Maruti Swift Dzire ZXi 2015 Sangria Red Ownership Review

Yes, it is ISO port version. By the way do you ordered one.

-suryaputhra
ICE looks awesome.
Few questions:
1) Can get it installed in Wagon R [I own a Wagonr Vxi AGS]
2) If we order it will MASS people able to install it ? and also will it cause any warranty void ?

Thanks,
Satyajeet

Thread Starter #229
Yes, you can install in your Wagon R, you need to get double din bracket like below

Kmh Facia Plate For Maruti Suzuki Wagon R 2 Din | Fac00070

KMH Facia Plate for Maruti Suzuki Wagon R (2 DIN): Amazon.in: Car & Motorbike

You can try locally it is available

This bracket is available with MGP distributor for spares

Once you have this bracket installing ICE is child play any one can install easily MASS can also install, Will not void of warranty, there is a female socket available for Wagon R no wire are cut so no problem with warranty. Any help is required you can post here. I am enjoying this ICE a lot.

-suryaputhra

Last edited:
Yes, you can install in your Wagon R, you need to get double din bracket like below

Kmh Facia Plate For Maruti Suzuki Wagon R 2 Din | Fac00070

KMH Facia Plate for Maruti Suzuki Wagon R (2 DIN): Amazon.in: Car & Motorbike

You can try locally it is available

This bracket is available with MGP distributor for spares

Once you have this bracket installing ICE is child play any one can install easily MASS can also install, Will not void of warranty, there is a female socket available for Wagon R no wire are cut so no problem with warranty. Any help is required you can post here. I am enjoying this ICE a lot.

-suryaputhra
Thanks a lot for the quick reply. It would be really helpful if you put a DIY for the installation.

I am not well versed with products from aliexpress how durable is this ?

If possible please pm me your number to discuss this further.

Thx,
Satyajeet

Last edited:
Thread Starter #231
Thanks a lot for the quick reply. It would be really helpful if you put a DIY for the installation.

I am not well versed with products from aliexpress how durable is this ?

If possible please pm me your number to discuss this further.

Thx,
Satyajeet
I have purchased 100+ products from aliexpress I have claimed guarantee only one time. Past one and half year ICE working fine. Fast enough, navigation is very good, Video clarity is excellent, especially calling function and browsing internet is great. One of fellow member in this thread DrManju purchased same unit for his Dzire. I can guide you DIY installation.

-suryaputhra

I have purchased 100+ products from aliexpress I have claimed guarantee only one time. Past one and half year ICE working fine. Fast enough, navigation is very good, Video clarity is excellent, especially calling function and browsing internet is great. One of fellow member in this thread DrManju purchased same unit for his Dzire. I can guide you DIY installation.

-suryaputhra
Thank you sir for all the help, will target to buy by next month and let you know once done, and will definitely trouble you for the installation tips [;)].

Hey Surya,

this weekend I did my third service, and as mentioned by you I insisted MASS to put 0w20 oil only.

They insisted in putting semi-synthetic but then I told i want synthetic, and they agreed and said they will put some other oil code which i dont remember. It was very confusing for me. I thought 0w20 is fully synthetic but then he said no 0w20 is semi synthetic.

And as it was recommended by maruti in the manual, I put 0w20 only.

I dont know what exactly happened, i got semi or fully synthetic.

can you please clarify on this oil specifications.

Thread Starter #235
Hey Surya,

this weekend I did my third service, and as mentioned by you I insisted MASS to put 0w20 oil only.

They insisted in putting semi-synthetic but then I told i want synthetic, and they agreed and said they will put some other oil code which i dont remember. It was very confusing for me. I thought 0w20 is fully synthetic but then he said no 0w20 is semi synthetic.

And as it was recommended by maruti in the manual, I put 0w20 only.

I dont know what exactly happened, i got semi or fully synthetic.

can you please clarify on this oil specifications.
I hope they put Servo 0W20 which is usually available with dealers, Do you have bill copy they mention brand name. If they used servo then you change it to Shell 0W20 fully synthetic oil which is available in Mumbai. Any doubts pls post here.

-suryaputhra

I hope they put Servo 0W20 which is usually available with dealers, Do you have bill copy they mention brand name. If they used servo then you change it to Shell 0W20 fully synthetic oil which is available in Mumbai. Any doubts pls post here.

