Maruti Swift DIY Carputer and ICE Installation - First on TAI

remember don't go for powerful CPU it will only lead to more heat so better stick to 2 core atom or AMD new CPU which has both GPU and CPU inside it and still consume less electricity and produce less heat

Thread Starter #51
remember don't go for powerful CPU it will only lead to more heat so better stick to 2 core atom or AMD new CPU which has both GPU and CPU inside it and still consume less electricity and produce less heat
Yeah Rahul,you're right.Powerful computers can produce more heat.Moreover they consume more power than those small ones.
A powerful computer is not needed for a carputer setup.

Hi Arjun,

I'm vivek from trivandrum. I also own swift[cheers](VDI)
I like the way the touchscreen is installed in your car[clap]. I read that you bought it from china, is it through online? If so, can you please tell me the site from where you got it?

Thread Starter #55
Oh yeah,another member from kerala.Dude,Welcome to TAI.

Vivek,PM me your email id,I'll tell her to contact you.Before doing that,also have a look at raj's carputer screen on his ritz.Its also good.

Cheers[cheers]

Thread Starter #57
I've given your email id to them.They'll contact you.
BTW what do you plan to do in our Swifty(ahem shonty's words,but I liked it a lot[:D])
And is that the new model?

Thank arjun[thumbsup]. The seller you referred me to, are they from china or they just ship the product from china?

I'm planning to do a carputer setup but not gonna work on it now. I will connect this monitor with my headunit as of now.

Some questions to you[confused]
What are all the input connections does this monitor has?
Any model number or make?
How is the sunlight readability? Raj is having problem reading it in sunlight.
If Possible, please send me the specs of your monitor.

Thread Starter #59
Its a company in China.

The monitor has 3 input wires:VGA,AV1(for your HU),AV2(for the reverse camera).
It has two speakers also(but no use actually).
They have many models with them.
I'm not facing any problem as you mentioned.May be because of the dashboard design.[:D]

I'll sent the specs later.

Cheers

vivek: unless you go for transflective monitors sunlight readability will not change, they will cost a bomb. usually available with Lilliput monitors which are famous for going kaput and there after sales support is a joke.

i'm using V70-XB, which has brightness of 400nits.

V70-XB 7in LCD widescreen touchscreen monitor with LED backlighting 7in LCD widescreen touchscreen monitor, VGA Wide XGA WXGA WSXGA+ monitor screen touch, touch screen display

also, I've fixed a matte type of scratch guard which helped a lot with the reflections...But in broad daylight its hard to operate unless you close all the windows...

i've read in many forums that its better to go with HDMI monitor. In VGA there are many signal problems like ghosting and bad color representation.

BTY arjun, did you check Garmin gps?

Last edited:

Top Bottom