Maruti Swift DIY Carputer and ICE Installation - First on TAI

i ordered mine from short-circuit.com for 8k and there was no customs in my case.
How was the whole experience buying through them? I mean payment, shipment, item packaging... etc. So, did anyone carried it for you to India?

What do you suggest to me, I have a few relatives in US, should I try that option.

i would say its always better to deal with us stores compared woth others like german or others
in my case i thought my monitor was not working well and asked them for replacement. they asked for a short video of the problem. after that they sent me a replacement. there is a person by name carl, he is vefy helpfull.

Thread Starter #78
i would say its always better to deal with us stores compared woth others like german or others
in my case i thought my monitor was not working well and asked them for replacement. they asked for a short video of the problem. after that they sent me a replacement. there is a person by name carl, he is vefy helpfull.
Oh,That's great.Then its ok if we buy that from US stores.So its the best option,I think.

yeah...also after your comment on too much glare, i've put anti-glare screen guard, and its now perfect...

Just to update you on GPS, i've been playing with many gps front-ends, and out of all below Sygic is the best that i found. Try that for your carpc.
Below is the order of preference.
1) Sygic (MMI 6.1)
2) Garmin (MMI 6.0)
3) Igo (with very old maps)
4) Navigon (Worst)
5) Destinator (the once that comes with CF, with satguide maps)

That's interesting. I had bought maps from satguide and also opted for the updates package for 2k but, no updates since 2010. How is sygic integrated to centrafuse.
Can you pm me the links. Does the mobile maps work with PC version

What should be the ideal price, I have searched and found that most of the touch screens are between 120-150$ when shipped within US.

You did'nt tell me how you avoided customs.

Oh,That's great.Then its ok if we buy that from US stores.So its the best option,I think.
Could you guys tell me what was the model you bought, I have decided to order a 7'' touch screen model which can be mounted on the top of dash. Also, the estimate cost.

Thread Starter #83
You did'nt tell me how you avoided customs.

Could you guys tell me what was the model you bought, I have decided to order a 7'' touch screen model which can be mounted on the top of dash. Also, the estimate cost.
Just buy a 7" touchscreen monitor if you want to fix it in the 2 din space.Otherwise go for some bigger sized monitors(like a 10" or so[;)])
Mine is a 7" monitor.I don't know the exact prices,but it should be between 180-200USD(including shipping charges and all).And I dont know how to avoid customs duty.Last time,when I bought a boost gauge from Dealextreme.com,I got fined for not paying the duty.Just visit shortcircuit.com as raj suggested and check the terms and conditions.

Just buy a 7" touchscreen monitor if you want to fix it in the 2 din space.Otherwise go for some bigger sized monitors(like a 10" or so[;)])
Mine is a 7" monitor.I don't know the exact prices,but it should be between 180-200USD(including shipping charges and all).And I dont know how to avoid customs duty.Last time,when I bought a boost gauge from Dealextreme.com,I got fined for not paying the duty.Just visit shortcircuit.com as raj suggested and check the terms and conditions.
I will be mounting on the Dash (Like a monitor). So, 7'' is only the perfect compromise between size and price.

Back to your thread, how is the GPS running? I am thinking on using SatNav maps. Could by any chance we use the maps of Navigators like MMI, Garmin on our Windows PC? I searched IP-mart, all I could find were maps but no information on how to use them on Windows PC.

Back to your thread, how is the GPS running? I am thinking on using SatNav maps. Could by any chance we use the maps of Navigators like MMI, Garmin on our Windows PC? I searched IP-mart, all I could find were maps but no information on how to use them on Windows PC.
Go to centrafuse forum there are guide to use sygic map in pc as you know sygic use mmi maps for india

Thread Starter #88
Yeah, you can use other maps. I'm using Garmin now.
For that you need to to install Garmin Mobile PC (GMPC) and map files.

Top Bottom