Maruti Swift DIY Carputer and ICE Installation - First on TAI

Thread Starter #61
BTW arjun, did you check Garmin gps?
No Brother,I haven't checked that.
I'll do that when I get time.
Moreover my carputer was removed from the car when it was given for a maintenance at MASS.
Will check that later.
Are those lilliput screens that much bad?
Everyone is going for that.
Even iride technologies,mumbai is selling that and offers a good aftersale service.

vivek: unless you go for transflective monitors sunlight readability will not change, they will cost a bomb. usually available with Lilliput monitors which are famous for going kaput and there after sales support is a joke.
You mean all the lilliput monitor goes kaput after sometime? or only the transflective models?

I drive with glasses rolled up all the time. Hope i wont face this problem.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390280966679&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123

7 Inch HD Touchscreen Car Monitor (HDMI, AV, VGA) | eBay

How about these monitor from ebay? It has HDMI input too.

Should i look for monitors in proper rectangle shape? So that it will easy and neat to install? I don't want the monitor to be projecting out or any gap between the screen and the dash.

Arjun,
I didn't get any call from them :(

you've to look at monitors with more than 400cd/㎡, the links you gave have 250 or 300. that is without touchscreen after touchscreens it will reduce further also look at view angles.

the double din slot is 177L X 107W, any monitor which has more than that by 10mm is fine. but in most monitors you'll loose the buttons which will get hidden by your bezel. so its better to go for monitors retrofitted with double din frames if you want perfect oem looks. you'll have to make a choice between price and looks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #64
Arjun,
I didn't get any call from them :(
There is some trade fair going on in China(upto oct 15th I think).They will contact you after few days.
If you want it urgently,I'll give the details.But the prices will be on the higher side,I suppose.

Cheers

hi mohan ,i have also instaled a pc in my car ,i have a 7 '' hdmi vga screen , i may need some help ,did u by any chance managed to down load the free trail version of cf,also how does the gps work does it give voice direction and road maps

Thread Starter #67
hi mohan ,i have also instaled a pc in my car ,i have a 7 '' hdmi vga screen , i may need some help ,did u by any chance managed to down load the free trail version of cf,also how does the gps work does it give voice direction and road maps
Yeah I've downloaded the free trial version(30 days,I think) of centrafuse.
Centrafuse uses destinator for navigation.The maps for india is not very much detailed in that.It gives voice directions and shows the speed..etc
You can also use garmin by using GMPC and is very much detailed,I think.

One of our forum member,Raj has done a similar thing on his Ritz.You can read that thread too.

BTW have you got the GPS receiver?
And start a new thread for your carputer [:D] and post some photos of it.

Cheers
Arjun.

Nice projects.
Do this guy from china have headrest monitor with vga connections? I am looking out for them for quite sometime.

I operate a Computer Business and am thinking from 3 years to fit a Carputer in my Safari. But, due to time and money constraints I have not gone for it. And now after reading your thread my brain has started doing calculations about money, BTW, I already have a Custom built Inverter in my car and it works fine for charging laptops and other smaller devices.

Please PM me the number of that LCD guy.

Last edited by a moderator:
inverter is not the best for carpc, does it hold the output while cranking the car?
I have not checked that, and I will not be powering the PC most probably through that inverter. The only thing now stooping me is the Touch screen, where should I get a cheap and reliable one.

Thread Starter #72
Nice projects.
Do this guy from china have headrest monitor with vga connections? I am looking out for them for quite sometime.

I operate a Computer Business and am thinking from 3 years to fit a Carputer in my Safari. But, due to time and money constraints I have not gone for it. And now after reading your thread my brain has started doing calculations about money, BTW, I already have a Custom built Inverter in my car and it works fine for charging laptops and other smaller devices.

Please PM me the number of that LCD guy.
Thanks skoda and mercedised.
If you are buying that from china,you may have to pay customs duty.And if there is any problem with that,you will have to ship that back on your expense.Contact Iride technologies(in Mumbai itself[:D]).It will be much better.And the price is around Rs17000+.
Here's the address
A/104, Vora Plaza Navghar, Vasai (E), Mumbai India 401210 And the Link.
If you have any problem with anything,just pm me.
Hope this helps.
And all the best for your project.

inverter is not the best for carpc, does it hold the output while cranking the car?
Yeah Skoda,you are right.Its not the best thing for a carputer.
Inverters can spoil the sound quality due to interference.
But it can be used.And a PSU with a shutdown controller is an added bonus,as it turns off the computer automatically.

Thanks skoda and mercedised.
If you are buying that from china,you may have to pay customs duty.And if there is any problem with that,you will have to ship that back on your expense.Contact Iride technologies(in Mumbai itself[:D]).It will be much better.And the price is around Rs17000+.
Actually, I have gone through all of the Iride products and I found that they are double the actual price. Very expensive! I am looking for a cheaper option. What might be the problem with customs? They demand Money and we pay that, what else?

Please if you find any touchscreen guy selling his, tell me! Thanks for answering my very general queries.:)

Thread Starter #75
Actually, I have gone through all of the Iride products and I found that they are double the actual price. Very expensive! I am looking for a cheaper option. What might be the problem with customs? They demand Money and we pay that, what else?

Please if you find any touchscreen guy selling his, tell me! Thanks for answering my very general queries.:)
There's no problem in importing a touchscreen LCD after paying the customs duty.But the real headache starts when something go wrong.And most of these screens have 1+ years warranty.So if we want to get it repaired,we have to pay the shipping charge.And believe me,its not that low!
That's why I told you to buy from iRide.Moreover you're in the same town,right?
Still if you want that from china,then I'll will give you the address.
I bought it through alibaba.com.

Cheers

Top Bottom