Maruti Swift 77,000 Kms - 3 Years (Now Sold)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #1
Hello guys,

This is my review of my Swift Diesel a.k.a Swift VDI.

So, I m presenting an ownership report of my Swift VDI in Silky Silver color. His name is Silver Shark. He had done 69700 Km in 30 months 11 days.

First the selection process before buying Swift

Ritz - My father didn't like the rear looks, But I love the tallish looks.
D-Zire- My father didn't like it because it is expensive than Swift and Rear Bulky looks.
Punto - Tata Service.
Manza- Same as Punto.
Fiesta -Ford Resale.
Ikon Diesel - Same as Fiesta.

Finally decision taken after all cars TD.That is Swift VDI.

We had booked Swift on January 3rd week, the waiting period was just 25 days. First, we had booked Sunlight Copper, but they don't have SC colour. So,they had Silver in stock and booked it finally in that colour. So, got my Shark on Feb 8th 2010. The dealer was Acer Motors. It was nice experience with them. The SP was Sridhar Reddy.

First Free Service was done at Acer Motors. Odo was 1300Km
Second Free Service at Saboo Motors. Odo was 5800Km
Third Free Service at Saboo Motors. Odo was 11300Km

Fourth Service at Varun Motors. Odo was 20500Km
Fifth Service at Varun Motors. Odo was 30300Km
Sixth Service at Varun Motors. Odo was 40300Km

Seventh Service at Anuroop Motors,MASC. Odo was 49700Km
Eighth Service at Varun Motors. Odo was 59900Km
Ninth Service at New Age Motors, Local Garage and Authorised MASC. Odo was 64K Km

+ves

-DDIS engines are smooth
-Front seats are super comfortable
-It is giving excellent FE
-Maruti Network and
-Maruti Resale Value.

-ves

-I hate Maruti company, but I love Swift more than Maruti
-Rear seat space is worse than others
-Bare bone interiors. New Swifts are better than ours and
-Junk JK Tornado Tyres. But,later, we replaced it with Michelin XM2 185/70R14 last month.

Recently, added Michelin XM2 185/70R14.

Here is the review of my new Michelin XM2 Tyres,

I changed my tires to Michelin XM2 185/70R14 after taking advice from my friend[clap]. My Michelin's are super silent and smoothest than my stock tires, JK Tornado. And my old tire front left side tire was torn on Sunday(22nd July) and changed the tires of Swift finally.

Price - 4875/tire
With 4 tires - 4875 X 4 = Rs. 19,500/-.

The dealer of tyres was Mohan Chandra. They did there nice work and owner of the shop TD'ed the car after installing tires and after W/A and W/B.

My Father and My Driver drove the car. My Driver drove 3 Km and My Father drove 16 Km after fitting Michelin's[clap].

What an impressive tires[:D]. They reduced Rs.4975/- to Rs. 4875/- by Rs.100/- Discount for Michelin.

Overall, nice and amazing tires.

Overall, a happy Swift owner[thumbswink].

Pictures are coming soon.

Michelin XM2 Tires for Swift in Highway review is up in Page no 2
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...-my-swift-vdi-2010-bs-3-update-70k-kms-2.html

Shark's 70,000 Km Service Cost,Colony Meet with 6 Cars,Shark's wiring burnt story,Michelin's Completed 5000 Km of pure bliss in 2.5 Months and New Pics before burnt story are up in Page no 3
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...di-2010-bs-3-update-70k-kms-3.html#post214701

My Bro's White Shark 20,000 Km and Our Company's August 2012 Swift VDI,which had done 12000+ Km in 2.5 Months are up in Page no 4
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...-my-swift-vdi-2010-bs-3-update-73k-kms-4.html

Planned things,Teaser Pic and Experience with Service Center are up in Page no 4
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...-my-swift-vdi-2010-bs-3-update-73k-kms-4.html

Teaser Pics after coming to home and AC Repair are up in Page no 5
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...-my-swift-vdi-2010-bs-3-update-73k-kms-5.html

Crossed 73000 Km,450 Km trip,New Pics,Big Dent bashed to divider,Meeting with XUV500,Crossed 74000 Km and Car's Body Painting Quote are up in Page no 6
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...-my-swift-vdi-2010-bs-3-update-73k-kms-6.html

