake for want of turbo power (bellow 1700 rpm).

Last edited:
Petrol swift you have to rev a bit & balance the clutch to get it moving in first gear & if you slow down for a speed breaker no way you can get away in 2nd gear(its tall geared it red lines at 90km/hr odd) unlike the diesel with has better torque( with presumably shorter gearing) than the petrol swift.Which is why you will notice petrol swift owner when changing there complete exhaust choose the 4-2-1 configuration for better low end torque where stock one has 4-1 config. I use both Petrol & diesel swift/Ritz almost everyday.

As for the 3 wheeler overtake at low speeds ya the petrol does fly well if the car is in motion & quite enjoyable with good feel,its only when you stop & go the petrol swift is a headache,i am guessing something like what one complaints in the Jazz which should have a more effective vtec.

Top Bottom