Maruti Swift AMT As Replacement For 8 Year Old Ritz VXI

Thread Starter #1
Hello everyone,

My 73 year old grandfather is thinking to sell off his Ritz VXI,which we bought in December 2010 and it has run 65000 Kms,that too mostly on highways as my grandfather stays at Warangal,which is 130 Kms away from Hyderabad.Since he got his knees operated few months ago in US,he was thinking to change his Ritz for an automatic car for stress free driving.He is not new to automatics.He drove Audis,BMW's in US and he has much experience on automatic gear.Hence,we are thinking to sell off the Ritz with Swift AMT.Today,he went to Varun Motors,Maruti dealer in Hyderabad to get the exchange quote for Ritz and he was quoted Rs.2.15L.But the dealer had said that he will try his best to get good quote on Ritz.Now,we are considering VXI AMT or ZXI AMT as it is in our budget.But my grandfather is inclined towards VXI AMT as it is Rs.70000 lesser than ZXI AMT but I'm convincing him to get ZXI AMT as it has all necessary features.

VXI AMT costs Rs.7.72L while ZXI AMT costs Rs.8.44L OTR Hyderabad.

Thread Starter #2
No repiles!Huh!Anyways apart from Swift,told my grandfather to have a look at Baleno CVT,Jazz CVT,Ecosport AT as these cars are available within his budget and his budget is around Rs.10-11L on road Hyderabad.The plan is to buy the car in Hyderabad and get the car registered at Warangal as he stays there.

He saw a Baleno CVT 2017 model in red colour,which has run 12000 Kms for Rs.8L in Warangal a week ago and told him to look at used AT cars like Honda City within his budget.

No repiles!Huh!Anyways apart from Swift,told my grandfather to have a look at Baleno CVT,Jazz CVT,Ecosport AT as these cars are available within his budget and his budget is around Rs.10-11L on road Hyderabad.The plan is to buy the car in Hyderabad and get the car registered at Warangal as he stays there.
I think its alright for him to go for SWIFT VXI AMT at his age where the extra goodies matters little, also the Safety features are the same in VXI & ZXI.

He saw a Baleno CVT 2017 model in red colour,which has run 12000 Kms for Rs.8L in Warangal a week ago and told him to look at used AT cars like Honda City within his budget.
I would not advise a used car for him.
Peace of mind of a new car should be more important than saving a few lacs.

Thread Starter #4
My grandfather is also looking to go for Ignis too as he found Ignis is good for his height(his height is around 5’11).

He didn’t like Baleno it seems.Hence the fight is between Swift and Ignis.

My grandfather is also looking to go for Ignis too as he found Ignis is good for his height(his height is around 5’11).

Ignis AMT is a good alternative to the Swift AMT. Ignis also has better ground clearance compared to the Swift although that might not be a requisite. But the Relatively upright driving position is preferred by some in the Ignis.
Although the Resale value of the Ignis will be no where close to the Swift i feel.

Ignis is a nice option but i think the Wagon R will be a great car for your grandfather with good legroom and headroom.

I would say wait for the Dualjet versions of the same. As it is mostly for highway commutes I prefer Dzire Dualjet AMT. If there is no urgency I suggest that you wait for the newer engines as they are also BS-VI compliant.

Thread Starter #8
Finally,booked Swift VXI AMT this week in red colour in the exchange of Ritz.We got Rs.2.4L for our 8.5 years old Ritz VXI in exchange and total on road after exchange of old vehicle and some discount thrown in is Rs.5.1L as the original price of the car without discounts is Rs.7.8L and dealer is offering us foglamps and basic accessories for free.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Yes, Only Swift petrol is now BS6 compliant, but what they say was both petrol and diesel are now compliant with AIS-145 Safety standards which may make some difference than the present models?

See the thread (post 155)

Thread Starter #12
Shifted our booking from Swift VXI AMT to Dzire VXI AMT coz my grandfather found the Swift too sporty for his liking and found Dzire more of family vehicle than sports vehicle.Hence,he had changed his mind and getting Dzire VXI AMT by this week most probably from the same dealer,where we booked Swift and by co incidence,his Ritz was also bought from same dealer.The colour might be maroon as my grandfather found maroon looks good compared to silver,white.He doesn’t want blue as his Ritz is also in same colour.

On road for Dzire VXI AMT is ₹8.6L and total on road after exchange of our 8.5 years old Ritz is close to ₹6L.

Thread Starter #13
Took delivery of our Dzire an hour ago after many hurdles.Irony is BS6 just got released before we took the delivery of our Dzire but got the car at old price.

Ownership review coming soon

Attachments

Top Bottom