Maruti Swift DIY Carputer and ICE Installation - First on TAI

Thread Starter #16
Re: Maruti Swift DIY Carputer and ICE Installation

Thanks FJ CRUZER.As I've told I dont have the pics of installtion.May be when I give the car for service at MASS,I will take out the whole thing and take the pictures of it.
Will post the detailed procedures soon![:D]

Cheers Mate

zengetz

Suspended

Thanks for shedding light on the adapter :)
Im thinking of getting the 7' touch screen from Canada when my bro's coming back next week.

How much did you get it for ?

Thanks!

Avi

Thread Starter #18

I've got that for Rs 8600+ including customs duty and shipping charges.Maybe we can get it much cheaper now.[clap]

zengetz

Suspended

Thanks Arjun !

Now with the GPS receiver that you have hooked up ? How much did that cost and which maps are you using (Paid/Free).

I plan to hookup a Bluetooth Dongle and and hook up my Phone's 3G for browsing and also an OBD scanner (Via bluetooth) that's being discussed on another thread.

Avi

GOod to know that you have done it as diy.

looks neat.

the major minus in this is
The sound level could not be equivalent as in from a head unit.

even if you use amplifier in series , that wont help.
i mean the sound quality.

you get thumps and bass and what not , but no crisp clear as from a high end audio system.

Using odbi ports , you could clear engine codes and errors , but hope almost all service centre do them free of cost.
remember there is no major faults in codes , modern cars only need to reset some data , only when it had a disconnected batt

Watching films in screen distracts driver.

car computer is perfect for mobile office.

Just my views on this! nothing else

ilango[speed thirst];90017 said:

looks neat.

you get thumps and bass and what not , but no crisp clear as from a high end audio system.

Using odbi ports , you could clear engine codes and errors , but hope almost all service centre do them free of cost.
remember there is no major faults in codes , modern cars only need to reset some data , only when it had a disconnected batt

agree with you except service centre part atleast hyandai and tata charge . hynandai was asking me 800 and tata used to ask me 1200 to connect OBD to read error

That is one great D.I.Y. Never knew or thought of such an idea. But I personally dont like to use computers on the move. I dont even use a laptop.

Thread Starter #23

Thanks Arjun !

Now with the GPS receiver that you have hooked up ? How much did that cost and which maps are you using (Paid/Free).

I plan to hookup a Bluetooth Dongle and and hook up my Phone's 3G for browsing and also an OBD scanner (Via bluetooth) that's being discussed on another thread.

Avi
The GPS receiver I use is SIRF star 3 and nmea compatible.But it only works in NMEA mode.I got it for under 1500Rs from dealextreme.com.You just check out that.And I use Destinator for nav. and you can check if they have got your local map.
and one more thing,How much USB ports are there on your Laptop?

ilango[speed thirst];90017 said:

looks neat.

Thanks ilango for your valuable comments.But are you talking about SQ or Sound pressure level?
Earlier the carputer was connected to Pioneer FHP6050UB via Aux In,but I had put the screen there.SQ is much better I think.But it lacks certain punch as you have said.Thinking of a preamp now.[thinking]
And ilango,I dont watch any movie while driving.Its all about all about music,nav and all.Other features are like an added bonus to me.

That is one great D.I.Y. Never knew or thought of such an idea. But I personally dont like to use computers on the move. I dont even use a laptop.
Hey jalex,we are using a computer as an infotainment here.And is just using it instead of a HU.

Cheers

zengetz

Suspended

The GPS receiver I use is SIRF star 3 and nmea compatible.But it only works in NMEA mode.I got it for under 1500Rs from dealextreme.com.You just check out that.And I use Destinator for nav. and you can check if they have got your local map.
and one more thing,How much USB ports are there on your Laptop?
I've got 2 USB ports on the laptop, will get a USB hub to add more if required.

Thread Starter #25

I've got 2 USB ports on the laptop, will get a USB hub to add more if required.
You just buy a self powered USB hub and dont go for those bus powerd ones.Mine is a bus powered one and its not that good.Some devices may need more power and cannot be supplied by such hubs.

Cheers

Great Project and neatly executed. I am also building a carputer. Can you post some snaps of the box. I am also looking for a box.

Thread Starter #27

Great Project and neatly executed. I am also building a carputer. Can you post some snaps of the box. I am also looking for a box.
This is the only picture I'm having now.May be I can post more pictures later.
Untitled-1.jpg

Have you got the PSU and Monitor?
All the best..

Thread Starter #28

Thanks Arjun !

Avi
Hey Avi,have you got the GPS receiver?
I've forgotten to tell you that you can also use google earth and google maps online for navigation since you are going to use your phone's 3G for internet facility.And it will be more accurate,I think.

greate creativity man!!awesome...nice stereo..u rockZZZZ.....:)

zengetz

Suspended

Hey Avi,have you got the GPS receiver?
I've forgotten to tell you that you can also use google earth and google maps online for navigation since you are going to use your phone's 3G for internet facility.And it will be more accurate,I think.

Hi Arjun , Sorry for the late reply, Im in 2 minds now to do the Carputer as I picked up an Android phone the other day and its got a full featured Car App, Navigation, Music, videos etc..So its now a simple Aux connection and Im all set [thumbsup]

Top Bottom