Went to Vishakapatnam for 4 days living Swift,Done 1700 Km in 35 days after repair,Car went to 1000 Km trip to Kakinada,500 Km from Hyderabad and completed 75000 Km and done 1100 Km Long Drive,mileage dropped to 15Km/l,400 Km trip,completed 76000 Km,New Pic,Car Insurance got renewed, 18 days away for 3 years celebration of the Car and completed 77000 Km,6 days for 3 years and 5 years for 3 years but 3 years is almost completed are up in Page no 7
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...-my-swift-vdi-2010-bs-3-update-73k-kms-7.html

Happy Birthday Swift,Shark's 3 year gift gifted by me,completed 78K Km today,10,000 Km review on Michelin,Shark's companion,Vento is coming soon and Shark getting Sold tomorrow are up in Page no 8
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...uti-swift-vdi-77-000-kms-3-years-shark-8.html
Cheers,
Abhinav

Last edited:

350Z

Core Team
Re: My Dream Car: My Swift VDI 2010 BS 3. Update - 70K Kms

We had booked Swift on January 3rd week, the waiting period was just 25 days. First, we had booked Sunlight Copper, but they don't have SC colour. So,they had Silver in stock and booked it finally in that colour.
Nice review. Guess it would have been worth to wait for Sunlight Copper. It’s rare and looks beautiful on Swift. Anyways, I’m glad you are overall satisfied with the car.

-I hate Maruti company, but I love Swift more than Maruti
I’m noticing more people (including myself) are letdown with Maruti. Hope they take a serious note of customer feedback at present rather than realizing later after being eaten up by the competition.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Hey music_swift, congrats for swift

Do you also drive the car? and Why do you hate Maruti?

Thread Starter #4

I hate Maruti because all had Maruti in my family.No,I can't.Because I m just 14 years.

Stay tuned for new updates and service updates i.e 70K Km service.

Last edited:

Hey Music_Swift. Glad to here that you are happy with your Swift VDI and enjoying it. I must say that the DDiS is a gem engine. Awesome pick up and FE. We earlier had DZire VDi Silky Silver; owned for 43months covered 77k on the odo. Now we have Fluidic Verna CRDi SX. Even after getting the verna we still miss our DZire and especially that peppy engine.:biggrin:

And
worthless_text.gif

Abhinav

Nice review with details.

Congrats on new tyres. Can you tell me your buying experience of tyres, I mean what all you have considered and I think you have gone for upsize of 185 sections, how is the feeling with them and any effect on FE and others

Thread Starter #9
Abhinav

Nice review with details.

Congrats on new tyres. Can you tell me your buying experience of tyres, I mean what all you have considered and I think you have gone for upsize of 185 sections, how is the feeling with them and any effect on FE and others
Thank you Sir.My new tires had done 2K Km in 1 month.My experience with new tires are excellent[clap]

Very crisp Review and well maintained car
Thank you Visran Sir.

Hi guys,

We are planning to sell our Swift by this year end due to expensive service.Any suggestions please?

BTW,our car had done 69782 Km.

Last edited by a moderator:

Thank you Sir.My new tires had done 2K Km in 1 month.My experience with new tires are excellent[clap]

Thank you Visran Sir.

Hi guys,

We are planning to sell our Swift by this year end due to expensive service.Any suggestions please?

BTW,our car had done 69782 Km.
Abhinav

Can you please explain what is exactly means by expensive service. We really would like to know from on this as we will reach to such stage using the car soon

Thread Starter #12

My servicing is nearing and I have to pay 8-10K bucks from my pocket.So,we are planning to sell Swift and get bigger car.

Just gone through your lovely ownership review nicely written, liked the fat boy name

70 k is massive mileage man. [:)]
If possible can put put some light on your servicing bills ?

Thread Starter #15
Lack of driver due to Ramzan festival

Due to lack of driver,my father should drive the car daily.My father always talks with his phone while driving.So,we kept driver.My driver had went to his village due to Ramzan festival.He could come on tomorrow and give the car for service.I always avoid him for talking to his phone while driving.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom