Maruti Suzuki's Recall for A-Star

Thread Starter #1

350Z

Core Team
2010 Indeed looks like an year of Recalls and this has started affecting Indian Market too! Maruti Suzuki is recalling the A-Star for faulty gaskets. Complete Report below:

Recall mania continues and this time Maruti Suzuki is replacing fuel pump gaskets of the A-Star, following reports of anomalies in the fuel tank. Approximately 1 lakh cars (including exports), manufactured before August 22, 2009, will get new fuel pump gaskets and O rings. The company came across this issue last November as part of a regular quality monitoring process. Maruti started contacting the customers in December, 2009. The cost incurred in the replacements will be shared with the supplier partner.

In Pune, customers received phone calls and SMSs from the dealers, asking them to bring in their cars for the replacement. A gasket and ring replacement means that the rubber part is defective, leading to leakages or chances of a leakage. The problem occurs when fuel is filled to the brim, beyond the fuel auto cutoff position, creating the possibility of fuel leakage from the fuel pump mounting area. The company maintains it to be proactive step and no problem has been reported by customers.
Source: Motorbeam.com

Drive Safe,
350Z

What is this affliction with Japanese (or Japanese collaborator) companies??
Makes you wonder!!

Okay not a major problem here but a preventive measure! Those filling upto the brim must have experienced this!

BTW OT is it a good practice to fill up to the brim?? I never do it though , i ask the person to stop it after the auto cut-off!! I even don allow him to add some more fuel for rounding off purpose!!

BTW OT is it a good practice to fill up to the brim?? I never do it though , i ask the person to stop it after the auto cut-off!! I even don allow him to add some more fuel for rounding off purpose!!
Don't know about good practice or not, but I too don't allow for any rounding off after the first cut-off.
This though is mostly possible only if you are paying by card.

Supposedly, the recall is going to cost MSIL 300 million rupees.
30 Crores!! Wow.
Bad times for some manufacturers!

Top Bottom