-suryaputhra
Hi Surya, thanks for your reply.

No in the bill they havent mentioned any brand name.

"99999M00w20- IOC MGO (0w20) - IOCL"

this is what they have mentioned in the bill.

My doubt is:

1) is 0w20 semi synthetic or Fully synthetic, because you mentioned shell fully synthetic is also 0w20.
2) what is 0w40 then ?

Please dont mint because i really want to know whats with the different codes of engine oil.

~Rishi

Thread Starter #237
Hi Surya, thanks for your reply.

No in the bill they havent mentioned any brand name.

"99999M00w20- IOC MGO (0w20) - IOCL"

this is what they have mentioned in the bill.

My doubt is:

1) is 0w20 semi synthetic or Fully synthetic, because you mentioned shell fully synthetic is also 0w20.
2) what is 0w40 then ?

Please dont mint because i really want to know whats with the different codes of engine oil.

~Rishi
IOCL means Indian oil corporation it sells engine oils on brand name of Servo. Servo 0W20 is mineral oil, Total brand 0W20 oil is semi synthetic. Oils will come in mineral, semi synthetic and fully synthetic for every grade. Its OK they they have used Servo 0W20 oil. In your next service try for Shell 0W20 oil which is fully synthetic. Don't go for 0W40.

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...angria-red-ownership-review-4.html#post499792

-suryaputhra

Last edited:
IOCL means Indian oil corporation it sells engine oils on brand name of Servo. Servo 0W20 is mineral oil, Total brand 0W20 oil is semi synthetic. Oils will come in mineral, semi synthetic and fully synthetic for every grade. Its OK they they have used Servo 0W20 oil. In your next service try for Shell 0W20 oil which is fully synthetic. Don't go for 0W40.

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...angria-red-ownership-review-4.html#post499792

-suryaputhra
And to add to that, Servo is pathetic. It takes a long time to break in during which your car will feel unsettled. Even after it breaks in, the engine respond will be rather dull. You will start feeling this isn the next few weeks. My refil of the same oil was really black and viscous in just 6000km.
If you went to Sai Service, let me tell you- privately the SA admits that full synthetic is better but also that his company policy is to put in semi-synthetic. Probably, they have got the best deal with Servo because they just refuse to put in anything else. They buy it in bulk drums rather than sealed cans, so there is always the possibility of contamination. These are the same guys who filled 5w30 full synthetic in my Swift just one year bask without me even telling them anything. The situation is so bad in Mumbai, even Maruti authorised retailers do not have 0w20 oil in retail packs, such is the grip of the wholeseller supplying all these people. And, for the price they charge you for that oil, (likely you paid just under 2k for 3.2L) you can get full synthetic MGO Shell.

Since you have already paid, I suggest you drive for a few weeks on that oil. If you are not satidfied with the handling ping us and we will tell you where to buy the MGO synthetic oil in retail

Ameyam

Thread Starter #239
And to add to that, Servo is pathetic. It takes a long time to break in during which your car will feel unsettled. Even after it breaks in, the engine respond will be rather dull. You will start feeling this isn the next few weeks. My refil of the same oil was really black and viscous in just 6000km.
If you went to Sai Service, let me tell you- privately the SA admits that full synthetic is better but also that his company policy is to put in semi-synthetic. Probably, they have got the best deal with Servo because they just refuse to put in anything else. They buy it in bulk drums rather than sealed cans, so there is always the possibility of contamination. These are the same guys who filled 5w30 full synthetic in my Swift just one year bask without me even telling them anything. The situation is so bad in Mumbai, even Maruti authorised retailers do not have 0w20 oil in retail packs, such is the grip of the wholeseller supplying all these people. And, for the price they charge you for that oil, (likely you paid just under 2k for 3.2L) you can get full synthetic MGO Shell.

Since you have already paid, I suggest you drive for a few weeks on that oil. If you are not satidfied with the handling ping us and we will tell you where to buy the MGO synthetic oil in retail

Ameyam
Well said, even in Bangalore oil mafia influencing the dealers. They buy in drums no dealer keep 3.5l cans. When ever you ask 0w20 they say some other grade if you insists they put servo 0w20 which is pathetic as you said. Its our car its our duty to take care. We should not bend to what ever dealer says.

-suryaputhra

Top Bottom