Maruti Swift Torque Blue VDi DDiS: The Glistening Rockstar Enters Home

Re: The Rockstar Enters Home: Maruti Suzuki Swift VDi

I am also thinking of ordering one from PayTM (costs 550 only! [lol]) for a similar product which is shown in all websites.

I will wait for you to get it fitted and will proceed after your opinion on its effectiveness. Do write a DIY thread if you fit it yourself, will be very useful.

Thread Starter #32
I am also thinking of ordering one from PayTM (costs 550 only! [lol]) for a similar product which is shown in all websites.

I will wait for you to get it fitted and will proceed after your opinion on its effectiveness. Do write a DIY thread if you fit it yourself, will be very useful.
I too know that ice wise that the armrest is available online but i wanted it to fit it urgently so that i bought it directly. and sure i am going to fit the armrest by 06/01/16 and i'll attach the ppics of it and write my opinion asap[:)].

Friends need some suggestion in my swifts car mods

1. thinking of fitting dieseltronic in my swift is it good and is it helpful
2. Also thinking of fitting DRLs in swift will it look good and if so were can i fit it (attaching a front picture of my car)
3. Decided to fit reverse parking camera what should i do for display should i go for irvm mount display or i should fit it seperatly in dashboard ie. monitor.
4. And finally should i change the rear number plate lighting to white bulb from yellow or leave it as it is.

Suggestions required

Friends need some suggestion in my swifts car mods

1. thinking of fitting dieseltronic in my swift is it good and is it helpful
2. Also thinking of fitting DRLs in swift will it look good and if so were can i fit it (attaching a front picture of my car)
3. Decided to fit reverse parking camera what should i do for display should i go for irvm mount display or i should fit it seperatly in dashboard ie. monitor.
4. And finally should i change the rear number plate lighting to white bulb from yellow or leave it as it is.

Suggestions required
1. Dieseltronic is a sure-shot way of getting a bump in power. It costs ~20k I think but is worth every penny. Since you are keeping the car for long, it would be good to get a DT box for your Swift.

2. Which type of DRLs? Cheap ebay.in DRLs are of 2 types - COB strip or LEDs. COB strip sticks on smooth surfaces and won't fit on Swift's bumper (I have tried personally in friend's Swift). LED ones are better as they will fit snugly on the lower airdam of your car. You may need to drill small holes (with screwdriver, very small) to mount the LED DRLs. Fit them on corners of top slat of airdam, it will look good. If you plan to spend 5-6k, get Philips Daytime DRLs which will also fit like the LED ones.

3. IRVM mount display means that you will lose Day/Night functionality and the clip-on mirror will vibrate on bad roads. A dashboard mount is much much better. See the DIY thread of Saroya, he got one for less than 1.5k (total kit).

4. Yes. If you want help, I will let you know the process of changing to white bulbs. I have done DIY in my friend's Swift for this. If takes maximum 10 minutes for the job. LED bulbs are available but they conk off quite soon. In my Swift, I have changed close to 10 sets because of excessive vibrations from my ICE. If you can find, look for Philips Halogen W5W bulbs which are same as stock halogens but have a blue coating, which gives slightly dull but white light.

Hope that helped!

3. Get it included in the IRVM rather than a separate unit. What is your budget?

4. Get Osram's T10/W5W LED's and replace it. I am waiting for my courier to arrive so that I can change the number plate bulbs in my Swift.

Thread Starter #37

1. Dieseltronic is a sure-shot way of getting a bump in power. It costs ~20k I think but is worth every penny. Since you are keeping the car for long, it would be good to get a DT box for your Swift.

2. Which type of DRLs? Cheap ebay.in DRLs are of 2 types - COB strip or LEDs. COB strip sticks on smooth surfaces and won't fit on Swift's bumper (I have tried personally in friend's Swift). LED ones are better as they will fit snugly on the lower airdam of your car. You may need to drill small holes (with screwdriver, very small) to mount the LED DRLs. Fit them on corners of top slat of airdam, it will look good. If you plan to spend 5-6k, get Philips Daytime DRLs which will also fit like the LED ones.

3. IRVM mount display means that you will lose Day/Night functionality and the clip-on mirror will vibrate on bad roads. A dashboard mount is much much better. See the DIY thread of Saroya, he got one for less than 1.5k (total kit).

4. Yes. If you want help, I will let you know the process of changing to white bulbs. I have done DIY in my friend's Swift for this. If takes maximum 10 minutes for the job. LED bulbs are available but they conk off quite soon. In my Swift, I have changed close to 10 sets because of excessive vibrations from my ICE. If you can find, look for Philips Halogen W5W bulbs which are same as stock halogens but have a blue coating, which gives slightly dull but white light.

Hope that helped!
thanks ice wise i'll surely look after the diesel tronic to be fitted and the irvm mounts does not make any vibration in my fiesta and the irvm mount display is all time night mirror which makes driving easy. and thanks anuraag i'll go for the same. do share some more pics of your car.waiting to see.[:)].

@FordFiesta 1.6 congrats for your new swift, it look awesome in torque blue. I also own one and I am very happy with the car but there are few niggles which I can leave with it.

Anuraag nice to see on TAI I have been following your thread closely on Team BHP, hope you share your experience with us which will help lots of swift owner on this forum.

Regards

Thread Starter #39

@FordFiesta 1.6 congrats for your new swift, it look awesome in torque blue. I also own one and I am very happy with the car but there are few niggles which I can leave with it.

Anuraag nice to see on TAI I have been following your thread closely on Team BHP, hope you share your experience with us which will help lots of swift owner on this forum.

Regards
thanks turbonator5 what problem do you have with your swift tell me and you should post some pics of your swift because i want to see yours and yes anuraag you need to post your experience with us and turbonator5 you too should post your experience with me.[:)]

Last edited:

thanks turbonator5 what problem do you have with your swift tell me and you should post some pics of your swift because i want to see yours and yes anuraag you need to post your experience with us and turbonator5 you too should post your experience with me.[:)]
Can you give the link for Osram' led ?
+

I also want to know from where you've ordered and the price.
Brand: OSRAM
Type: LED
Bulb Type: T10 or W5W
Voltage: 12V
Wattage: 1W
Colour Temperature: 6000K

Made In TAIWAN as claimed

Paid: Rs 900!
Bought from: AliExpress.

Have ordered it on 13.12.15. Not sure when I'll receive it. [frustration][frustration]

Check the following threads buddy that I posted:

1. DIY: IRVM & ORVM Swapped

2. DIY: Armrest Installation

3. DIY: Cabin & Boot LED Swapped

Thread Starter #41

+

Brand: OSRAM
Type: LED
Bulb Type: T10 or W5W
Voltage: 12V
Wattage: 1W
Colour Temperature: 6000K

Made In TAIWAN as claimed

Paid: Rs 900!
Bought from: AliExpress.

Have ordered it on 13.12.15. Not sure when I'll receive it. [frustration][frustration]

Check the following threads buddy that I posted:

1. DIY: IRVM & ORVM Swapped

2. DIY: Armrest Installation

3. DIY: Cabin & Boot LED Swapped
thanks anuraag, and guys guess what today is my swift's 2nd birthday!!! bought on 05/01/14.

Last edited:

if you can kindly suggest because i have no idea from morning i am searching for some gifts for him in online shopping.:help:
I think the car looks complete from the outside. So, ICE would be a good gift. Otherwise think of adding HIDs in foglamps. Costs 3k. [;)]

Top Bottom