Maruti Swift Dzire (Old Model) Headlight Upgrade

Thread Starter #31
Re: Maruti Swift Dzire (Old Model) Headlight

Yes really i face this kind of blinding daily and sometimes I have to careful a lot because other car have high lights and it is very difficult to see [cry]
I will first try without cover if this does not improve light then I will try 130/90w [:)]

Yes really i face this kind of blinding daily and sometimes I have to careful a lot because other car have high lights and it is very difficult to see [cry]
I will first try without cover if this does not improve light then I will try 130/90w [:)]
remove those bulb covers and align your headlights properly . Hope it will work for you.
130/90 will not make much difference from 100/90. Both have same wattage for low beam which you uses most of the time.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #33

Sure tomorrow I have planned for this activity[:)] and hoping now I will get more bright light.[;)]

If possible take before and after pics of your headlight beam by keeping your car against a wall.

HELP ME OUT BUDDIES
in my skoda octavia h4 model headlight
i need more light with safety i do more night driving of 5-6 hrs
i have installed hella wiring,
have used
osram 100/90 cool blue
osram 130/90 rally

i found 100/90 cool blue have longer beam and wider spread an bright light but colour tone of bluish makes vision blur,as i doo triple digit speeds so i have changed them to osram 130/90 but found that light is not brighter and is more yellowish
so plz tell me to go for 100/90 or 130/100

HELP ME OUT BUDDIES
in my skoda octavia h4 model headlight
i need more light with safety i do more night driving of 5-6 hrs
i have installed hella wiring,
have used
osram 100/90 cool blue
osram 130/90 rally

i found 100/90 cool blue have longer beam and wider spread an bright light but colour tone of bluish makes vision blur,as i doo triple digit speeds so i have changed them to osram 130/90 but found that light is not brighter and is more yellowish
so plz tell me to go for 100/90 or 130/100
Hello mann veere. 130/100w will be enough for your car. If you feel cool blue bulbs have longer beam , you can try lighter yellow tint on your headlight glasses with it. Otherwise 130/100w rally are good. I am also using 130/100w Philips Rally bulbs and performance is good.

Thread Starter #38

Hello All,

Please suggest which company (Philips / Hella / Osram) bulbs 130/100w bulbs are good, I have already installed philips relay kit which can support 130/100w bulbs.

Thanks.

Thread Starter #40

Thanks @Mann for your reply.
Could you please also advise will there be any extra load on Battery or on Altenator or any issue will come after putting 130/100w blubs.
Also please advise from where I can buy original 130/100w bulbs (online or any good shop in Delhi)

Unable to see properly while night driving

Hi

I have a 6 year old model DZire. It has taken its toll because of driving in poor pothole filled sad roads. Now I am old and so is my car. I see that the brightness of stock headlights has become very low. Right side is moderately low and left side lamp is like a 0 watt night bulb. The pain is further accentuated due to absence of headlights on roads in rural areas. Is there a way to increase the headlight brightness without going the expensive Projector headlights way?

Re: Unable to see properly while night driving

Hi

I have a 6 year old model DZire. It has taken its toll because of driving in poor pothole filled sad roads. Now I am old and so is my car. I see that the brightness of stock headlights has become very low. Right side is moderately low and left side lamp is like a 0 watt night bulb. The pain is further accentuated due to absence of headlights on roads in rural areas. Is there a way to increase the headlight brightness without going the expensive Projector headlights way?
Welcome to TAI sir.
You Can install 130/100 watts bulbs with relay and wiring kit. It will cost you around rs. 1500.
Have a pleasant stay here[:)]

^Thank you for your kind reply saroya. Can i not simply install just the bulbs without relays? Also which bulbs and which relays, kit is recommended considering it is old model of DZire? I read that Philips Rally and Philips relay kit are the choice. Where do I get these in Original? And do I not need to replace the holders to ceramic to handle additional heat? I am also reading that 130/100 are overkill and 100/90 should be sufficient. Any ideas?

Also I do not understand will they fit into Highbeam slots of Lowbeam slots? Or these act as both highbeam and lowbeam?

Thanks again.

Last edited:
^Thank you for your kind reply saroya. Can i not simply install just the bulbs without relays? Also which bulbs and which relays, kit is recommended considering it is old model of DZire? I read that Philips Rally and Philips relay kit are the choice. Where do I get these in Original? And do I not need to replace the holders to ceramic to handle additional heat? I am also reading that 130/100 are overkill and 100/90 should be sufficient. Any ideas?

Also I do not understand will they fit into Highbeam slots of Lowbeam slots? Or these act as both highbeam and lowbeam?

Thanks again.
I don't know if your car has H4 bulbs ( single bulb for both low and high beam) or not. If those are with H4 setup, then install will be very simple and plug and play like no modifications to existing wires needed.
wiring kit include relay, fuse , ceramic holders. For wiring kit prefer Philips , Minda, Hella. For bulbs i will recommend philips Rally 130/100 watts or 100/90 watts.
I have experienced philips 130/100 watts in my Alto. I can bet even bus and truck drivers will respectfully swith to low beam after facing your high beam flash.
Original wiring kits are available in market easily but finding original philips bulbs is difficult job. Some online stores also like snapdeal, ebay have original products.

Last edited:
Just found out that my car uses some Maruti OEM local H4 bulbs of 50/55 w and left side bulb is not working on high beam, that is why i am having such problem!

Last edited:

Top Bottom