Maruti Swift Dzire (Old Model) Headlight Upgrade

Re: Maruti Swift Dzire (Old Model) Headlight

Is it one or both the holders burnt? Something new to hear regarding Philips HL wiring harness. I suppose it may be manufacturing defect.

Before changing the entire kit, get new ceramic holders alone and replace them on the existing harness to check if the problem is solved.
I think he installed only relay earlier not whole kit.
Anurag, I was also using 100/90 wiring kit and had same problem of burnt Head light Holder ( Only on right side headlamp) Replaced it with swift OEM only. It's almost 2 years now and there are no issues. Only precaution I take is I do not keep the head light burning for very long time, when at signal or toll gate I switch off my headlight for few mins and that solves the problem !!!
OEM holders are not compatible with 100/90 bulbs. You should install a good branded wiring kit with ceramic holders.

Thread Starter #17

Well both blub holder burnt n nw i have replaced one because another one was not available in the shop.
I have attached pics of wiring kit which is currently installed and blub holder which is burnt.
Please advise if this wiring kit is good if not then I will replace with good one.

Attachments

OEM holders are not compatible with 100/90 bulbs. You should install a good branded wiring kit with ceramic holders.
IMHO, I replaced the holder in MASS, they only have OEM and do not have a ceramic one. The bulb is 100/90.
I am using this wiring kit ( phillips ) from 2010 and in 2012 replaced right side holder. Presently I do not have any issues with them.
I hope this clarifies.

Well both blub holder burnt n nw i have replaced one because another one was not available in the shop.
I have attached pics of wiring kit which is currently installed and blub holder which is burnt.
Please advise if this wiring kit is good if not then I will replace with good one.
Are you referring this part is burnt? If so, I think this is a part of car headlamp and nothing to do with Philips wiring kit.
and regarding the kit, it is pretty good in quality and I'm using the same in my Sunny.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #21

@Saroya the holder which is there in the picture they are burnt and I have checked link the wiring kit which I installed is the same. I am planning to connect 130/100 blub but not very sure this relay will support or not. However, it is mentioned in the box that it is compatible.
Also, if you could also advice after installing 130/100 w blub what effects comes on Altenator and on battery. Many forum members mentioned in their post that they are using it since long time without any issue but I am sure it depends on good wiring kit and relay which can hold load.
Please advice.

Thread Starter #22

@Mr. Boss yes you are right I am referring to this holder only which is burnt also someone told me to remove this from both sides to avoid all future issues and also u will get more bright light. These days I have seen in many car these holders does not exists and only blubs connected with it. So i am really not very sure about it so need expert advice to take this step.

@Mr. Boss yes you are right I am referring to this holder only which is burnt also someone told me to remove this from both sides to avoid all future issues and also u will get more bright light. These days I have seen in many car these holders does not exists and only blubs connected with it. So i am really not very sure about it so need expert advice to take this step.
Oops.! we were referring to the ceramic holders at the back end of bulb.
This is actually not a holder, they are covers for cosmetic and some functional purpose (hide the filament illumination directly) You can remove them if you couldn't find a better one.

But please be informed, prolonged usage of higher wattage bulb will leave a similar effect on HL reflectors too (reflectors will turn dull)

I would suggest to stick with 100/90W rather than upgrading to 130/100W

PS: the one you are referring to, is that not a metal part? I was in a opinion that cover is actually a coated / plated metal part.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #24

@Mr.Boss thanks for your valuable advice.
Please advice if I remove those covers then is there any negative impact on light or on function and which company cover is good which can hold load of 100/90w.

@Mr.Boss thanks for your valuable advice.
Please advice if I remove those covers then is there any negative impact on light or on function and which company cover is good which can hold load of 100/90w.
No impacts in removing those covers.
And I hope there are no aftermarket covers available.

Hi Anurag,

May I know why do you want to go for 130/100w, are you unhappy with the throw of 100/90w? IMO 130/100w is really an overkill. Yes, poor reflectors may need such higher watts bulb for getting adequate light. But for any average headlight-reflectors do only requires 100/90w bulbs for a stressless and joyful ride. [drive].
Just make sure your headlights are properly aligned.

Now about the battery. 130/100w wont be any problem if your night rides are less.
I think swift alternator is about 70amp. If your night rides exceed more than 3-4 hours then a 65AH battery wont have much juice in it and will also make the reflector dull.

Regards.,

Thread Starter #27

Hi,

Well nothing like it that I am not happy with 100/90 but thought to upgrade it to 130/100w but I read in some forums that going on 130/100w is not a goos option and it also increase load on Altenator and on battery. So wanted to know complications involved before I go and change blubs.
I do not have 3 or 4 hrs night ride but rarely happened that I drive on highway in nite.
But yes I will be on 100/90 and I will remove cover to get more bright light and also check headlights are propely alligned or not.

Thank you for your valuable advice.

Removing the cover will slightly improve the light output but it will definitely glares the oncoming traffic. IMO instead of removing the covers align your headlight a bit higher.

I have aligned my LHS much higher than the RHS headlight and presently experimenting 100/90w on LHS and OEM 60/55w on RHS.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #29

Yes you are right.

I will remove cover and check output how it much improve. Rest after reading all advices I found that going on 130/100w blub is not a good option.

Since I have aligned a bit higher, low beam is far enough for me and I use high beam only for flashing. [:)]
Similarly if your highbeam usage is very less then you can go for 130/90W bulbs. It will be really helpful to lightup your way in the case of those situations where the idiots rides with their powerful blinding highbeam lights on.[frustration]

Top Bottom